Scars

The Joker Escaped

Scarlett smiled as she walked into the kitchen seeing her aunt Shy sitting there reading a cook book. The woman looked up and smiled at Scarlett as she came into the room.

Shyla: Now what are you going to be doing today, Miss Scarlett?
Scarlett: Libby, Jules and I are gonna be painting the shop.

A man with salt and pepper hair came into the room smirk placed on his face. He reached over and hugged his wife of many years and then tapped his niece on the forehead playfully.

Carmine: Whens the shop going to be open, Scar?
Scarlett: We hope next month.
Carmine: You need money for anything?
Scarlett: Uncle Car! You give me enough money, plus I still haven't touched what you put in my account last week.

He smiled and nodded his head giving his wife a kiss on the cheek so he could soon leave for work. Carmine Falcone was one of the wealthiest men in Gotham, owning the biggest bank in the city. He's tried his best to make sure that all of Scarlett's dreams have come true since the death of her parents, he has financially supported her in everything she has done.

A beeping sound went off in the Falcone home and Scarlett went digging through the sack that was to her side and pulled out her side kick, she immediately started texting. Shyla only laughed at her niece, knowing that one day her fingers were gonna fall off from so much texting and typing, but if it made it happy then that's all that mattered.

Scarlett: I've got to go meet, Jules and Libby. I'll talk to you later aunt Shy, Bye!
Shyla: Be careful, Scarlett!

Scarlett walked over and got inside her black mustang and started it up. The sounds of Avenged Sevenfold filled the air as she began making the 15 minute drive to the boutique where she was going to meet the girls. She couldn't believe that soon she would own one third of a shop owner. She knew though that without her aunt and uncle then she could have never made it, she was so thankful for them. Getting out she laughed as Libby ran over almost tripping.

Libby: Have you got the key?

Scarlett only nodded knowing that if she didn't keep the key then Jules and Libby would more than likely lose it or leave it home on the day they needed it. The two girls began walking towards the building just as their other partner pulled in. Soon the three of them were walking inside. Sighing, Scarlett looked around and knew that they had their hands full.

Jules: This place is huge, it's going to take all day!

Scarlett just tossed her a paint brush as they began opening the paints. Each wall was going to be painted a different color. They had picked out red, blue, green, and purple. It just fit their style so well. The girls soon began slapping the color onto the walls bringing life to the inside.

He let off his maniac laughter as he walked back into the hideout that he hadn't saw in over two months. He had been spending some time at Arkham, and had just escaped earlier today. Walking in he looked over and saw a few of his goons sitting at a table, rolling his eyes he pulled his gun out of his pocket and shot one right in the head gaining the attention of them all.

Joker: Gone for two months and I don't even get a Hi Boss?

The men instantly stood to their feet and greeted him. He rolled his eyes as he made his way up the stairs and into his bedroom. He cracked his neck as he took a seat on the bed and undid his tie. He was glad to finally be out of Arkham, now he could return to his chaos.

Jules and Scarlett were dancing to the music on the radio while they put the final touches on the walls. Their dancing though was cut short when someone pulled the plug on the music to make an announcement.

"Citizen's of Gotham. We have an important announcement to make. The Joker has just escaped Arkham Asylum. Please make sure to be careful and if you see anything out of the ordinary please give the Gotham City Police Department a call."

Jules: I wish that creep would just fucking leave the city. What else can he do to us besides blow us fucking sky high?
Libby: Don't give him ideas, Jules!
Scarlett: I wonder who he's going to target next?

The girls all showed their equal disgust for The Joker as they went back to painting the room. Scarlett wasn't fond of him because her uncle wasn't. She remembered Carmine talking about how The Joker had entered one of the mob members house and cut a smile into the flesh of his face. She shuddered even thinking about it, how could one man be so cold?

Carmine and his son Chad walked into the mob meeting and took their seat next to Sal Maroni. Chad got along good with Sal, but his son Zeke was another story. He didn't like him because of the way he talked to Scarlett, but thankfully Zeke wouldn't be attending this Mob Meeting so Chad didn't have to force himself to hold back the punches that so badly wanted to connect with his face.

Soon the meeting began with a Russia male talking about how The Joker had escaped and they want to make sure that all of their money is safe. Carmine knew that his bank would probably be one of the targeted ones since his is the largest in Gotham.

Carmine: And how do you think we should stop him?
Sal: I say we kill the clown in the cheap suit.

"HA HA HA HA HE HE HE HO HO HE HO HA HA"

Joker: I thought I told you last time? The suit wasn't cheap... You bought it.

He said adjusting it much like he did before. He looked around the room giving each and every man a glance and licked his lips from side to side.

Joker: Now do you really wanna kill little ol' me? I hear Gordon has a new DA whose just itching to get his hands on all of you.

The Joker knew that he was out numbered but he always had a back up when dealing with the mob. He just wanted to make them well aware that he was not one to fuck with. Little did they know he had a link in the mob, that let him know everything that was going on... He was well aware that Sal Maroni wanted him dead.

Joker: Let's say you guys give me a week to live. Then let's see who wants who dead.

He said removing his jacket back to reveal some bombs stitched to the inside of his Jacket. They all backed up much like they did before scared that this time he would actually blow them all up. He ran outside and got inside his van as his men pulled out. He wanted a way to get at the mob, he wanted to really make them pay for thinking they could target him.

" What's the plan, boss? "

The Henchmen known as Giggles ask. The Joker just looked over at him as he kept his eyes on the road not really knowing what the plan was, but he knew he wanted to make them squirm. They needed to know that he was not the man to fuck with.

"Target one of their kids."

A man from the back stated. The Joker turned around and looked over at the henchmen who he had nick named Smiley and raised an eyebrow. He could very well target one of their children and possibly use that against them, however most of their children were adults now since they were old.

Joker: Smiley, I want you and Dopey to find out every single offspring of any mob member and bring the reports to my room before dawn. I want details. Phone numbers, Emails, Work Locations, the works not just a name and a last name. Got it?

The two men nodded their heads in a yes manner as the van came to a halt dropping them off. They knew that they would have to work fast in order to live to see another day. The Joker smirked to himself, even if the child wasn't young or a teen he could still use it against them. No one wanted their child to suffer no matter what the age.

Scarlett hugged her two friends as they closed up the shop, happy to finally have it painted. They all agreed to meet up the next day so they could clean the shelves and start moving a few items in. She felt her phone vibrate and ring from inside her pocket. She pulled it out and answered it as she stuck her car keys into the lock.

Scarlett: Hello?
Chad: Where are you?
Scarlett: Leaving the boutique, why?
Chad: Get home quick, Scar. The Joker escaped.
Scarlett: I heard, anything wrong? How's Shy and Car?
Chad: Fine, Can't talk much.. I'll fill you in when you get here.

Scarlett got inside her car and locked the doors as she started it up. She knew her uncle's dealings in the mob, and knew that the cops were always after him. She just didn't know why her cousin wanted her to get home fast, just because The Joker escaped. Although, she knew that they had a reason and decided to follow his orders and get home as quickly as she could.

Pulling up to the Falcone Mansion Scarlett stepped out as her cousin Chad opened the door allowing her to come in. She looked around and saw that her aunt and uncle were no where to be seen.

Chad: They went out to dinner. Dad wanted me to make sure you made it home safe.
Scarlett: What happened, Chad?
Chad: Joker showed up at the meeting today, and fucking Maroni threatened him. So basically, Dad thinks everyone in the mob is targeted right now.
Scarlett: Maroni? Sal or Zeke?
Chad: Sal, Zeke didn't come to the meeting.
Scarlett: Maybe that's a good thing then. So what are you all gonna do about The Joker?
Chad: I don't know.. The man's a psychopath. I don't know what Sal was thinking after knowing what he done to Gambol.

She just shrugged her shoulders as her cousin filled her in on what else was going on. She couldn't believe though that a man had enough balls to tell the Joker to his face that he wanted him dead. That's like a death wish in writing. Wore out from the day of painting Scarlett walked upstairs and got herself a shower and changed into some more comfortable clothing. Then she took a seat at her huge desk and began gluing and stitching together a few hair extensions for the shop. She knew that they didn't have nearly enough stuff made and wanted to make sure that they at least had a good amount on display.

The Joker looked up from some paperwork when Smiley walked in with a brown file in his hand. He walked over to the desk and placed it down and nodded towards The Joker who opened the file and started with the first page. Female. White. Caucasian. 27 years old. Shaking his head he flipped more over seeing a lot of familiar faces and names. Nothing caught his eye, until he looked down at her. He picked up the picture and looked at it. Her dark hair fell in loose waves around her face, her sparkling blue eyes, and luscious pink lips. He wondered what Mob member she belonged to.

Scarlett Rose Hall
21 years old age
Completed two years of college
Parents : Diseased
Living Arrangements: Lives with her uncle Carmine Falcone
Phone: (555-5555)
Email: scarsandroses@email.com

He looked down and read some of the information that his boys had gathered. Finding out that she moved here when she was barely a teenager due to her parents being killed in an accident. He knew she was the perfect one. How could anyone not want to rescue that beautiful face from the clutches of someone like him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone enjoyed the first chapter :D

Image