Scars

Letting The Guard Down

She just smiled and walked into the room which completely took him off guard. He never expected her to just show up, say hi, and walk in. Shaking his head trying to figure out what was going on in this woman's mind he closed the door behind him and looked over at her. She was now standing in the middle of his room looking around. He coughed behind her making his presence know. She turned around and smiled at him.

Scarlett: You shouldn't wear your make-up all the time.

He mumbled something but Scarlett couldn't understand it. She raised an eyebrow at him and then ask what he said.

Joker: I said.. Apparently I don't all the time.

She just gave him a small smile and then turned back around. Who knew that he was such a smart ass she thought to herself as she walked over to his large window and pulled the curtain back. He had a great view of her house.

Scarlett: Nice view, Jack.

He didn't know what to say to her. He had never been placed in a situation like this before. He just walked over to his desk and took a seat glancing back down at the Arkham files wondering if she was going to stay even if he didn't talk. Scarlett walked over and peeked over his shoulder at some files. He turned around causing her to jump back, she truly wasn't expecting him to turn around like that.

Scarlett: You nearly scared me to death!

She squealed while clutching to her heart, only gaining a chuckle from him.

Joker: Didn't anyone ever tell you it wasn't nice to look over someones shoulder, Princess?
Scarlett: Well, now I know.
Joker: What are you doing here?
Scarlett: I was in the neighborhood and I just thought I'd stop by.
Joker: In the neighborhood? Try something more believable, Princess.
Scarlett: It was you today, wasn't it?
Joker: Hmm?
Scarlett: I saw you, getting into the van with your men.
Joker: Well, my goal was accomplished so that's all that mattered, I could care less who saw me.

He said getting up and shoving past her. He was trying really hard to come off as a complete asshole. It would work if he could only restrain from looking in her eyes. He didn't know what it was about them, but they made his cold black heart completely melt. She just sighed and took a seat in his chair. She had figured out that he wasn't going to kill her, he had plenty of opportunity's to do so. But now she wanted to figure out what was going on in his mind. She watched as he just paced back and forth in the room.

Scarlett: You're making me dizzy!
Joker: I didn't ask you to come.
Scarlett: You didn't ask me to stay away either did you, Jack?

She said standing up from her chair. She wasn't about to let him walk over her, even if he was The Clown Price of Crime. He just looked up at her and could tell it wasn't working. She knew something was up, and probably knew that he couldn't lay a finger on her even if he wanted to.

Joker: What are you doing here, Scarlett?
Scarlett: I just wanted to see you.

She said truthfully completely blowing his mind. Why would a woman like her want to see him? Shaking his head in confusion he walked over and took a seat on his bed. He dropped his head not knowing what to think. She was getting to him, and he knew it. He didn't know what to do, what to say, or even how to react to her. He still didn't know if he could trust her.

Scarlett: Look, I sense that I'm not wanted around so I'll just go.

She said walking straight out of the room and down the stairs. She opened the front door and walked out into the cold sharp air. He looked up, and noticed she was already gone. Just when he grew the balls to tell her he didn't want her to go; she was gone. He reached over on the night stand and grabbed the cell phone and dialed her number. Walking over to the window he pulled the curtain back and watched as she reached in her pocket.

Scarlett didn't like the feeling of being not wanted in a place, so she left. Just as she got across the street and onto the sidewalk her cell phone began to ring. She reached in her pocket and removed it. She said hello in it and was shocked when a deep voice greeted her on the other line.

Jack: You don't give people time to talk, Do ya?
Scarlett: You clearly didn't want me there, Jack.
Jack: Did I say I didn't want you here?
Scarlett: Actions speak stronger than words.
Jack: Come back.
Scarlett: I should be getting home.
Jack: Turn around and look up.

She done as he told her. She looked up at his unpainted face in the window, which seemed to look sad. She sighed closing her phone and sticking it in her pocket. She began walking back to his house wondering why she even bothers though. If he didn't plan on talking then what was the point of her being there? She busted open the front door and then walked back up the stairs. A few of his men who were sitting in the living room didn't have a clue what was going on, but they knew better than to actually get in Scarlett's way. The boss had already warned them that if they lay a finger on her then their bodies would be gutted and then left in the back yard to decay.

Once she reached his door she slung it open and walked seeing him sitting on the bed. He looked up and studied over her facial features. She looked angry for some reason, he wondered why. Shouldn't he be the one mad since she had just walked out on him?

Joker: That time of the month or something?
Scarlett: No, it isn't that time of the month, Jack!
Joker: Someones in a raunchy mood then.
Scarlett: Because of you!
Joker: Me? What did I do, I've been here not bothering you!
Scarlett: Is this why I came back?
Joker: I don't know.. is it?
Scarlett: Cut the shit, Jack.
Joker: Fine. Why'd you come here to begin with, Princess? I know it's not because you were 'in the neighborhood'.
Scarlett: I told you; I wanted to see you.
Joker: Why though?
Scarlett: Because Jack, I just did. I don't know why.

He just nodded his head not knowing what was going on inside hers. He wondered if she came to see him because she was feeling and going through the same thing he was. He wondered how she slept last night.

Joker: How'd you sleep last night?

The question caught her off guard causing her to look at him odd. Why was he questioning her about her sleeping? Deciding that he had a reason for asking her she answered his question.

Scarlett: Not good, why?
Joker: (Smirking) Just making sure.
Scarlett: Making sure of what?
Joker: Nothing for you to worry about, Princess.

Sighing she walked over and took a seat on the bed beside him. She just looked down towards the ground starring at her shoes. He looked over and saw her hair dropped down and smiled. He reached over and moved some of the hair behind her ear, she shuttered feeling him touch her. He licked his lips from side to side and then laid back on the bed. She turned around and looked toward him. He looked so normal laying back on the bed without make-up plastered on his skin. Sure he was still wearing a hexagon shirt, and the purple pants but besides that he looked normal.

Scarlett: Jack...
Joker: Hmm?
Scarlett: Why did you continue talking to me?, and please don't say it was because I was amusing.
Joker: I enjoyed your conversations. You kinda grew on me, I guess.
Scarlett: Was anything a lie? I mean.. your name is Jack, right?
Joker: (Chuckling) My name is Jack, Princess.
Scarlett: 27?
Joker: I am 27, though 28 soon.
Scarlett: What about..
Joker: Some things were lies, but nothing that matters. Some stuff was just a conversation starter.
Scarlett: So the whole comedian act, a lie?
Joker: No, but that is my past.

He thought back to his early twenties and recalled his life. It was good, or so he thought. Even though he and his wife, Jeannie were no where near being upper class, or even middle class they made it by just fine. He thought that their love could make it through anything, however he was wrong. He remembered back to the day when his world came crashing down, the day The Joker was born.
♠ ♠ ♠
The flash back will be in the next chapter. :)
Hope everyone enjoyed.
Image