Scars

War Of Dominance

She sit there not saying a word for the longest time, although he didn't speak either. It was silent between the two of them. Neither knew what to say to the other. She wondered what he was really thinking about; he couldn't have been thinking about today. She was well aware he was thinking about something much more complicated. You don't just stare off into space to remember something that happened hours ago; she knew this all to well. She done it all the time when flashbacks of the accident came up. Sighing she looked over at him. He had changed his position and was now laid back on the bed. She scooted back a little bit and sat Indian style and looked at him. It was getting late and she figured that if they wasn't going to talk now then she might as well be on her way home.

Scarlett: I guess I'll be getting home.
Joker: So soon?
Scarlett: You've hardly talked to me since I got here, Jack.

He nibbled on his bottom lip knowing she was right. He couldn't help it though, he truly didn't know what to say to her. When they was on the phone the words just came out of his mouth as if they was nothing; but now with her standing in front of him it was different. He knew though that if he didn't talk soon though she would get up and leave like she did before.

Joker: Shop opening soon?
Scarlett: Next Monday.
Joker: Excited, Princess?
Scarlett: Of course I'm excited.

She was happy he had finally started a conversation. Just as she was on the verge of telling him goodbye he opened his mouth. Smiling she changed her position and laid down beside him looking up at the old ceiling. He looked over at her and smirked, and then rolled over on his side.

Joker: Have you told anyone?
Scarlett: Told anyone what?
Joker: Where I'm at.

The question caught her off guard a bit. She wrinkled her nose and rolled over on her side. Now they was facing each other. She just raised an eyebrow at him noticing that he was starring at her.

Scarlett: I said your secret was safe with me, Jack. I don't lie.
Joker: I was just making sure, told anything about me to anyone?
Scarlett: I haven't told a soul about you. I mean.. sure, people know that I was talking to a guy named Jack, but that's it.
Joker: Was talking?

She was confused as to what he ask asking. Yes, they was talking.. as in she thought maybe pre-dating, but now she just didn't know.

Scarlett: What do you mean?
Joker: You said was talking, you still technically talk to me.
Scarlett: "Talking" means something different to the younger generation, Jack.
Joker: I'm only 27, Princess.

She laughed a bit at his comment. She didn't mean to diss his age, but it just came out.

Scarlett: I didn't mean to call you old.
Joker: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Scarlett: Truly, I didn't.
Joker: Whatever you say, Princess. So what does "talking" mean now, enlighten me. Because it seems that things have changed since you know.. I aged and all.

She giggled a bit and just shook her head looking over at him. She didn't think he would be dropping this anytime soon so she might as well go ahead and answer any question he was bound to ask her.

Scarlett: Talking is a way of Pre-Dating.. like getting to know the person before the two make it official.
Joker: You considered us "talking"?
Scarlett: What was I suppose to consider us, Jack? You called every night before I went to bed to tell me good night, and most of the time you'd call me in the morning and tell me "Morning Sunshine". Guys don't call girls that much if they don't want a relationship with them. I'm sorry if I thought wrong, but I just went on what I know.

He smiled a bit realizing that they was "Talking" or "Pre-dating". It just amazed him that after he lied to her, and after she found out that he was Gotham's most dangerous criminal she still stays around and talks to him. He wondered now though.. that she knew, were they still in that stage of "talking" or had they completely tossed that out the door. She did say "was talking", he frowned.

Scarlett: What's wrong? You went from smiling to frowning.
Joker: Nothing, Princess.
Scarlett: Stop saying it's nothing, Jack. I know it's something or else your facial expression wouldn't had changed.
Joker: When did we stop?
Scarlett: Stop what?
Joker: "Talking" or whatever.

He moved his fingers in a quotation style around the word talking, still trying to figure out when the definition of the word changed. He remembered back to when he was a teenager, and they used the term "hanging out". Scarlett looked over at him stunned by what he had just ask. She didn't know the answer, or what to say. Did they stop? Maybe they wasn't even talking to begin with. She didn't know what to say to him, she didn't want to say the wrong thing.

Joker: It was when you found out I am who I am, right?
Scarlett: That has nothing to do with it.
Joker: Don't lie, Princess. I know it bothers you.
Scarlett: It doesn't bother me.
Joker: It doesn't bother you that I'm Gotham's most wanted criminal, and I walked around with clown make-up caked over my face, a purple suit from head to toe, and scars engraved into the flesh of my cheeks.
Scarlett: Stop trying to describe yourself as a monster.
Joker: I am a monster.
Scarlett: You fooled me then.

He was fascinated she had just stood her ground to him. He smiled a bit as he looked up at the ceiling, Scarlett looked over at him unsure of what he was thinking. She looked at him for several minutes before breaking the silence and deciding to ask him what he was thinking.

Scarlett: Well?
Joker: You're impressive.
Scarlett: Impressive?
Joker: You really don't care, do you?
Scarlett: It's what you do not who you are. I'm sure you have reasons for it.
Joker: You know they say I'm a psychopath with bi-polar tendencies. How do you know that I won't just snap on you in a matter of minutes.
Scarlett: Because I've yet to see you act different. You've always acted like Jack, whether it be on the phone, Internet, or standing right in front of me.

He licked his lips from side to side and then rolled his tongue over the inside of his cheeks tracing the interior scars. He noticed a shift in the bed but by the time he looked over all he could see was black hair dangling down. Scarlett's face was hovering over him looking down. He was nervous wondering what she was about to do.

She knew there was only one way to find out for certain what her feelings were. She had been questioning them up to this point. Battling with morals, thoughts, and feelings. They say you know it's true through the kiss, so Scarlett's prepared herself to take a step that even the bravest of women wouldn't try. She inched down closer and closer. His eyes began to burn into hers. Swallowing hard and closing her eyes, she inched down until her lips joined with his.

He was stunned that she had just placed her lips on his, but he liked it. Her lips were soft against his and he liked the feeling. Just as she was about to pull away from the kiss he reached his hand around and placed it on the back of her neck and pushed her lips down harder on his. He attempted to deepen the kiss, but she was fighting him for dominance, something that a woman had never done with him. After moments of a battle Scarlett ended up giving in and allowing Jack to have the upper hand in the war for dominance.

A heavy knock came at the door causing Scarlett to pull away from their heated kiss. She gasp for air once her lips departed his. He cursed loud as he got up off the bed and made his way towards the door, wanting to slaughter whoever had just interrupted the best kiss he had ever experienced. He open the door and looked down at Dopey with an annoyed look on his face. For his sake he better have a good reason for knocking on his door.

Dopey: Boss, we just got word from Crane that if you wanted to get some new guys tonight would be your best chance. He was working late and was willing to inject the guards with fear toxin.

The Joker groaned knowing he needed men right now, but he wished it was a different time. Nodding his head he ordered Dopey to get what few men he had left ready. He slammed the door and ran his hands through his hair as he walked back over and looked at Scarlett who was sitting on the bed biting on her bottom lip.

Scarlett: Work calls, huh?
Joker: I guess so, Princess.
Scarlett: I should be going anyway.

She got up and adjusted her shirt and started to walk past him. He grabbed her though and shoved her gently against the wall. She smirked up at him as he just lowered his head down to her level and placed a sweet kiss upon her lips. He didn't let his lips linger long knowing that if he did it would be hard to break away.

Joker: I'll see you soon?
Scarlett: I guess I could stop by again.
Joker: Soon?
Scarlett: Soon. Be careful tonight.

He just nodded his head and watched as she walked out of the room. He walked over and began dressing in his Joker attire, though he pulled back the curtain and watched as she walked down the side walk. He wanted to make sure she made it to safety before he went into the bathroom and put on his make-up. Once he saw her walk into the Falcone gate, he walked into the bathroom and began applying his makeup. He shook his head in the mirror and thought to himself. 'What have you gotten yourself into?'
♠ ♠ ♠
Image