Scars

Summer Plans

Days turned into weeks, and slowly weeks turned into months. Scarlett had tossed herself completely into her studies. She missed home so much with each passing day. She was nearly through her second semester and knew that summer was soon. A summer she could spend at home in Gotham, or here in LA. The debate was raging through her head. She didn't know what to do. She wasn't over Jack, not the least bit. She thought about him daily, several times. It was almost as if he was haunting her. She had to give her uncle the choice today on whether she would return back to Gotham for the summer or stay in LA.

Sighing she laced up her sneakers and walked out of her dorm room. She needed some time to think about this. It seemed like she had only left Gotham yesterday, but she knew it was many months ago. She missed everyone, but should she go back for the summer? Sighing she walked into the coffee shop that was near the campus and ordered her usual. Once she had her coffee she walked over to the park and took a seat on the bench. It wasn't extremely hot out today like it had been the past few days. The wind was blowing slightly giving a nice breeze upon her cheeks. She sipped on her coffee as she watched the children play on the swings and the joggers move quickly before her eyes.

She couldn't go back, not now. What if something happen and she saw him while she was there. Then it would all be for nothing. She just wished she could forget about him, or better yet never met him to begin with. She didn't want to hate him, she couldn't hate him. But she did hold a grudge against him for breaking her heart. She let out a loud frustrated groan when her phone rang. She knew she'd have to end up breaking her uncle's heart by telling him that she decided to stay in California for the summer.

The Joker sit there on the edge of his bed with his hands dropped between his legs. She was on his mind today, and he knew that there was nothing he could do to get her off. It had been nearly nine months since he had last saw her smiling face and he still couldn't get the vision of her out of his head, let alone his heart. Some days were worse than others, like today. He knew that no amount of chaos would help him. The only thing that would possibly help was her, and he knew that wasn't happening. He often wondered how she was doing. Did she enjoy California? Was she doing well in school? But the questions that he found himself asking were the ones that contained him. Did she miss him? Did she think about him? then there was always the question he hated, Had she moved on?

Growling out in frustration he got up off the bed and walked over to the window pulling back the curtain out of old habit and looked toward the mansion. He regretted his decision now. He wanted so badly to just get in contact with her and tell her that. He wanted her back in his life, back in his arms. He didn't care what people thought of him. He didn't care if they thought she was his weakness or not. He couldn't lie to himself, he fell in love with her.

He heard footsteps in the hall way and turned around about that time his bedroom door flung open and in walked a very angry Chad. He looked at the furious man who he had become close with; almost like brothers and questioned him.

Joker: What's wrong with you?
Chad: She's fucking staying there, J! She isn't fucking coming home. That mean's another year away! She doesn't even want to come visit! I can't believe her. She's acting like none of us exist!

Chad was furious with Scarlett's decision to stay in California for the summer. Going to school was one thing but moving there and not even visiting was another thing. Jack's heart dropped when Chad told him she wasn't coming back. Why would she though? She was probably having the time of her life out there in Cali.

Joker: Why would she come back? She's probably having fun out there.
Chad: For us, J! She's got family, friends, you! Don't lie to me, I know you love her, and she loves you! I just, god dammit, She's being difficult.

The Joker just shook his head, he was still trying to act cold towards the topic of him and Scarlett, even though when Chad mentioned that she loved him he couldn't ignore the fact that his heart did a cartwheel. He wanted her back here, and hoped that she would decide to come back this summer, but since she wasn't coming back anytime soon he knew he needed to find something to take his mind off of her.

Joker: Let's go.
Chad: Where are we going?
Joker: Out.

Scarlett walked away from the park when it was just edging dark. She had been there thinking most of the day. She hated to disappoint her uncle like that but she just couldn't go back, not now. She wanted to finish school before she went back then once there she could toss herself into work. On her way back up to her room she passed Amanda, who stopped her.

Amanda: You going home for the summer?
Scarlett: Nope. I'm staying here, probably take a summer course or two.
Amanda: Awesome, I'm staying too. Scarlett, you wanna go to Club Hive with me tonight?

Scarlett debated on this question for a minute or two. It would be her first time really going out and adventuring the night life of LA. Plus, Amanda always talked about how fun the clubs were there. Maybe it would get her clear her mind.

Scarlett: Sure.
Amanda: Really? Awesome! I'll come up to your dorm at 8 to pick you up.

Scarlett nodded her head and continued to make her way up the stairs. She wondered what the night life here would be like she was positive it would be different than from back in Gotham, everything here was different.

The Joker along with his men walked inside the bank and everyone darted down to the ground knowing what was going to happen. Two clown goons went forward and demanded money as The Joker and a masked Chad held the guns towards. One clown came running inside the bank yelling. The Joker turned around and then he heard sirens. He looked over at Chad and then yelled for his other goons. They all rushed towards the front exit and piled in the van quickly and then rushed towards the hideout. He wondered how the cops there so quickly, and then realized that someone probably didn't do their job correctly.

Once they lost the cops they arrived at the hideout and all walked inside. The Joker pulled his pistol out and shot his newest henchmen Bonez in the back of the head. He was in charge of the silent alarm and apparently he didn't do his job too well. Feeling exhausted and horrible about a failed job he walked up the stairs and slammed his door shut. He didn't want to deal with anything else.

He was losing every ounce of sanity he had left. He laid back on his bed not bothering to remove himself from the purple suit or remove the make-up, honestly he had no reason to remove it anymore. He really wasn't Jack now. He was just The Joker constantly. He balled his fist together and then brought them down hard on the comforter. He rolled over on his side and looked at his night stand, he saw the same phone that he had once used to call Scarlett so many times. He picked it up and flipped through the contacts and found her name. He slowly pressed send.

Placing the phone up against his ear, he was waiting for her voice to greet him. He was ready to tell her he didn't mean it. He was ready to tell her just how much he loved her, and needed her.

"I'm sorry.. but the number you've dialed has been disconnected, please check the number and try again"

He instantly just tossed the phone into the wall causing it to shatter into pieces. Why would she change her number? He was so angry. Not at her but at himself. Why would she kept the same number? She had no reason to. She moved to Cali for a reason, and he had a hunch that reason was to get away from him. Chad said though, she would return back to Gotham when she finished school. He just wondered how long she was going to study. She had already been away 9 months and he was slowly going completely insane without her there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image