Scars

Going Home

Scarlett sit there in her computer chair knees up to her chest as she laid her head on her lap. Still trying to understand the events of the night, the worse night of her life. She blamed herself for her actions; she should have known better to accept a drink from a stranger, she had been raised better than that. She sniffled and looked up once she heard a knocking on her door. She slowly got off the chair and drug her feet across the cold floor of the dorm room. The pounding continued and she heard her uncle's strong stern voice on the other side. She turned the knob and opened the door and the older man quickly pulled her into his arms.

Carmine: Are you okay?

He ask as she just sobbed into his arms. She wasn't alone anymore. She had her uncle there, and she was going to tell him she didn't want to stay here any longer. She wanted to go home, back to where her family and friends were, and back to where Jack was. She moved away from her uncle and just looked up into his deep blue eyes. He raised his rough hand to her face and rubbed away from of the tears from her damp cheeks.

Carmine: Everything is going to be ok, Scarlett.

They took a seat on her bed and talked for a little bit. Having someone she knew here made her calmer, and she felt safe. She breathed in deeply and told her uncle in detail how it happened. He just shook his head. Like both Chad and Jack he was furious.

Carmine: Your aunt wants me to take you to the hospital for a check up.
Scarlett: I'm fine, uncle Car.
Carmine: You really need to sweetie.

Scarlett just nodded her head even though she didn't want to go. Her uncle allowed her to change clothes and then he accompanied her to his car where he drove her to the local hospital. Walking in he whispered to the nurse why she was here. The nurse nodded her head and then escorted Scarlett to a room and handed her a gown to get changed into.

Scarlett was changed into the thin gown and was waiting for the doctor. Her uncle decided to sit in a chair right outside the room. He knew his niece would probably feel very uncomfortable if he was in the room while she got examined. The worse thoughts crossed his mind while he was sitting there. What if this would affect her for the rest of her life? What if she had nightmares? What if she was pregnant?

The doctor finished his examination and then smiled at Scarlett. He had seen a lot of girls that had been in the case lately and felt sorry for each and every one of them. Like most citizens of the city he wanted this man caught and locked away.

Dr: Now.. Miss Hall, I must ask.. do you know if he used any sort of protection?
Scarlett: I'm on birth control.

The doctor sighed with relief. The last thing he ever wanted for any young woman was for her to be pregnant with a rapists child. Though there was always the birth control failed, he just hoped for Scarlett it didn't. He nodded his head and jotted down some notes on a clip board. He took a urine sample; and tested it for pregnancy. Negative, but still it was far too early to tell.

Dr: I've tested you for pregnancy, and it was false. But it's a little early still. But the odds are that you aren't, but if you would please take a home pregnancy test in two weeks if you haven't received your period.

Scarlett nodded her head. Being pregnant hadn't crossed her mind. She was more caught up in feeling like a filthy rag doll than to even wonder about the consequences for this. She just hoped her birth control didn't fail her. She walked out of the hospital with a few prescriptions for sleeping and depression. The doctor prescribed them after Carmine discussed how depressed she was after the accident of her parents.

They was back inside the car on the way back to her dorm when she told him what he had been waiting to hear for over nine months.

Scarlett: Uncle Car..
Carmine: Yes?
Scarlett: Can I go home?

He smiled wide and looked over at his niece. He wanted more than anything to take her home. Sure, he wanted her to go to a nice college and make something of herself, but everyone had missed her so much. He nodded his head towards her and pulled out his cell phone. She heard him talking to a man about a private jet. She just laid her forehead against the cold window watching the flashy lights of the city pass her by.

The Joker was on a killing spree. Walking up and down the streets of Gotham stabbing or shooting anyone who was out. It was almost 3 A.m., but some people were still out and about, or just coming in from the bars. He was furious by the news of Scarlett. He couldn't believe someone had raped her. He blamed himself though. If only he wouldn't have pushed her away. He thought she was in danger with him, but at least then he could protect her from freaks like that. He clutched his fist together as he stomped off back towards the hideout.

Chad paced back and forth in the living room waiting on the arrival of his cousin and father. Like Jack, he was furious with the man who raped her and had every intention of going to California and finding out exactly who he was and giving him exactly what he deserved. Shyla entered the room and looked at her son and frowned. She knew how close he and Scarlett was and knew it must be ripping him apart on the insides to hear she was raped.

There was a knock at the door. Chad looked up and then rushed over to answer it. Pulling it open he was surprised to see Jack standing in front of him in a plain black shirt and a pair of jeans. His long fading hair was tied back, and his Joker make-up was off for the first time since Scarlett had left. Chad stepped to the side allowing him to come in. Shyla examined the man from toes to eyes. At first she thought he may just be a friend, but when she saw the scars she knew differently. He could pass as any other individual on the streets if it wasn't for the pale pink scars that formed a smile into his cheeks. He just walked over to the dark corner and stood there.

Chad continued his pacing. Shyla sit down on the recliner and tapped her expensive heel against the wooden floor, and Jack just had his head dropped down looking at his brown shoes. Chad looked up once he heard a car pulling up. He walked over to the window and saw a black BMW pulling in and he knew it was his father and Scarlett. Then she stepped out. He smiled seeing his cousin, though he still couldn't believe that just under 48 hours ago she was being raped by a prick at some bar.

Carmine walked over quickly and draped his coat around his nieces shoulders and walked her inside the house. She was still in shock due to what happened to her, but she was glad to be home. She walked up the front steps and watched as her uncle opened the door to the home she had missed so much. She placed her foot inside the door and peeked in. Her cousin came rushing over to her and pulled her small frame into a hug. She wanted to cry into his arms but her eyes were out of tears. Her aunt cried as she made her way over to her and wrapped her arms around her along with Chad.

Jack watched from the corner. He could barely see her, and she hadn't even noticed him yet. His heart started beating faster when he saw her walk in. Though he was just as furious as before once he was the sad look on her face and her blood shot eyes. He was aware that she was probably going through a hard time right now, but he assured himself that the boy would pay for this. He watched as Shyla moved away from her and Chad spun her around and released her from his tight grip. Her back was now facing him.

Shyla: Let's get you upstairs and you can get in your bed and then we'll talk to you sweetie, you need rest.
Scarlett: No.. I've got to go see him.

He wanted to smile but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Instead he just walked over towards her. She heard foot steps and turned around wondering who else was in the house. Her mouth dropped open when she saw Jack standing there in the same room. She couldn't move, she was absolutely shocked. He quickened his pace and walked faster towards her and once he got right in front of her she just fell into his arms. It was the only thing she could do. She felt his muscular arms wrap tight around her body and she took in the familiar scent once again. She didn't know when she had forgot about being mad at him, but she couldn't hold the grudge any longer. All she wanted to do was stay in his embrace, it was the only place she felt safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image