Scars

Bruises And Scars

The Joker thought it would be a good idea for Scarlett if she rested, he escorted her up to her bedroom and undone her covers as she changed into something more comfortable. He was sitting in a rocking chair by her window when she came out of the bathroom in a tank top and a pair of shorts. His eyes traveled over her body but landed on a blue and yellow bruise that was on her shoulder. As she walked closer he got up and stood in front of her bringing his hand up to the bruise and running a finger over it.

Joker: Did he do this too?

She just nodded her head. The bruise was from the force of his hands pushing her down on the bed. Though, she could hardly feel the pressure of it at the time due to everything else that was going on. She looked up and Jack just shook his head as he trailed her finger over the bruise. She couldn't believe he was standing in her room. She walked over to her bed and laid down pulling the covers up over her body. He leaned down and placed a kiss upon her forehead before he turned to leave the room. He had so much he wanted to say but he knew she needed her rest.

Scarlett: Jack..

Her voice was so weak and barely above a whisper. He turned around slowly and looked over at her with his apologetic eyes. It was hard for him to look at her, he blamed himself for all of this.

Scarlett: Stay with me tonight, please?

It took him a few seconds to comprehend what she had ask him, but slowly he made his way over to her side. He kicked his ragged brown shoes off and crawled into bed with her. It had been so long since they laid side by side. She moved herself into his arms much like she used to when they slept together. He softly ran his fingers through her hair. He knew she wasn't asleep, or anywhere near sleep but he thought she needed it.

Joker: Go to sleep, Princess.
Scarlett: I'm not sleepy.
Joker: You need your sleep.

She just shook her head against his chest. She didn't want to sleep. She just wanted to be with him. Talk to him, listen to him, feel him. She remembered back to when he called her after the incident happened he wanted to tell her something. He wanted her to listen to what he had to say.

Scarlett: Jack..
Joker: Hmm?
Scarlett: What was you going to tell me on the phone.. before the police came. You told me to listen, but then I had to go..

He sighed a bit knowing exactly what he was going to tell her. But could he do it now with her laying right beside him? He was ready to do it on the phone where he couldn't see her reaction but now she was laying right beside him. Could he really tell her everything that was on his mind? He took a deep breathe and closed his eyes as his fingers still made their way through the tangles of her black hair.

Joker: I made the wrong decision.

She scrunched her eyebrows up a bit confused by what he had just said. What decision did he make wrong? She didn't need to tell him to elaborate on what he meant, she heard him take in a deep breathe and knew he was going to do that all on his own.

Joker: You need to know Princess, I love you. But I don't want you to be in any sort of danger because of me that's why I ended it.
Scarlett: You ended something that was never official, Jack.

She now raised up on her elbows and was facing him. He head was laid back on her feather pillows looking at her pretty confused. They might not have been official but Jack considered them together.

Joker: Official or not, Princess. I had to end it.
Scarlett: Why?
Joker: You don't need my lifestyle. I have enemies who would rip you to shreds just by knowing your linked to me. If anyone knew about us then you would've been a target.
Scarlett: No one knew about us.
Joker: Zeke found out, didn't he? Don't you understand that the longer we were together the more dangerous it was for you, all I was trying to do was protect you..

Scarlett just shook her head at him not wanting to believe or understand anything he was saying. It all made too much sense to her. Jack wanted her to be safe and protected but she could care less about that, she just wanted his love.

Scarlett: Jack..
Joker: What, Princess?
Scarlett: I would rather live in danger than be away from you.

Her words were shocking but yet soothing to him all at the same time. She would rather experience a unpredictable dangerous life rather than a life without him? Did she really love him this much? Never in his wildest dreams would he have thought someone would fall so deeply in love with him. She accepted him for everything he was, good or bad. He cocked an eyebrow and let a smirk appear on his face.

Joker: Is that so?
Scarlett: Yes, it is.

He just smiled and placed a kiss upon her forehead as he pulled her down into a hug. He licked his lips allowing his tongue to run over his scars. He had her back in his life, and he wasn't going to let her go. He had never felt so many raw emotions before. He still had fury shooting through his veins due to the guy raping her, but he felt love too.

Both of their eyes darted toward the door when they heard a light knocking and then the knob turned. Chad slowly walked in and took a seat at the rocking chair by the window. He looked over at the two and attempted to smile. It was good seeing Scarlett back home, and with a small smile upon her lips.

Chad: If I knew you two were in bed I would've just kept walking. How are you feeling?

He ask his cousin with a small frown still visible on his lips. It had been there since he got news of Scarlett's tragedy.

Scarlett: I'm sore but, I'll be fine.
Chad: Dad's downstairs right now on the phone with the police department in Cali. He told them he brought you here but he wanted to be updated on news of the guy.
Joker: The police better not find him before I do..

He mumbled while aligning Scarlett's fingers within his. She burrowed her eyebrows together and wondered what exactly was going through Jack's head. What did he mean they better not find him before he did? Her rapist was in California, not Gotham.

Scarlett: What do you mean before you do?
Joker: He's not getting away with this, Princess.
Scarlett: He's in California, you're in Gotham.

The Joker just sit back and smiled at her. He would find him, he didn't care what it took. This guy was now number one on his list, by passing every one else even The Batman. He didn't care that he had to travel to California to get him, everything would be worth it.

Scarlett didn't understand what Jack was thinking but she knew by the sadistic smile upon his face it wasn't good, at least for "Brandon" it wasn't. She knew what he was capable of and knew that once he set his mind on something he wouldn't stop until he got what he wanted with it. Chad rocked back and forth knowing what Jack was thinking about. The two had already discussed it the night they found out what happened. He and Jack was going to travel to California to kill him. They wouldn't allow him to get away with raping her.

Chad soon departed the room allow Jack and Scarlett to spend a little bit more time together. He knew he had plenty of work to do before they traveled to California. He needed to get some fake I.D's and things for Jack. Chad just hoped that this guy would be easy to find.

Once Chad left the room Scarlett let her eyes travel up to Jack's. She could tell every time he was thinking about something violent because his eyes seem to darken a few shades. He noticed her glaring at him and smirked.

Joker: Why are you looking at me like that, Princess?
Scarlett: What do you plan on doing?
Joker: You know me so well, don't you?
Scarlett: Answer me, please.
Joker: I'm going to California in two days.
Scarlett: You're leaving me? Why!
Joker: Because I'm going to find him, Scarlett. He's going to pay for this. For what he done to you, he's going to pay.
Scarlett: How long will you be gone?

She knew there was no fighting him on this. He was going to do as he pleased, and right now all that was on his mind was her rapist. She just hoped he didn't stay gone a long time. They just got reunited and here he was leaving her? She just didn't know if she could handle that.

Scarlett: How long?...
Joker: However long it takes.

That wasn't the answer she wanted but it was the only one she was receiving. Jack didn't care how long it took for him to find this man, he was going to find him and he was going to make him regret every laying one hand on her. He didn't like the fact he was going to be leaving her, especially at a time like this, but this was something that had to be done. He wouldn't be able to sleep at night if he knew someone who hurt her, not only physically but mentally was out on those streets still breathing at night. This man left a scar on her;It may not be visible on the outside but it'll haunt her on the inside forever and Jack was going to make sure he payed for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image