Scars

Crashing The Party

Scarlett stepped out of her car and adjusted her knee length black dress and flipped some of her long curls behind her. She walked over and stood in front of the shop rather than the parking lot and waited for Zeke. Jules and Libby couldn't believe she was going out with the creep, but at least after tonight he would be off her back for good. She saw his expensive car pull up, rolling her eyes she saw him step out with a single rose in his hand.

Zeke: You look stunning, Scarlett.
Scarlett: Thanks.

She mumbled as he walked her to the passenger door and opened it for her. He handed her the rose and walked back over and climbed inside the driver's side and took off toward the location. Zeke was dressed in a dark pin stripe suit, with his hair slicked back. Scarlett was aware that most of the women of Gotham would probably go giddy around a man like this. Good looking, Officer.. if only they knew what a real asshole he was and how he was a corrupt officer.

Once they arrived at the party Zeke parked his car on the side walk and they got out. Normally someone would park your car for you at one of Bruce's parties, but Zeke didn't trust anyone with his car. Scarlett held her small purse tight to her, not wanting to lose it. It only held her I.D., a small amount of cash, her phone, and keys but that in itself was very important. She walked in the building along side Zeke as he attempted to link arms with her. Walking into the main ball room her eyes grew wide seeing how many people were here. It was like a giant rainbow looking at all the different colors of the fancy gowns. She felt very under dressed seeing as how she was just in a simple black dress. Commissioner Jim Gordon soon came over and said hello to Zeke, and Scarlett.

Gordon: Hello Zeke, wonderful turn out isn't it?
Zeke: It's more than I expected, Jim.
Gordon: I must ask who is your lovely date for the afternoon.
Zeke: Jim Gordon I want to introduce you to the lovely Scarlett Fal--
Scarlett: My name is Scarlett Hall.
Zeke: Oh yeah, I keep forgetting your last name is different. Hall, Scarlett Hall.
Gordon: Pleasure to meet you dear.

Scarlett placed her hand in Gordon's and they shaked as he soon made his way through the crowd to mingle with others. Zeke picked up two glasses of wine off a butler's tray as he was passing and handed one to Scarlett. She had to admit, he was being a complete gentlemen on their date. He had yet to make any sort of flirt, perverted, or just plain out cocky comment towards her and she liked that.

Bruce Wayne soon busted through doors with models linked on both his arms. Scarlett just rolled her eyes not seeing why he needed two models. Could one not do him justice? He made a small announcement and speech about why they were there tonight. It was t raise money for the new hospital that was being built since The Joker had decided to go and blow up Gotham General. Scarlett was having a good time, watching everyone make a fool of themselves on the dance floor when a sudden loud bang echoed through the building. She looked up to see what had happened and her jaw almost dropped to the floor seeing the man who gave children dreams at night. The man who wore the purple suit and painted face. The man who was known as no other than The Joker.

Jim Gordon rushed to the middle of the crowd and ushered everyone back. Scarlett was squeezed somewhere between an elderly woman and the wall. She could hardly see what was going on, and managed to sneak her way past the woman so she could get a look. She would much rather witness what was going on rather than to be in the dark. She saw Zeke along side of Jim Gordon and The Joker just circled them like he was sizing them up for something.

Joker: Commish! What a complete blast running into you... and when I mean.. blast.. well, you'll see.
Gordon: JOKER, YOU'RE UNDER ARREST.

He said pulling out a gun from the inside of his jacket and pointed it towards the man, only to have two more pointed at him by some random goons wearing clown mask. Scarlett didn't know what to do but look on at the situation like many others. She wasn't as scared as the people shaking next to hear, but she couldn't lie that she did feel uncomfortable.

Joker: Ah ta ta ta. You're off the clock.

He said walking around the room and pointing his gun towards random people for intimidation. He grabbed a wine glass and tossed it to the floor causing everyone to move backwards quickly in fear that something else was going to happen after the noise. His eyes scanned over the crowd until they landed on a pale beauty with dark hair. She was wearing a loose fitting black dress that looked amazing on her. He was positive he let his eyes linger over her a bit longer, knowing she was the one who he had been having the conversation's with. The sudden punch to his head let him know that he had lingered too much though. Batsy came to play.

Turning around he gave the Bat a high kick to the stomach causing him to fall backwards, where two of his goons grabbed him. Most of the crowd took this as their que to leave so soon it was total chaos as everyone began running for exits. Scarlett just stood there watching what was going on though. She didn't move. When he looked at her, and let his eyes rest on her. She could swear she saw something in those eyes. She didn't know what it was, but it was something.

Zeke: Let's get out of here!

He screamed grabbing her arm and pulling her towards and exit. Shaking her mind from her thoughts she walked with him allowing her heels to click against the floor making a little noise. The Joker looked up from Batman and noticed that Scarlett was leaving with a guy, a guy who he assumed to be Zeke. Smiling he got up and pulled out his blade and walked towards them and grabbed Zeke by the arm just as he was about to walk into the elevator.

Zeke: GO SCARLETT.

He pushed her into the crowded elevator just as he was being pulled away. Soon the doors closed with fear all over her face. She truly couldn't believe that Zeke had pushed her into the elevator and saved her life possibly. The elevator soon hit the ground floor and everyone rushed out almost pushing her down. It was like a riot had erupted in Gotham City, chaos was everywhere. It was exactly what he wanted. She ran over seeing Jim Gordon on a cell phone.

Scarlett: Zeke is inside! The Joker grabbed him!
Gordon: Are you positive?
Scarlett: Yes! He grabbed him right before he could get in the elevator.

Jim Gordon motioned for three officers that had just arrived at the scene to go in. Scarlett walked over to Zeke's car and leaned against it, hoping that he would be okay. True, she didn't like him. But she didn't dislike him enough for him to die. After all, he had saved her life and almost shown her a good time tonight.

The Joker pushed Zeke against the wall and raised a blade to his mouth. He didn't know why he grabbed him instead of giving Batsy what he really deserved, but something over powered him and he wanted Zeke more. He laughed in his face as he brought a blade up to his mouth and ran it across the outside of his cheek, Zeke squirmed beneath him trying to get out of his grip. It was pointless though. The Joker was a strong man, not to mention standing at 6'4'' he towered over the 5'9'' Zeke.

Zeke: What do you want with me?
Joker: It's always 'what do you want with me', 'why me'. Don't you ever think about anyone but yourself.

"BOSS, COPS ARE COMING."

One of the goons yelled from the stairs. Cursing The Joker knew that he needed to make a run for it. The three goons couldn't hold Batman forever, and then it was untelling how many cops were coming. He would be out numbered and no where to disappear too. Smiling he slashed into Zeke's collar bone, just deep enough to bleed and scar. Then he ran down the elevator along with his men just as the cops were coming in. Batman raised to his feet feeling a bit light headed due to the punches to the head but still rushed over to the elevator. It was too late though. The Joker and his men had already escaped.

Jim Gordon ran up the stairs and held his gun around the room and looked for them and cussed loudly seeing that they must have escaped. Batman disappeared out the window as Gordon walked over to a bleeding Zeke.

Gordon: You alright?
Zeke: Yeah. I think I'll need stitches but I'm fine.

Scarlett watched as figured lingered in the shadows and wondered if it was people escaping or if it was in fact him making his escape. Shaking her head she looked up and saw Zeke walking out of the building clutching to his collar bone.

Scarlett: Oh My God, Zeke. Are you okay?
Zeke: The bastard cut me, but I'm fine. I'm going to catch a ride to the hospital with a fellow officer. Jim Gordon said he'd drive you back to the shop.

She only nodded her head in agreement with him and walked over to find Jim Gordon. He smiled at the girl and finished up his business before escorting her to his car. He and His wife dropped Scarlett off at her car. Racking her brain because of the events that had just happened she opened her car door and climbed inside. She still couldn't believe how his eyes burned into hers. She didn't understand it.

The Joker walked into the hideout very ticked off. He didn't like the fact that he didn't get to have as much fun as he wanted with Batsy, but at least he saw her. His men knew he was pissed so they tried to stay out of his way the best they could. He walked straight up to his room not wanting to be disturbed tonight. He walked into the bathroom and stripped himself of his clothing and got inside the Joker. Allowing the water to run down his body in a stream of black, red and white with a small mixture of green as well. Once his shower was done he slipped on a pair of regular lounge pants and then walked over to the laptop that sit on his desk. He knew she said she wouldn't be online; but the party was cut short.. maybe just maybe she would be.

Scarlett walked inside the house still racking her thoughts. She knew she was probably home alone since Chad's car, along with 'the family car' that her uncle and aunt always drove was gone. Chad was probably out causing trouble while her aunt and uncle went to visit her Carmine's mother who was in the local hospital. Walking upstairs and into her bedroom she sighed, not wanting to go to bed but also not wanting to do anything. She looked over at her computer and her thoughts traveled to Jack and she smiled, hoping he would be on. Boy oh boy, did she have a story to share with him.

The Joker was in his bed looking up at the ceiling with a ding went off indicating that someone had messaged him. He left the computer on.. just in case. Smiling he tossed his covers off and walked over looking down at the screen was a blinking box with just the name he wanted to see. He took his seat and began typing to her.

At first she thought he wasn't going to answer and then she smiled once she read that he was away from the computer for a moment. She then begin telling him that he wouldn't believe what a night she had. She told him every single detail that had happened.

He smiled reading what she had to say, her exact quote was "You won't believe what happened." If only she knew though. If only she knew he was well aware of what happened, if she only knew he was the one who was behind it.

Scars: It was chaos Jack, a pure riot!
Jack: Did he scare you?
Scars: Surprisingly, No. He even gave me a glare like everyone else.. but I wasn't scared.

He raised a hand to his chin and stroked it for a minute debating on why she wasn't scared. He remembered back to the face she had earlier and realized it was different from everyone else's. She didn't show fear, she didn't show any expression. She just returned his glare not even blinking.

They talked for a bit more that night. They covered a few more details of one another, and got to know the other better. As bad as Scarlett hated to admit it, she found herself liking Jack. She had yet to see what he looked like, and still didn't know many things about him but something; there was something about him she liked. She didn't know if it was his odd sense of humor, or the way he called her princess. But something about this mysterious Jack fellow had caught the attention of Scarlett.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image