Scars

Girl Talk

Scarlett giggled as Jules tripped over a empty box and landed hard on her butt. Libby had just walked into the room with everyones lunch and couldn't figure out why Scarlett was bent over laughing, and why Jules was in the floor.

Libby: What happened?
Jules: I fell on my butt.

The girls had been arranging more stuff in the shop today. They had been at it since early this morning and it was way past lunch time. She handed each of her friends their bag from Wendy's and the girls sit in a circle in the floor and began eating their food. Scarlett decided that she would ask her best friends their opinions on what she was starting to feel towards Jack.

Scarlett: Ok guys. I have like a serious situation.
Jules: Shoot. Wait, is it about Zeke?
Scarlett: No.
Jules: Good cause I was gonna punch you, seriously. If you ever go on a date with him again I may just have to kick your ass.
Scarlett: I assure you. No more dates with Zeke, even though he did possibly save my life.
Libby: Dish the real dirt, what's on your mind, Scar?
Scarlett: The last few nights, actually I guess it's been over a week now.. I've been talking to this guy online.
Jules: Now now.. young lady. I've told you about cyber sex and --
Scarlett: Let me finish, Jules.. then you can crack all the jokes you want!

Jules smiled as she placed one of her fries into her mouth. It wasn't odd or weird to her that Scarlett had met a guy online. She always met people online, but she had yet to really talk to them about anyone. She wondered what her best friend was about to tell her.

Scarlett: He's from Gotham, actually.
Libby: Ooh. Go on!
Scarlett: and I really think I like him.
Jules: What's his name?
Scarlett: Jack.
Jules: Last name?
Scarlett: I..uh, I don't know his last name.
Jules: You like a guy and you don't know his last name.. what does he look like, Scar?
Scarlett: I don't know that either.
Jules: What do you know about him?
Scarlett: All the unimportant things that mean more than a face or a last name. Like, I know his favorite food, and his favorite color, I know he likes to sleep with his feet hanging off the bed cause he likes the breeze on them.
Jules: You like him because his feet like breeze? Woah, winner right there, Scar.

Scarlett looked down and felt silly for admitting her feelings for Jack. Although Libby reassured her that he sounded like an amazing guy and flashed Jules a mean expression. Julia had a personality where she said things not knowing if they hurt peoples feelings or not, she just made a joke out of everything. She noticed though that she had hurt Scarlett's feelings and immediately regretted cracking jokes on her friend Jack.

Jules: I'm sure he's a great guy though, Scarlett. Are you gonna meet him anytime soon?
Scarlett: I don't know.. I wanna get to know him a bit better, then I'm actually thinking about asking him to meet up somewhere.

The girls finished up their lunch and then returned to working on the shop for a bit. They had managed to put all the shelves into their rightful places. It was near dark when they finally walked out of the shop locking it behind them. Scarlett hugged her two best friends goodbye and made her way over to her car and got inside. She turned up the music and sang along as she drove to the falcone mansion.

Just as Scarlett stepped out of her car she noticed her cousin Chad and a young lady exiting the house. She smiled up at him and noticed he was all dressed up. The young woman flashed her a wide grin.

Chad: Scarlett, I'd like you to meet Lori Dawes.
Scarlett: Hi Lori.. Dawes.. I've heard that name before.

Lori let her smile fade from her face and her eyes nearly swelled with tears.

Lori: My older sister was Rachel Dawes.

Scarlett knew she had stuck her foot into her mouth. Everyone knew the story of Rachel Dawes and what happened to her. Scarlett apologized and Lori brushed it off her shoulder knowing that she didn't mean anything by it. She waved Chad and Lori goodbye as she entered the house seeing her uncle sitting in the living room with a newspaper in his hands. He looked up from it and adjusted his reading glasses and smiled at Scarlett.

Carmine: Did you meet Miss Lori?
Scarlett: I did.. she seems nice.
Carmine: Especially for a Dawes.
Scarlett: Yeah.. I brought up Rachel out there, not meaning to.
Carmine: Accidents happen sweetie. But I'm heading out. Your aunt is out getting her hair done, I'll see you soon sweetie.

He said as he brushed by kissing her cheek on the way out. She smiled and gave her uncle a hug, not knowing what she would do without him. Even though Gotham looked at him as if he was a monster to the city, she knew that he was really her angel. If it wasn't for him being so kind and fatherly towards her, then it's really unknown where she would be. She walked up the stairs and decided that since the shelves are now done she can catch up on making a few bows. She got all of her stuff and placed it on the bed and began gluing and stitching some new bow ideas together.

She stretched realizing she had been working on the bows for hours. Putting away the supplies she walked over and booted up her computer hoping that Jack was online. She smiled seeing him online, and then smiled even wider when his message popped up.

Jack: Well well, if it isn't a gift from heaven.
Scars: Funny. What are you up to?
Jack: Nothing. you?
Scars: Just got done making some bows.
Jack: Oh for the shop? When is it going to be opened?
Scars: Soon, I think. Probably a month or so.

Scarlett then got an idea, hoping that it worked. She desperately wanted to get to know Jack better and the only way she knew so without meeting him would be to take their conversations to the next level. To leave the Internet behind and possibly talk on the phone.

Scars: Jack, do you think I could call you or something? I really don't feel like typing tonight but I wouldn't mind talking to you.

The Joker raised up out of his seat seeing the words she had just typed. He knew that if she wanted to take their conversations to a phone level then he was defiantly gaining her trust. He though, didn't have a phone. He told Scarlett to hold on, so he could check his phone battery. He walked down the stairs and looked at the men.

Joker: Who has a cell phone?
Happy: I do, Boss.
Joker: Give it to me.
Happy: Okay, Boss. but I only have 300 any time minutes but it's free after --

He didn't finish his sentence. He received a bullet to the head, The Joker cursed at himself for not having the number. How could he possible get it now that Happy was laying in a pool of blood.

Joker: What was his number?
Giggles: Should be stored in the phone.

The Joker handed it to Giggles who seemed to know much more about the cellphone than himself. He handed it back to The Joker and he saw that numbers were placed on the screen. Walking back upstairs he wanted over to the computer and typed in the digits. He knew though he would need to disguise his voice.

Scars: Ok, I'm calling you right now.

She said as she turned off her computer and entered his digits into her phone. She nervously waited for it to ring. He listened as it rang three times and then answered it. Her voice was on the other end, he smiled evilly.

Scarlett: Nice to not have to type, huh?
Jack: Yeah, it is nice.
Scarlett: So tell me, Jack. What part of Gotham do you live in?

He then racked his brain for a location. He gave her a general area of where he lived instead of a exact location. He told her he lived on 'the bad side' of town. He laid down on the bed as their conversation continued. Her voice was girly but seductive in it's own way. He laughed at one of her jokes, and then couldn't believe it. Here he was, suppose to be thinking of ways to torture the girl, but the only thing he could think of was how beautiful and intelligent she was. Shaking his head he had her repeat the last thing she said due to him not hearing it.

Scarlett: So, are you going to stop by my shop once it's done?
Jack: You know, I might. I really need some new high extensions.
Scarlett: Funny.
Jack: I told you, Princess. I'm a comedian.
Scarlett: Why do you call me that?
Jack: Don't like it?
Scarlett: It's not that.. I just wonder why.

He smiled and laughed lightly not giving her a reason why. He usually called all female victims princess, especially when he kidnapped them. He listened to her talk about her two friends Libby and Jules and how close the three of them was. They were defiantly from two different worlds. She had two close friends who she would give her life for, and he well had a few henchmen who he killed if they said the wrong thing. She was physically beautiful; while he was a monster in the publics eye.

Scarlett let a yawn escape her lips and then looked over at the clock realizing it was almost four a.m.

Scarlett: Well, I'm going to hit the sack, I'll call you tomorrow sometime.
Jack: Okay, that sounds good.
Scarlett: Jack..
Jack: What, Scarlett?
Scarlett: Do you think you and I could possibly meet up sometime?
Jack: Maybe. Goodnight Scarlett.
Scarlett: Night.

She hung up her phone and laid it on her nightstand in her room. She wanted so badly to squeal out in excitement the entire time that they was on the phone. She felt like a giddy teenager who had just figured out what a crush was for the first time. She liked Jack much more after tonight, and wanted so desperately to meet the man behind the screen and phone.

He hung up the phone and tossed it on a ragged shelf he had in the corner of the room, knowing that she would be calling him sometime tomorrow somewhat made him feel needed. He though tried to not lose the focus that she was a soon to be kidnapped victim. He was suppose to be thinking of ways he could use her against the mob, but it seems that since he started talking to her in depth all of the tormented visions he had in store for her had disappeared from his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image