Scars

The Secrets Out

He paced back and forth in his room, looking over at her every so often wondering what exactly he was going to do. He could drop her off at the Falcone Mansion, but what if someone was home? Especially Chad or Carmine, could you imagine what would happen to his reputation if THE JOKER dropped off a girl on her house. He just couldn't risk it. His head with swimming with thoughts when a groaning noise caused him to look over at the bed.

Scarlett stirred a bit, raising her hand up and rubbing her head. She adjusted her vision to the dim lighted room and looked around. She noticed she was on a bed, and she could see a window. Where am I? She thought to herself and then visions of what happened came flooding back. Walking. Black guy. Alley. Joker. Fainted. She shook her head and turned her head around to look at the rest of the room and let out a loud scream when she saw the Joker standing by the door looking at her. She jumped up off the bed quickly and backed into the corner scared to death. She knew what this man was capable of, she had heard the stories from everyone in Gotham.

He closed his eyes hearing her scream. Once she was done screaming he raised a finger up and rubbed his ear gently trying to comfort them. He hated loud screams, it was truly one thing that got on his nerves. He looked over at her and saw her in a corner with horror on her face. He walked closer and she closed her eyes and her teeth began to chatter.

Scarlett: What do you want from me?!

She yelled out and he just raised an eyebrow and gave her a 'what the fuck' look. Changing his voice into the "Joker" one he then decided to speak.

Joker: I saved your life, prin--

He caught himself before he finished. He knew that he had called her princess and he was positive if he called her that now she would figure out who he was.

Scarlett: You're going to kill me, aren't you?

She ask from sobs. She had managed to slide down in the corner and pull her knees up to her chest. Closing his eyes and shaking his head he walked out of the room. Scarlett raised up when she heard a door shut and saw he was out of the room. She sighed loudly and let a tear of fear leave her eye. She was truly scared to death, and had no reason why she was here. Or why he had even saved her in the first place.

He stood there in the hallway forever leaned up against the old wall with his eyes closed trying to think of what he was suppose to do. There was so many options running through his mind. Part of him wanted to walk in there and let her know exactly who he was, and hope that she ran to him with open arms. While the other part of him wanted to just take her and drop her off on the corner so she could walk home.

Scarlett managed to collect herself and get up from her corner. She walked over and took a seat on the bed back facing the door and sighed. How can one day turn into such hell? She thought back to earlier today organizing the shop with Jules and Libby getting ready for the opening in two weeks, then the problem with Jack, then the rapist in the Alley, and now The Joker. Things just went from amazing to the pits of hell in just a matter of hours.

She thought about ways to get out of this room. Sure, there was a window, but it didn't open. She'd have to break it which would cause a loud noise, and they're on the second floor. So if she wanted to escape then she better plan on jumping to her deaths, which would do her no good. She knew that she probably just couldn't walk out of here, since everyone knew he had plenty of men. She'd probably be shot stepping out of the door.

Then she remembered the one thing that might actually work if no one came in. She reached in her blazer pocket and pulled out her cell phone. The one thing that could never let her down. Normally, a person would call 911. But something in her didn't trigger, she instead pressed the digit 3 and send, which was her speed dial to Jack.

She held the phone up to her ear and listened as she waited for someone to pick up. But what caught her attention was the sound of another cell phone ringing.

He stood there with his back still to the wall wondering on what to do when his pocket started vibrating and the sound of the phone started ringing. He reached in his pocket out of habit, and then his eyes went wide remembering SHE WAS HERE. Only one room over, probably hearing the sound of the phone. He didn't answer the phone he just pushed it back inside his pocket and stepped forward placing his hand on the door knob and turning it.

Scarlett was defiantly panicking now that she had heard a cell phone go off at the exact time she called Jack... she looked over and saw the door knob turn. She stood up off the bed as he walked in and looked at her, giving her a blank expression. She dropped the phone out of her hands in fear. She thought he had Jack, hurt him possibly.

Scarlett: Where is he?

He lowered his eyes and looked at her for a second as she repeated her sentence a bit louder, on the verge of yelling actually. Did she think that he had took Jack? Why was she asking where he was? She reached down and picked up the phone from the ground and pressed the 3 again, and then send. She listened as the sound was much louder now. He closed his eyes and reached in his pocket, took out the cell phone, and tossed it to the corner.

Scarlett: WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS JACK? DID YOU HURT HIM? KILL HIM? WHERE IS HE!

She demanded in an harsh voice. It seemed as if she was no longer scared of the man in the purple suit. She was more focused on why he had Jack's cell phone and if he was hurt. He still hadn't spoke, he just looked at her. She got up and walked over to him scared of what he would do to her.

Joker: You need to calm down.

He said as she got closer, though she didn't want to calm down. How could anyone be calm in a situation like this. She went to slap him but he grabbed her wrist. She tried to move her arm from his grip but he was far too strong for her. She just dropped it, defeated and looked up at him.

Scarlett: What do you want with me?

He didn't answer. His dark eyes just burned into her crystal blue ones. He was finally face to face with the woman who had been driving him crazy this past month. The woman who had made him feel things that he hadn't felt in years. The woman who was slowly making him feel sane. He swallowed hard but still didn't speak, he just licked his lips from side to side.

She starred at him, waiting for him to say something or even worse hurt her in some way. But nothing, he didn't hit her. He didn't say a word. He didn't even take his gaze off her. She began to feel uncomfortable with his eyes on her like they was, she opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by a man's voice.

Giggles: Boss? Oh.. uh.. never mind.

He said and soon disappeared from the door way. She turned her attention back around to the Joker and assumed that he was a worker. She looked up at him and remembered what he had done to Zeke in just a few minutes, and hoped he didn't do anything to Jack.

Scarlett: Where is he, please tell me where he is?

She begged causing his mind to completely lose control. He didn't know if he could tell her or not. He wanted to, but the way she was reacting to him told him not to. He just looked deep within her blue eyes hoping for an answer to his questions.

Scarlett: That's Jack's cell phone, isn't it?
Joker: Well... not technically..

He said thinking back to how he had killed one of his henchmen for the cell phone and smiled. She burrowed her eyebrows together in confusion not understanding what was going on. Why was he just looking at her? She couldn't figure out why he hadn't beat the shit out of her yet, or stabbed her numerous times until she screamed out in agony. He hadn't even attempted to take her cell phone.

Scarlett: What do you mean.. not technically?
Joker: You don't worry your pretty little head about it, Got it?

He knew what he had to do. His only option was to never let Scarlett find out that he was Jack. He cracked an attitude with her, and hoped that he intimidated her.

Joker: You see, Princess. It's a cold dark world out there..

He started talking but after Princess she didn't listen. Everything was blacked out and she finally started connecting the dots. She remembered back to the times when he said he was busy, and it was always times when The Joker had made an appearance in the city. She closed her eyes as he continued on with his story.

Joker: You listening?

She just looked over at him and opened her eyes. She didn't know what she was suppose to do. She wondered why her? Out of all the girls in the Gotham why her? She had so many emotions running through her. Angry, Hurt, Sad, Happy, Confused. He walked closer to her and she backed up against the wall. He towered over her small frame and looked down.

Scarlett: You are tall.

She stated, as he looked down at her and raised an eyebrow.

Joker: What?
Scarlett: You are tall, Jack. You didn't lie.

He looked at her once she mentioned his name and he could've sworn that everything around him went crashing down. He exhaled air loudly and closed his eyes still hovering over her small frame. How did she figure it out?

Joker: How did you--
Scarlett: You shouldn't have called me Princess.

He flicked his tongue on the scars inside his mouth and then looked back down at her. All the fear that was in her eyes had faded, and he could see the hurt he had now caused. He didn't expect her to act this calm about it though. He expected her to go nuts after finding out he was The Joker. He expected any response other than "You are tall".

Scarlett: I'm leaving.

She stated walking out of the room, only to get grabbed by the arm. He spun her around and raised his foot, kicking the door shut. She backed up until her body was against the door and looked at him. She was scared now. She wondered what she had done to tick him off. She still didn't know if he was going to kill her or not. For all she knew Jack was just a made up person that he created so he could mess with her mind.

They both held the glare, neither turning away nor blinking. She, was scared to death that she may be experiencing the last few minutes of her life. He, on the other hand was waiting for her to say something, anything other than the fact that he was tall. He wanted a reaction. He would go for anything right about now. He just wanted something, some type of emotion, but she gave him nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to say sorry if the update sucked. I had it playing out in my mind, but I'm not sure if it came out in writing as well as it did in my head. But anyways, might be the last update for a couple days.. I'll try to get one more out tonight but no promises.

Comments? Pretty please :D

I must say thank you to platypusgdfan for all the comments :)

Image