Status: Slowly Active

Sex Drive

Tops off Party! Part 1

“All done?” Oli asked me, as I nudged my respectable black sofa back to the wall to make space for the coffee table full of assorted alcoholic drinks, and nibbles. I didn’t want too much alcohol, but Oli warned me that nobody would come if there was hardly any alcohol.

“Yep, done. Who’s coming again?” I asked, scratching my head. While I’d been getting the house ready and the alcohol in, Oli had been busy inviting people. I’d now forgotten who was coming, the list had got so long. Everyone Oli had called, had said yes. I didn’t quite know how I felt about this, I was partly excited, but partly nervous. What if all these new people thought I was a total loser?

“Erm, My friend Josh, his best mate Max, with his girlfriend Juliet...ummm...Josh’s other best friend Eva, she’s a cute girl...umm...Craig’s coming...Matthew’s on his way...Hayley and Christina are coming, I knew them from high school...and there inviting people too,” I nodded at him, and sighed.

“Oli?” I asked, sitting down on the sofa. Oli stopped looking at his phone for the first time in about 2 hours. People were due to arrive any minute now, but I needed Oli to give me a prep talk. “Are you sure your friends will...you know...like me?” I bit my lip, not daring to look Oli in the eye.

“Sure they will, Sean. Don’t worry there easy going guys. Promise,”

----------------

10 minutes later, the house was a mess. The music was booming, Oli had made us a quick metal play list consisting of some classic metal party tunes, and it seemed that word had got out fast as I stumbled around the house, bottle of vodka in hand, trying to squeeze past people to the kitchen where I had some nachos in. I spied Oli chatting to a small orange haired girl, his elbow rested on the counter, his eyes flicking from her face to her lips, to her breasts. I knew what he was trying to do.

“Oli!” I called over ‘Paradise City’ blasting out from Oli’s iPod. He looked up, holding his hand up to the ginger girl as If to say Excuse me.

“S’up Smith!” He smiled, slapping me on the back. “May I introduce you to this lovely girl Hayley,” He nodded toward the ginger girl, and she flashed her pearly white teeth at me. I smiled back, she was like a pixie, small and cute. She had flashes of blonde in her spiky fringe, and pale, pure skin. But I decided I should lay off, Oli seemed interested in her.

“Hey Hayley, the name’s Sean,” I held out my hand. She smiled, shaking it vigorously.

“Nice to meet you,” She squeaked, still shaking my hand. I noticed her American accent. She reminded me of an orange version of Tinkerbell “So, you’re looking for a girl, huh?” I shot a look at Oli, why is he telling everyone?!. If looks could kill...

I turned back to Hayley, keeping my best smile on. I felt sociable tonight, and I was glad. I was ready to meet new people. I heard a crash next door in the living room, and a roar of laughter. I slapped my face, and Hayley giggled, as I sighed and motioned for Oli to go investigate, leaving Hayley and I alone.

“As it happens, I am looking for a girl.” I leant on the counter,

“Lonely?” She asked. I smiled.

“I suppose,” I lied. I didn’t wanna tell her my non-sexual epic. Hayley began jumping up and down, her red puffball skirt flying up and hitting my stomach.

“Well, great! I have just the girl for you!” She squealed, grabbing my wrist and pulling me through the hoards of people laying on my kitchen floor drunk. They must have arrived drunk, surely...

We bumped into Oli, who was carrying a load of glass in his hand, little drops of blood dripping from his hands. He rushed past, squeaking “Ow ow ow ow ow,” and we stopped to watch him chuck all the glass into the sink and nurse his hand.

“You alright mate?” I asked, as Oli winced, wrapping a towel around his hand. Hayley still had a tight grip on my wrist, I realised.

“Yeah yeah,” Oli said, taking a huge swig from his bottle of vodka. “That’ll ease it,” Oli smiled, leaving Hayley giggling. I remind myself that I have some vodka too, in the hand Hayley’s not clutching and take a swig, relishing the burn as it slides down my throat. It had been a while since I’d had vodka, it was my favourite tipple in the whole wide world. Even though it made me stupid drunk, I loved it. I was comfortable with drinking at home, because then I couldn’t do anything stupid stupid and make a fool of myself. But going out to clubs, I was out of my comfort zone. But Ian always made me go, told me to stop being a fucking spoil sport. I was happy to stay at home with friends, in this case trying to stop my house from being destroyed by a bunch of people I don’t know...

But generally, the people who weren’t quite drunk (yet) were sat on the sofa, laughing, socialising, giggling and just generally having fun. I had no idea Oli knew this kind of crowd, I always thought he was the club type of guy, as apposed to a house party type of guy.

You probably have no idea what I’m on about, well, let me explain.

There are 2 types of young adults in Cardiff. You’re either a:
1. Club junkie
Or a
2. House party-goer.

If your a club junkie, you tend to shag everything that moves and your second home is a sexual health clinic. Your first is a club somewhere in town. Weather it be a strip club or a nightclub. Or both. You’re always in, or lying outside one of them

If your a House party-goer, you’re a lot more relaxed. You’re usually in a steady relationship with someone or other, weather it be boy or girl, and you host a house party every week, or go to one. Sometimes twice a week, and it lasts all night, always. And the photo's always go on myspace the next day, promptly. Yep, House party goers are complete myspace whores. Your house is never clean, and your constantly finding broken glass everywhere...

I never really classed myself as either of those, I leaned toward club junkie, but only ‘cos Ian was my best friend, who is a HUGE club junkie. But I always wanted to hold a house party, but I never knew who to invite or anything. I never had Oli down as a House party lad.

Hayley stopped to talk to a short, brown haired boy, who I gathered was called Josh.

“Joshie, this is Seanie,” She beamed, her grip on my wrist tightening. Josh smiled at me, flicking his long-ish brown hair back and shaking my hand. Hayley leaned up to give Josh a kiss, which shocked me. I took all this wrist grabbing as flirting!

“S’up, you’re Oli’s mate right?” He asked.

“Yeah, that’s me,” I smiled. He seemed genuine.

“Great party you got going,” Josh said. “Fancy a game of truth or dare with us?” He asked, pointing to the group who were crowded around in the living room around the table of alcohol. My heart skipped a beat. Should I? I was never good at truth or dare.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope that's alright :) my writing's been getting pretty suckish lately