Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

Good Morning

Amy's P.O.V.

Now I find my self in my new room in my aunt's house, I mean my new home.

"Good Morning Sunshine," I heard my aunt Viki tell me while she opened my window curtains, letting the bright light shine onto my face.

After she left the room I got up and took a shower. When I got out, I went to look at my self in the mirror. Looking into it I saw a girl with long black wavy hair and black eyes.

I heard my aunt scream from down stars telling me to hurry up, so I put on some make up and got dressed. I threw on a plaid skirt with fishnets and a black t-shirt.

When I got down stairs, there was no one there. I look out the front door and saw my cousin Alex sitting in the car waiting for me. My cousin Alex had black straight hair that goes down 'till his shoulders. He’s also tall and skinny. I'm short and a little chubby, but I never let that bring me down. I got into the car and we drove of to my so called new school. Since I'm in the 10th grade and Alex's in the 12th, we get to go to the same school.

Being the first day of school we went to homeroom first. I sat by myself at the back of the class. I sat there in silence until this girl with short wavy blond hair came and sat next to me. She extended her arm out to me and said “Hi, I'm Ali,” with a big grin on her face. Just as I was about to introduce myself she interrupted me and said “So your new to the school huh?”

“Yeah, my name’s Amy," I was already starting to like her.

After homeroom I walked to my next class and then to the next one, then the next one and so on. I was happy it was finally lunch, but then I realized I had nowhere to kick it at, since I don't really know a lot of people. I was still thinking about were to go when I heard a voice from behind me say “So were you headed to?"

I recognized who it was. It was Ali and again before I could answer she said “Want to kick it with me and my friends? Well not that I have many…” Her voice trailed of.

I nodded and as soon as I finished nodding she pulled me by the hand. I didn't know where we were going, but I thought it must be better than kicking it by myself. I laughed inside my head.

While she pulled me I saw she was headed towards a tree a couple of feet away from where we were. A skinny short kid was leaning against the tree. He was short, like an inch taller than me. I was umm, 5'2, I think.

Me and Ali sat down next to the tree. The guy that was leaning against the tree sat next to me. For some reason I got happy and a smile started to spread on my face. Ali started eating her food and out of no were she said “Amy this is Mickey, Mickey this is Amy.”

Me and Mickey said “Hi,” at the same time, so I giggled a little. We were quiet until I noticed Mickey was staring at me, I felt kind of shy so I kept looking down at my feet until I decided to look at him and ask him “What?”

“Your new here aren't you?” he said it more like a statement than a question. I responded “Yeah,” and smiled at him. For another weird reason I couldn't keep from staring into his eyes. They were black and really shiny.

“Since when did you start talking in public?” I heard Ali ask Mickey.

“I just wanted to know if she was new… Can't a guy ask a simple question?"

Ali replied “Yeah, but not when the guy is you.” She started laughing to herself. I guess Mickey got mad 'cause when he saw Ali laughing he got up and sat on the other side of the tree by himself.

I was a little confused until Ali explained to me that Mickey was an emo and that it was rear to hear him talk to people and especially someone he just met. She also explained how he might be emo, but he doesn’t cut himself.

When the bell rang to go to our next class, Ali asked me if I wanted to come over to her house. I thought about it for a while, asking my self if I should go. I mean if I go we might get to be good friends, right.

I was about to answer her when she said “You don't have to go if you don't want to, I mean I was thinking we could go to Mickey’s house and…”

Before she could finish I said “Sure I'd love to go, but I have to tell my cousin where I'm going to be at, or else I’ll get in trouble."

"Ok... who's your cousin? I might know him.”

“His name's Alex Jones," as soon as I said his name she stared at me with another of her wide grins that went from ear to ear.