Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

The bruises

Alex's P.O.V.

I stood there looking at Mickey he was short and shy. How is a guy like this supposed to make Amy happy?

"Going to stare at me all day?" He asked looking down at the floor.

I ignored his question. "Mickey do you like Amy?...... as in more than a friend?"

"If I say yes will you hurt me?" he asked.

"Um, no....... why would I do that?" I said a little confused at his question.

"I don't know...... people usually do that." he said still looking away.

"Oh.... well no I'm not going to hurt you," I said. I had always seen Mickey around the neighborhood with Ali, but I never knew that people did that to him.

"In that case, yeah I do like Amy," he said looking up and giving me a slight smile.

"I didn't know people hurt you," I said, forgetting the reason why I wanted to talk to him.

When I said that his smile faded away, "Yeah well at first it was my dad. He made it look like I hurt myself."

I looked at me "Then people labeled me as emo. Then the other people started hurting me, I guess they thought that if they beat me up they would somehow make me stop hurting myself."

"Oh.”

"After my dad died, Nick took care that the bruises wouldn't go away, that's why he deserves to pay for the things he's done."

Wow all this was overwhelming. I guess he has gone through a lot of shit like Amy.

"Mickey?" someone called from the bedroom door.