Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

I like you

Amy's P.O.V.

I couldn't stop thinking about what was Alex going to tell Mickey. Was he going to tell him to stay away from me? Was he going to threaten him? God no he wouldn't do that, would he?

I looked over at Ali, she was sitting on her bed with her eyes closed, but I couldn't tell if she was asleep or awake. I got up from the floor and walked over to the door. The door was slightly open so I took a peek. All I could see was Alex standing there.

I knew I wasn't supposed to be listening to what they were talking about, but I heard every single word the said to each other I had tears ruining down my face. I pushed the door open.

"Mickey," I called out. Alex looked at me. Mickey looked at the floor and didn't respond.

"I... I think you guys need to talk," Alex said in a low voice as he walked past me and went into the room Closing the door behind him.

"Mickey," I said again hoping that he would answer.

"Yeah?" he said looking up towards me. I walked over to him; he had his hands in his pockets. I placed my hands on his shoulder and looked at him in the eyes. I could tell that they were watery and ready to burst out with tears.

I leaned forward and placed his head on my shoulder. "Mickey....... why didn't you tell me?" I whispered in his ear. He didn't say anything, but I could sense that he was crying now. I wrapped my arms around him and patted his back. I was planning on telling him about the stuff that had happened between me and my parents, but I think he had enough for today. I wiped away my tears. He whispered something to me but I couldn't understand him.

I lifted my head and so did he. We were still hugging each other. I looked into his eyes and asked him "What was that?"

It was quiet for about a minute "I said I had never been able to tell that to anyone before, except for Ali," he tried to put on a smile, but I could tell he was sill hurt. Why would anyone hurt their own brother for no reason.

We walked back into Ali's room. Alex had cuddled up with Ali on the bed. they were both asleep. Mickey grabbed a couple of pillows and set them on the ground. We both layed down on our side and faced each other. I didn't know what to say. I guess I was speechless. He looked at me straight in the eyes and didn't say anything.

I cracked. "I'm sorry," I said softly.

"For what?" He asked innocently.

"For listening to your conversation," I said.

"It's ok, I think that's the only way you would of found out," he said with a smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I wouldn't have the guts to tell that to someone as beautiful as you," he said blushing. It was quiet for a couple of moments, but it wasn't an awkward silence, it was more like a thinking silence.

"Amy," Mickey finally spoke.

"Yeah," I said. I felt him get closer to me. Now our faces were a couple of inches apart from each other.

"Want to know a secret?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"Ok," I said nodding at the same time

"I like you," He said softly giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I like you too..." My voice trailed off. We both fell asleep holding each others hands.

Alex's P.O.V.

When I came into the room Ali was on the bed sleeping. I sat next to her and slowly moved a couple of strands of hair that lay on her face. She made a funny face I guess she was having a nightmare. I hugged her. She looked so peaceful.

I closed my eyes but I couldn't fall asleep, so I just lay their with my eyes shut. I felt someone enter the room, but I didn’t bother to see who it was 'cause a couple of minutes went by and I heard Amy's and Mickey’s voices. I heard their conversation. After they became quiet I thought to my self " Should I let them go out or make their lives miserable?" I laughed inside my head. Pretty soon I fell asleep thinking "How could I make them miserable not in a brake up kind of way, but in the way Amy makes my life miserable when I get close to Ali."