Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

Sleep over

Amy’s P.O.V.

After we left my house, me and Ali walked down the alley that lead to her house. It was really dark outside and the only light that illuminated the way was coming from a street light that kept flickering.

We walked for about another five minutes ‘till we reached Ali’s house. We went directly into her room to leave our stuff and then into her kitchen to make coffee.

As we waited for the coffee to be ready, we sat on the kitchen table. We were quiet. I wonder why. I looked over at Ali, who was sitting across the able from me.

“So how’ve you been?” I asked her trying to start a conversation. I waited, but there was no response. I guess she was lost deep in thought. I waved my hand in front of her, to catch her attention. “Ali? Anybody in there?” I asked again.

“What?” She said shaking her head back to reality.

“What were you thinking about?” I asked her.

“Oh, I was thinking about our lives,” She answered. I looked at her with a confused face. “I mean how you helped Mickey and how Alex helped me.” “Oh,” was all I could reply. We got up, made our coffees and went up stairs.

Ali laid on her bed and I sat on the floor with my back towards the bed. I couldn’t stop thinking about what she had said.

“Ali, What did you mean when you said, I helped Mickey and Alex helped you with your lives?” I asked not looking at her.

“Well before you came along me and Mickey didn’t have any friends.” Ali said. She got up and sat next to me on the floor.

“Well before I came to live here with my aunt I had lost every thing I ever had,” I said in a low voice and looking down at my hands.

“Like what?” She asked. I started to cry. I hated it when I got sentimental, because I always started to fucken cry, ever since the stupid hospital accident.

I couldn’t keep it inside anymore. I told her about me taking drugs, about me selling them and about how my parents thought I was weirdo, because of the way I dressed. Then I got to the hardest part. I told her about what my parents had done to me.

After I had finished telling her, she just looked at me with her mouth wide open. “Wow dude, not even my mom would have done that to me,” she said giving me a hug, “I guess maybe that’s why Alex doesn’t want you to hook up with Mickey.”

“Yeah, but he’s to late,” I simply said.

“What do you mean? Are you two going out?” Ali questioned. I got up and sarcastically said “Maybe.”

“Oh my god, you two are going out,” Ali shouted getting up off the floor. “Amy and Mickey are boyfriend and girlfriend,” Ali started to tease and run around her room. I started to chase her. “Ali shut up.”

Out of nowhere she stopped running and suddenly came to a halt, ’causing me to crash with her, sending both of us to the ground. “That hurt,” I heard her say, placing a hand on her head.

“No shit,” I said standing up. “Why did you stop like that?” I asked helping her get up.

“Amy how did you end up pregnant?” She asked, rubbing her head. I sat on the edge of her bed. I shamefully replied, “Because my stupid ex boyfriend took advantage of me when I was drugged.”

“What did he do when you told him?”

“Nothing, …because I never told him,” I said.

“Was he anything like Mickey?” Ali asked eager to hear more.

“God no, he was the exact opposite of Mickey,” I said with a disgusted face.

Ali kept asking me questions for about another hour, ‘till we couldn’t keep our eyes open, but Ali did manage to tell me to protect my self if I ever planed on doing something with Mickey. All this talking and getting things out in the open helped a lot. Alex and Ali would make a good couple, but first Alex needs to get over his great depression.