Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

Cuts

It didn’t take long to reach his house. As we walked in I hesitated to the thought of hi brother being home and giving me his attitude again.

I think Kris knew what I was thinking, because he told me “Anthony wont be home for a couple of day, so you don’t have to worry about him.”

I just smiled at him. “Oh, um make your self at home, I’m going to go check something really quick, ok?”

“Ok,” I said and watched as he made his way down the hall and disappear into a room.

I walked around the house to find it small, but cozy. The walls were white with nothing hanging from them. At Kris’s old house there were pictures of his parent’s and him.

I hadn’t realized it, but both, me and Kris didn’t have any parents. The only difference was that his loved him and died in an accident. Mine were…well you already know.

I kept walking around his house but stopped at the sight a black door. All the other were doors were a bright blue color, but not this one.

I wanted to see what was on the other side, but at the same time it felt wrong. I though for a couple of seconds and decided to go inside anyways.

The room had two windows with the curtains still closed. I looked around; there was a bed that hadn’t been done, a computer, a night stand and a desk with a bunch of papers spread everywhere.

I walked over to the desk. There were a bunch of drawn pictures of various things. I was guessing this was Kris’s room. Kris love to draw and he was actually good at it.

I kept looking through the pictures one by one. I ended up pilling them into a neat stack. At the very bottom under the transparent plastic that lays on top of the desk, was a very familiar picture.

It was a picture that Kris had draw of my. He gave it to me when I started to go out with him. He told me that ever since he saw me for the very first time he couldn’t get me out of his head and decided to draw me.

I stared at the picture for a couple of more minutes until I realized that if this was Kris’s room, then where did he go to?

I walked of his room and closed the door slowly. I made my way towards the other room where he had gone into and lightly knocked. “Kris. Are you in there?” I asked in a whisper… Wait, why am I whispering?

“Kris are you in there?” I asked in an indoor voice, but there was no answer. I slowly turned the door knob and opened the door. It was a bathroom.

Kris stood there smiling with his hands tucked in his pockets. “What were you doing in here?” I asked.

His smile faded away, “Why?” I guess he wasn’t expecting that question.

“Kris…” I said shaking my head and lowering my gaze and slowly sitting on the floor.

“Amy,” he said sitting next to me and wrapping his arms around me, “I’m going to be ok.”

“No your not,” I said trying to pull away from him, but he didn’t let go, “What if… what if…” I couldn’t even think about what could possibly happen to him.

We sat there in silence for a couple of minutes.

I finally looked at him straight in the face. He knew I wanted to know why he did it. He just kept looking away from me. “So your not going to tell me?” I asked him.

He didn’t reply and pulled his hand more into his sweaters sleeve.

As much as I hated the fact that he cuts himself I wanted to see them so I took his hand in mine and pulled his sleeve up. He didn’t pull his hand away like he had done many times before and freely let me see the cuts.