Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

Mom

“Mom?” I asked stupidly, “How… how did you get this number?”

“Amy, hun, that doesn’t matter-”

“Yes it does, ‘cause don’t want you calling me. I hate you,” I shouted hysterically into the phone.

“No you don’t.”

“Yes I do,” I closed my phone and shoved it back into my pocket. Does she expect me to talk to like if nothing ever happened. She killed my baby.

Still thinking about her I made my way back to my house. As I got closer and closer, my heart started to beat faster and faster.

When I walked in I heard shouting from the living room. I leaned against the wall to hear who it was and what they were saying.

“Alex, did you tell her anything?” That sounded like Mickey.

“No! I didn’t,” there was a silence, “I don’t remember.” That was Alex.

They must be talking about yesterday, when Alex was drunk. Wait Alex didn’t tell me anything that I didn’t know…Now that I think about it, he did tell me “Amy you don’t get it do you?”
“You’re a fucken idiot.” Wow, did Mickey just call Alex and idiot? What is up with Mickey man, he changed a lot.

There were footsteps, “No, you’re the fucken idiot,” I heard something/ someone being pushed against the other side of the wall, “You’re the one that went and screwed another girl even though you were still ‘in love with Amy.” He said the last part of the sentence sarcastically. “And the worst part is you get her pregnant.” I heard him chuckle.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. This cant be true.

“What’s so funny about that?” Mickey asked Alex confused.

“Dude, do you even know why she came to live with me and my mom?”

“Who?” Mickey asked again. I couldn’t take it any more. I walked into see Alex pinning Mickey against the wall.

“Amy, when did you get here?” Alex asked letting go of Mickey.

I didn‘t say anything and just stared at both of them. “ I can explain.” Mickey said walking over to me.

He was sanding right in front of me, but I didn’t look at him. I couldn’t. “You lied to me.” I said in a whisper.

“No I didn’t,” he wrapped his hands around me, but I didn’t hug him back, “I really do love you.”

“No you don’t.” I said pulling away from him. I turned to look at him, “How could you do that to a girl?”

He looked away from me, “I …I was confused.” He said so quietly I could barely hear him.

“It’s because of guys like you,” I said pocking him, “that girls like me and her get blamed for fucking up with there lives.”

Mickey grabbed my hand, “You?”

“Yes. Me.” I pulled away from his grip. “You have no idea about what I went threw when I lived with my parent and I’m not going to let it happen again.”

Mickey looked over Alex was standing and them back at me. “What did they do to you?”

I chuckled, “First, I get blamed for doing drugs.” I started to pace around the room. “Then I get blamed for selling them.”

I looked over to Mickey “What does that have to do with this?”

I ignored his question. “Finally…,” I paused, “My fucken boyfriend rapes me and get me pregnant.” Mickey’s eyes grew wide.

“I didn’t know.”

“And you know what the worst part was?… My parents hated me for that that, that they on beat me ‘till I lost my baby.” only a single tear was running down the side of my face.

I sighed and wiped the tear away. “What’s her name?”

“Whom?”

“Your…,” it sounded so weird saying it, “Your baby’s mother.”

“You don’t know her.”

“So what, maybe I do.”

He sighed, “Amber.”

The sound of her name brought tears to my eyes. I tried to hold them back, but I couldn’t. Mickey walked over to me. “Amy I tried telling you, but I couldn’t. I didn’t want to hurt you-”

“Mickey…save it. I don’t want to hear you.” I said placing my had softly over his lips.

I looked over at Alex. “You. You knew and didn’t tell me?”

Alex was surprised, “I uh, yeah, but I tried to warn you.”

“You did?” I asked monotone.

“Why do you think I wanted you to go away and live with Kris? You looked happy with him.”

“I am.”

“You are?” Mickey asked taking away the hand I had placed over his lips.

“Yes, yes I am……Mickey, I don‘t… I don’t love you.” I hurt me to tell him that. ‘cause deep down inside I was always going to love him, no matter what.

“No,” he said shaking his head. “Please don’t say that. I love you.” He tried to hug me, but I didn’t let him. “No Mickey, don’t make things more complicated… It’s over.

I watched as he fell to the ground crying. I couldn’t look at him. I walked out of the room and up the stairs into my room.