Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

Grave yard

Before I headed to school today I asked Alex to take me to the cemetery. “I want to see Kris’s grave.” I told him.

He didn’t hesitate “Sure, but hurry, or else I’m going to be late for work.”

The cemetery where Kris was buried at wasn’t that far from home. It was actually the same one where my uncle (Alex’s dad) was buried at too.

As we walked in Alex pointed over to the left of the cemetery signaling to where Kris was. He on the other headed to the right. I knew he was going to go visit his dad.

It’s sad to see how both his parents loved him and somehow they left him. So yeah he’s 20, but who doesn’t love their parents… oh yeah… me.

All the grave stones were lined in straight line. Alex had been pointing at the third one, so one by one I read the names on them, ‘till I came up to a red grave.

Weird. I thought to myself, but oddly enough it was Kris’s grave. I kneeled down in front of it and read the inscription on it “I lived Happy.”

I chuckled. Even if he was dead, he made people know how he felt.

I removed some stray leaves from the trees and placed two black roses tie together with red lace. Each one stands for the two year that I sent with him.

I sat on the ground an sat there in silence.

About fifteen minutes of silence I felt my phone vibrate. I reached Into my pocket and looked at it.

My heat skied a beat. It was Mickey.

When I answered he said hi shyly. He asked me where I was and I told him at the cemetery.

“Can I still pick you up later oh?”

“Yeah sure.” I tried to sound casual, but I think I kind of squealed when I answered.

When I hanged up someone taped my shoulder. Which scared the living shit out of me. I jumped up and turned round to see Alex. “Shit man!… you scared me.”

He snickered, “My bad… Coma on,” He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, like a big brother does to little sister, “Lets go.”

In less than five minutes we were t my school. “Thank Alex.”

As I walked way he called be back, “Yeah.”

“You need a ride afte-”

“Oh no thanks Alex, I already have one.” I smile thankfully.

“Alright, Bye.”

“Bye!” I waved at him.