Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

Engagement

Ali was really kind enough to wait for me in the morning. And like I was guessing she was with Miguel.

Slowly and painfully I went through the day. Sure I had said I like all most of my classes, but having to talk to them after school was a drag man. They kept me about a whole god dam hour hoping that I would catch up.

I didn’t want to stay, but my counselor said that if I didn’t bring up my grades she was going to put me on probation, so I stayed… for a whole hour.

When I got to the front of the school, I had been expecting to see Mickey gone home, tired of waiting for me, but he didn’t he was still here.

I walked over to him, leaning against his car. “Hey,” he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a bear hug, “I was starting to miss you.”

“I was starting to miss you too.” He looked at me, and I could tell he was wondering if he could kiss me.

I on the other hand answered his question by giving him a quick kiss. He smiled and we got in the car.

On our way home, he told me he had seen Amber and that she had told him I was going to take a while.

When he dropped me off, he said he had to go help his mom move some stuff, ’cause she had bough ten a new house. He kissed me goodbye and told me that he would see me in the morning.

At dinner I got to thinking, that I had never met Mickey mom. She sounds like a nice lady, but that brings me back to what Mickey had told Alex a couple of years ago.

If Mickey’s mom allowed his dad and Nick to hurt him, why des he still love her so much?…I think I’m jumping into a complicated conclusion. I’m going to ask him tomorrow.

After I had taken a shower and gotten ready for bed, Ali knocked on my door. “Mickey’s calling you.”

She handed me my cell phone and closed the door behind her.

I talked to Mickey for a while, “You want to meet my mom tomorrow?” He told me his mom has been dying to meet me.

“Yeah I’d love too.”

It was starting to get late so we said our goodbyes.

I got up and went downstairs to put my cell hone to charge again. At the bottom of the stairs I heard voices coming from the living room. I tiptoed to the counter and placed my phone down.

I peaked from the living room entrance to see Ali cuddled up on the couch with Alex. They looked so cute together.

“Do you think they’ll ever tell each other how much they want each other?” Ali asked Alex. I wondered who they were talking about.

“I don’t know, I mean Amy still loves Mickey, and Mickey still love Amy,… I just think they’re to heartbroken.” They were talking about us…

“Alex, I owe Amy my life. If I wouldn’t have met her I would have never had the courage to talk to you.”

“Haha, I guess if she would have never talked to you I would have never gone over to your house that day, and I wouldn’t be engaged to you right now,” He kissed her.

Shit! They’re engaged. Alex, my twenty one year old cousin is engaged to my nineteen year old best friend. That not right…. Is it, I mean their to young… No they’re not, If they love each other they deserve to be together right?

Why am I freaking out? I should be happy for them. I am.

I took a deep breath and walked right into the living room.

“Hey, Amy, we thought you were asleep.”

I ignored Alex. “You two are getting married?”

They quickly got up and looked at each other. “Well yeah,” Alex took Ali’s hand, “We were going to tell you…” He looked at me.

My face showed no expression, “Are you mad?” he asked getting worried.

I smiled, “No… I’m happy, it’s just that…” I looked over at Ali.

“Yeah I know, I’m to young… but I love Alex a lot, Amy and I-”

I brought her into a hug. “Yeah, yeah, I know, wont to spend the rest of your life with him.”

She giggled, “Yeah, how’d you know.”

I also hugged Alex, “Who doesn’t want to spend the rest of their lives with the person they love,” I looked at both of them, “Congratulations you guys.”

We took a seat. Alex went up to bed, while Ali told me how everything went. He had asked her today before they came back home. The whole time she had a huge smile on her face.

I congratulated her once again before officially going to bed.