Having Fun Can Ruin A Friendship

I didn't know that.

Amy's P.O.V.

I sat in the same chair that I sat in yesterday hoping that Ali would sit next to me. I couldn't bear to see her face, so I put my face in my hands with my eyes closed not wanting to know what was going to happen next. Was Ali going to be mad at me? Wait why would she be mad at me, I wasn't the one that was trying to rape Nick, he was the one that wanted to rape me.

I felt my eyes watery again. I was about to cry again, when I felt a hand on my back. I looked up and saw Mickey sitting next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Umm, Ali and I always have the same classes, so I transferred into this one," he said in a questioning voice.

"Oh....... where's Ali?"

"She wasn't feeling well today so she didn't come," he said looking down at his shoes, letting his hair cover part of his face. Then he looked at me. He was about to say something when one of the girls sitting in front of us said, " Wow how did you do that?"

"What?" I asked.

"You made him talk." She said and then started laughing. She laughed so loud the whole class stared at me and Mickey.

Mickey got up and walked out of the class the teacher didn't seem to care so I got up and tried to fallow him. When I got out of the class I looked around to see where he was. I saw him running up the stairs. I started running after him. I yelled" Mickey!" but he didn't stop; he kept going up the stairs leading to the third floor.

I yelled "Mickey!" again, but he still didn't stop. When I got up to the third floor (the last floor of the building) I saw him go inside this red door. I ran faster to catch the door before it closed. I knew it wasn't a class room, 'cause the classroom doors were color green.

When I looked inside the door there were more stairs going up witch lead to a dark room. I stood by the door thinking, should I go up or just leave. Just when I was about to leave I saw a light coming from the top.

I got scared, but I thought, I’ve been through more scary shit than this, so I started to walk up the stairs. When I reached the top of the I saw a bunch of school materials. I guess it was the school attic or something.

I looked over to the right of the room from were the light was coming from. The light was coming from a lit candle that was on the floor right in front of Mickey. I sat on the floor next to him. His legs were up to his chest. All he did was, stare at the candle. We were quiet for a while.

He was still staring at the candle when I asked him, “Did Ali not come to school, because-"

"It isn't your fault," he said taking his gaze of the candle and looking down at his hands.

"Do you know why Ali says she likes my brother a lot?" he asked.

"Not really," I said.

"You know she doesn’t really like him. I mean she used too. Last year my brother asked her out thinking that I liked her more than just a friend,…" he started sobbing.

I didn't want him to cry, 'cause it made me feel sad inside too. I put me arm around his shoulder and hugged him. He put his arms around my waist and held me tight. I guess it made him feel better 'cause he stopped sobbing and continued with his story.

"One day Nick got her really drunk . He told her he loved her and she believed him. She ended up giving him her virginity. The next day he dumped her. Ali says she doesn’t regret giving her virginity to him 'cause she loves him, but I think that’s a load of bullshit. Yesterday when she saw what Nick wanted to do to you she broke out in tears. The whole night she kept telling me that she did regret what she did a year ago and other stuff."

"Oh," was all I could say to everything I had just heard.

"Ali's not mad at you, she just feels stupid and confused inside right now." We were quiet for a while, but I had to ask him so badly.

"Um, Mickey, would you hate me if Alex got in a fight with your brother?"

He tried to put on a smile "I would be mad if he didn't. Someone needs to teach him a lesson."
I giggled a little. "Mickey you didn't have nothing-" I was interrupted.

"I swear I didn't have nothing to do with it. After I had told Ali she could stay over for the night I went down stairs and saw what my brother was trying to do to you. I don't know how but I pulled him off of you and threw him out of the house," he said as he stopped hugging me.

"Oh, I didn't mean to say that you did have something to do with it. It’s just that Alex is being over protective and ... Well he wants me to stay away from you." I said in a quivery tone. I didn't even notice when I started to cry, "But I don't want to stay away from you, I mean you’re really nice and I don’t think you’re nothing like your brother."

He looked at me and didn't say anything. He wiped the tears away from my face and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. He also put his arm around me letting me rest my head in his chest. We just sat their in silence.