Somebody Get Me Through This Nighmare

Chapter 2

*End Flashback, Aiden's POV*
Yes, that fateful night when the vampires (gasp!!) got a hold of me, sucked my blood and turned me into one. I could remember every detail in vivid memory as I were still living it. That was 100 years ago. 100 years of living out of the sunlight, without love, without anything but this house and darkness. I sighed and walked into the kitchen to get some water, I knew that wouldn't satisfy my thirst, but I tried anyway.That didn't do anything except for cure my dry throat. It was daylight, and I was supposed to be in bed. I took two sleeping pills and slept like a rock until midnight. When I awoke, I was of course, starving for a little breakfast, so I combed my hair, and slipped on a black coat and my green converse. Yeah, I know weird footwear for a vampire right?? I was flipping through a magazine once and I liked them so I ordered them. Oh, and by the way, I killed the mail man that delivered them to me. Just Kidding. They were totally comfortable. Oh right, back to the subect of breakfast. When I opened my door and stepped out, the cool night air hit my pale face and gave me a burst of energy. I walked stealthily(sp?) to town. I walked the streets until I found a good place...and a good victim. She was a tall, blond girl standing in front of a fancy boutique, chatting on her cell phone. "Eh my gawd Becky, no way! No!! That's totally, like, crazy!" She squealed into her pint Motorola RAZR. She raised her pink manicured nails to her mouth and gasped. I walked closer to her where she looked up and said, "ugghhh, Becky, I have to go, see you tomorrow!! Byeas!" She snapped the phone shut and raised her eyebrows at me. "What do you want?" I usually didn't chat, but I decided to give her a chance for her last words." well, isn't it a little late for you to be out on the town?" I asked her, grinning "Er no, I was just leaving...." I went up to her and put my hand over her mouth, dragged her behind the buliding, and snapped her neck before she could scream or do anything. I put her on the ground and fed. It was really sick business being a vampire, but hey, it wasn't my fault. Once I was done I wiped my mouth with the napkin i usually bring with me, then walked through the forest behind town back to my house where I stuck her in the fireplace and burned her. It's the most effective way to make sure your food doesn't turn back into a vampire itself when you're done with it. When she was all ashes, I went to my bathroom to wash my hands. I changed my clothes and went back out. I walked and walked until I found a neat alleyway behind a new bookstore. I walked in the alley, where I knelt down and started thinking. I already had a lot of time to think about stuff, but not enough to think about. Tonight was a little different. I remembered, It was 100 years today that I was turned vampire. Lets see... 365 days in a year, for 100 years. He did the math in his head. that was 36,500 victims. 36, 500 people, who were "missing", "presumed dead." What about their families? What did they think? Years of investigating, nothing was ever found except for splatters of blood. 36, 500 people he had murdered. Not even the most famous of cold blooded murderers had done what I had done. I didn't feel good about it. He could easily kill himself by going in the sunlight, or not feeding for too long, but what whould people think when they found out that somebody had spontaneously combusted? Or just withered away at the age of nineteen. (That's the age I was captured,and I still looked it too.) Would they finally realize that vampires did exist, or would they come up with some silly scientific explanation? What would they do? What could they do?