Hide and Seek

Untying Knots

It was the middle of the night and I was wide awake.
Of course I was, I knew I shouldn't have watched that stupid movie with Jake, Leah and Seth. Even if it was a week ago. So, to keep me from having nightmares I've stayed up all night long, every night since then, talking with either Jake or Leah on the phone. Seth 'accidently' broke his.
I like to alternate the calls between them so that they can get a bit of rest. I mean, I wouldn't want them to wake up cranky, right? Who knows what an angry werewolf can do...

Tonight was Leah's night. I dialed her number into my mobile phone and listened to about eight rings, followed by her messege bank. I didn't leave a messege. What was i suppose to say. "Oh hey Leah. Sorry I called, but I was scared...". Ha, she would never let me live up to it. "Obviously sick of me..." I mumbled to myslef, even though I knew that my parents would be able to hear.

I decided to try Jake. Again, I dialed his number. This time I only needed to listen to one ring before he answered. "Hey Ness, what's up?" He said, sounding almost as awake as I was. "Uhmm..." I didn't want to sound like a kid. "Scared again?" He assumed. "Well, yeah. You know what? I am never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever going to watch another one of Seth's stupid poo-your-pants, movies!" I said, breaking my promise to myself that I wasn't going to sound like a kid. "How about we go out?" Jake wondered, amused. "Uh, sure. When?" I asked. "How about now."

HA, now? He must be joking. My heart skipped a beat. Or two. I rang him up because I was, well scared. And now he is practically begging to take me out in the middle of the night! 1:02am to be exact... But now!?
"Oh come on, it wont be that bad..." He pleaded. "Well, what if someone with a gun comes out and threatens to kill us?" I asked, trying with everything I had in me for him to change his mind. He laughed. "Yeah Ness, because vampires and werewolves aren't scary enough! Look, we both know that we could totally finish him off. Your just being stupid."

He was right. I was being stupid. I mean I live with blood sucking creatures, I myself am half of one. And my best friends are werewolves. I shouldn't have even been scared of that stupid poo-your-pants movie. But I was. I like to think of myself as the most 'normal' out of my family and all. I use that alot to get out of certain things. Like this situation for instance. But i had a funny feeling that me being the most 'normal' was not going to get me out of this one.

"Renesmee, hold on. I'll be over as soon as possible. And if you still in your pyjamas, I suggest you get changed. Fast".
I went to reply but he had hung up. I didn't even say that I was going to go out with him now, so what made him think that once he got here I would change my mind? Probably because he knew that at the moment I was just too tired to argue.
"Might aswell get dressed." I told myself, totally forgetting that I had relatives liiving with me that could hear every single thing I said.

I hopped out of bed and stood up, knocking my lamp down with me. I grabbed the clothes that I had worn the day before from the foot of my bed. I began to untie the knot of my pink ribbon from my pyjama pants, which Alice had threaded through as it was the only that held my pants up. I stopped halfway through the knot. Jacob was already climbing through my window. "How'd you get up here? You don't fly?" I asked amazed. "Or do I?" He chuckled.
"Ness, it's called a ladder." "Right" I replied, acting as though I already knew that.

He picked me up and flung me over his shoulder. Showing off his 'super strength'.
He made his way out of my bedroom window and down the ladder with ease. I hadn't been able to change into clothes, and my pyjama pants had made its way half way down my legs. The rest of my knot had untied itself. As soon as we touched the the wet grass and soil I noticed something that made my stomach climb up to my throat. Jake's motorbike. If you had asked me to ride on that thing before two years ago, I would have, with a smile on face. But, you see, things have changed since then.

Jake must have noticed my facial expression.
And with that he ran towards the bike, me still in his arms. He jumped on and made sure that I was secure behind him. Once he was sure I was, he started the engine. I could hear faintly, my parents asking each other what was going on. I heard footsteps walking towards my room. By that time it was too late to say, "I'm going out with Jake".
We were riding into the night and all I could see was a blur of dark green.
And all I could feel was my stomach churning.
That's when the sence of excitment finally got the better of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay,
so this is the first 'real' chapter of "Hide & Seek".
I think it might be too long. But tell me what you think.
I hope you like it so far.
xx. :D