The Window of Opportunity

Chapter 4

The next day,
January 30th

Amy was sitting on the floor under her locker when a cheer-leader started walking up to her. As she came closer to Amy she took a water bottle of a guy standing at his locker.
She unscrewed the top and walked up to Amy.
“You do anything to me and I will kill you”, Amy threatend.
“I heard you have tickets to a Green Day concert”, she said.
“Well you heard right”, Amy said getting to her feet.
“I want in”, the cheer-leader said.
“Like hell”, Amy said pulling a black jacket on over her white tank top.
“Hey Ginger. Can I have my water back”, the guy said.
“Fuck off Mark”, Ginger said angrily, “how did you get the tickets?”
“None of you're business”, Amy said turning and opening her locker.
“Ginger I want my water”, Mark said tapping her shoulder.
“You want it!” She shouted turning to him, “have it!” She said then throwing it in his face.
“Listen here, Amy. My dad has been trying to get me them for weeks, I want to know”, Ginger said pulling Amy around to face her.
“Go to hell”, Amy snarled.
“Tell me or I'm gonna kill you”, Ginger said pointing her french manicured finger at her.
Amy just laughed and said, “Is that a promise?”

At lunch Amy was sitting with Cookie talking when her cell rang. It was Mya.
“Hello”, she answered.
“Amy it's me”, Mya answered sounding a little excited.
“Oh hi”, Amy answerwed.
“Guess what?”
“Oh my god what”, Amy said after pausing a second.
“I reserved one of the last tickets”, Mya said excited for her and Amy.
Amy looked over to Cookie and screamed.
“What?” Cookie said a little scared.
“I'm gonna see Green Day, I'm gonna see Green Day. We're gonna see Green Day”, she sang over and over.

When she got home the first thing she was going to do was hug Mya. She could not wait to see her idols. She loved Billie Joe and loved every song of Green Days.

The school bus pulled up at the stop and Amy was the first to get off. She ran to the house and opened the front door.
“Mya!” She shouted.
She threw her bag on the couch, like she always did, when Mya came down the stairs. Amy ran and hugged her, nearly knocking her off her feet. Mya lifted Amy of the ground and swung around.
“Are you serious?” Amy said so shocked.
“We are going to see Green Day live in a few weeks”, Mya said knowing how much Amy loved Green Day.

Forward two months,
March 30th---->

“Are you girls ready?” Cookies mom shouted up the stairs.
Amy was at cookies house getting ready for THE GREEN DAY SHOW!!!!!
“Almost mom!” Cookie shouted out of her room.
Amy pulled her converse on then got off Cookies bed.
“Are you ready?” She asked.
“To see the greatest band on the planet? Hell yeah”, Cookie laughed.
They ran as fast as they could down the stairs and through to the living room.
Mya and Cookies mom, Anya, were grabbing their things. They had become good friends to in the longest two months ever, before the concert.
“You guys ready?” Mya asked pulling her bag over her shoulder.
Amy and Cookie just nodded excitedly and ran out to the car.

After a long struggle to get into the show, Mya, Amy and Cookie were in! They got to their seats and watched as Green Day came out onto the stage. Amy and Cookie were screaming so loudly, they seemed to have forgotten Mya was there too. She seemed excited as well though. Billie Joe was there looking out at the crowd. He was wearing his Black shirt and pants, his red tie and his belt, of course. He had a smile on his face as he skimmed over the crowd. He reached down at his guitar and started playing American Idiot.

Over the screaming crowd Billie sang, “Don't wanna be an American Idiot, don't want a nation under the new media. Can you hear the sound of hysteria, the subliminal mind fuck America”.

The show was amazing! The crowd was going nuts and Billie and Green Day seemed to be really having a good time. Amy was definatly havin the time of her life! Amy and Cookie stayed as long as they could but half way through they desperately needed to go to the bathroom.

“I think they're over here”, Mya said holding on to the girls as they tried to make their way down the crowded hall way. The show was being held in a football stadium so there were mostly men's bathrooms. All the women were going into the men's. They walked all the way down the hall when they came to a bunch of security men arguing with about seven people.