The Window of Opportunity

Chapter 5

One of the men, the only bald one, was wearing black clothes with a jacket saying “security” in yellow writing on the back. He pulled his attention away from the people he was arguing with and said to Mya, “back of the line ma'am”.
Amy looked up at Mya, “I need to go to the bathroom, Mya”, she said.
Mya looked around and sighed.
“Excuse me. Aren't there any other bathrooms?” She shouted over the people in the hall.
“Ma'am I'm sorry, why don't you ask someone if you can cut in front?” He suggested holding a teenage boy back from running behind him.
“What's down there? There's gotta be more bathrooms than this”, Mya said getting impatient.
“There's nothing down there. That's what I keep trying to tell this idiot”, he said pointing for the boy to keep it moving the other way.

“Excuse me sir”, another woman said coming from behind them, “I think my daughters having an allergic reaction”, she said.
“Well did you bring her medication?” He said looking from the other three security guys shouting to the people trying to get past.
“No! I told you my bag got stolen!” She shouted.
Amy not really taking in what was going around her, was more focused on the pressure on her bladder. “Come here”, she said taking Cookie's hand.
Mya ran over with the security man to help the girl while Amy got down on the floor with Cookie and crawled past the other security guards. Cookie looked up whilst passing the guards and saw one man punch a security guy. It got the others attention and started a fight.

Amy got to her feet and pulled Cookie up. People saw the fight starting up and tried to help, but it just made a wall between Mya, Amy and Cookie. Mya saw it happening and the girls standing behind the riot. People pushed in front of her and she lost sight of them.
“Amy!” She shouted, “Amy don't move!”

Amy didn't know what to do. She was just standing there watching this with Cookie. Just then more of the security team came from behind them, they ran and tried to get every one to not come through. They didn't even care that Amy and Cookie were behind every thing.
“Come on”, Amy said.
“What?” Cookie said a little scared.
“This is our chance, don't be chicken!” Amy shouted over the noise.
“We should stay here”, Cookie tried.
“No! Do you know what? If you don't wanna come then fine. But I'm going to the bathroom!” Amy said then pulling away from Cookie.
“Fine!” Cookie shouted to her. Amy ran off not caring about any thing.

Amy ran down the hall, and another, and another. Until she got fed up with not finding a bathroom. “God, where is the bathroom in this place?” She shouted to the ceiling.
“Hey, what are you doing in here?” A man said coming out of a door around the corner after hearing her voice. “I...uh...” she stutered, “I...got lost”, she finally said. It was half true and half not.
“Oh are you one of the contest winners?” He asked.
“Uh...um...yeah”, she lied.
“What's your name?” He asked going back into the room he came out of. Amy followed not sure what the hell she was doing.

The man came back out with a note book. He was wearing a security jacket too. He looked up from the note book to her.
“Oh...uh...Amy”, she said hoping another girls name would be Amy too. The man looked down and searched the page. He shook his head then turned the page over.
“Ah...Amy...Amy Johnson?” He asked.
“Um...yep that's me”, Amy smiled.
“What were you looking for?”
“Uh... the bathroom”
“It was next to the room you were in”, the guy said a little confused.
“Well...uh...I didn't feel comfortable in that one”, Amy said not sure why she said that, “but I'm desperate now so I'll have to make do. Maybe you could point me in the right direction?”
The guy looked at her and said, “I'm going down there now, I'll take you”.

“Now, when your done, make sure you stay in this room. We don't wanna loose you, your parents will kill me”, he laughed then walked down the hall. Amy looked up at the door she was standing next to, it had a ladies sign on it. “Freedom!!!!” She thought.

After she was done she walked out of the cubicle and to the sink. She washed her hands then adjusted her make up. “I don't wanna go back to that stupid riot thing” She thought, “especially now. I'm gonna miss the last of Green Days set”. It really made her sad to think that.

She knew that Cookie and Mya would be fine if she didn't go back straight away, a little worried but fine. “Maybe I'll check out that room that guy was talking about”, she said slyly.
She walked out of the bathroom and went to the room next to the bathroom.
She didn't know if she should knock or not. She decided to have a little peek first. She opened the door and looked through the crack. It was red. That's what she could tell, she heard people talking and laughing. She was startled by the door opening when she was standing there.
“Whoa, damn you scared me”, a girl said. She was wearing a Green Day T-shirt and red baseball cap. Under the hat Amy saw she had short blond hair.
“Like wise”, she smiled, “um...what is this place...room, I mean?”
The girl looked over her shoulder and said, “uh...where the contest winners stay. We watch the show on a big screen TV, then wait for Green Day to come”. Amys heart skipped a beat.
“Green Day...are coming here?” She asked her jaw nearly hitting the floor.
“Yeah-huh”, the girl confirmed.

That was all Amy needed to hear, she couldn't miss out on this. As soon as she saw a window of opportunity open in her face she cancelled all her other thoughts out. She was gonna do this no matter what!