The Window of Opportunity

Chapter 6

“Uh I'm Sky”, the girl said holding her hand out.
“Oh...uh...Amy...Johnson”.

Amy was welcomed back into the room with Sky. Everybody was very friendly, and excited.
The room was red with snack tables and drinks, a huge flat screen TV with the Green Day show she had been missing, live. One of the other girls, Tia had confessed to not being one of the contest winners. “What?” Sky said with a smile.
“My friend won it but I stole the backstage laminant thingie”, she said obviously feeling a little guilty.
The girls and guys just laughed amongst themselves as Amy thought, “if they are ok with this then I should say too. Then maybe they'll stick up for me”.
“The worst thing is though”, Tia continued, “she thinks she lost it and she was heart broken. I feel awful”.

Amy looked at every ones faces they didn't even seem to care.
“Not enough for you not to come though huh?” Amy joked.
“Hey this is Green Day we're talking about. I can live with myself”, Tia joked back.
Every one started to laugh when Amy thought, “tell them now”.
She took a deep breath in and said, “whilst were all being honest here...I didn't win this competition either”. Every body looked toward her.

Sky was smiling, she couldn't believe people were getting away with this.
Amy didn't say anything else she just smiled.
“Well, more details would be nice”, a guy sitting across from Amy said.
His name was Cole and he had brown hair.
Amy noticed that all the people that were in this room, looked like teenagers.
“Um... well I came with my foster mom and friend. We went to the bathroom and then a huge riot started because of the long lines. Um... the security guys had their minds on other things so...I snuck past”, Amy explained not being able to hold a smile back.
“Oh. My. God. Are you serious, you don't have a pass or any thing?” Sky asked.
Amy just shook her head.
“Oh...I ran into another security guy down there and he just assumed that I was a Contest winner. I told him my name was Amy...which it is...and he thought I was some girl called Amy Johnson”, she explained. “Hey that's me”, said a girl at the end of the couch Amy was sitting on.
“Sorry”, Amy said.
“Hey you guys it's not bad. If they ask say you both won the competition and there was a mix up or something. They'll have to let you both stay. Just say you got dropped off like the rest of us”, Sky said with every body agreeing.
“What you're not gonna tell them I didn't win?” Amy asked making sure.
“Hey we're all punks here. Since when have we played by the rules. Friends stick together”, Tia said. “Hell yeah, any Green Day fan is a friend of mine”, Cole said throwing his arms up.
“Except if their psycho murderers”, Amy jumped in. Every one just started laughing.
“Wait, if were all friends then call me AJ instead of Amy”, the real Amy Johnson said, “it would be too confusing if we were both called Amy”.

After every one got talking and passed out E-mail addresses they were informed that Green Day were on their way up. The room went quiet, Amy, AJ, Sky, Tia, Cole, Ben and Shawn were all very nervous.
“You guys calm down. Start talking again. We don”t wanna look like idiots with nothing to say in front of, Bill-ie Joe, Mi-ke and Tr-e”, Amy said making their names absolutely clear.
“Yeah she's right you guys. Um...Amy tell us about your life until Green Day get here”, Tia said getting up and sitting next to her. AJ got up and sat over by Ben and Shawn on the opposite couch.
Cole was sitting at the tip of both couches on a chair.
“Um..ok, well I lived with my mom, Rachel, until I was eleven. She died then. So I went into a foster home, then another foster home after foster home. I now live with my permanent foster parents Mya and David”, Amy explained getting a little shivery thinking about her mom.
“Oh I'm sorry. How did your mom die?” Tia asked.
“I don't know, she was stabbed. They didn't really tell me much at the time because I was eleven. I understood everything that was going on though”, Amy said thinking back.

Tia and Sky were nodding in agreement.
“Oh, cool fact I was born in London, England”, Amy said hoping to lighten the mood.
“Hey you're like one of the closest to Billie Joe right now”, Shawn said bringing them back to what Amy had said before, “his dad died when he was ten”.

Every bodies attention quickly turned to the door as they heard a knock.
“Hello”, a voice sang as the door opened. It was TRE!!!
Tre walked through with a beer in his hand, then followed by Mike then Billie Joe.
Who also had beers in their hands.

“Hey you guys”, Billie said sitting down next to Sky.
Tre walked over to the opposite couch and sat in between AJ and Ben.
Mike grabbed a chair and sat next to Cole, his chair backwards.

“So what did you guys think of the show?” Billie asked putting his beer down on the table in the middle of every one.
“It was awesome”, Amy was the first to say.
Tia quickly grabbed her hand. She was really nervous. Amy could tell.
“Glad you thought so”, Billie said pulling his tie from around his neck.
“So what you guys been doing whilst in here?” Mike asked.
“Just talking”, Sky answered, “and watching the show of course”.
“Of course, we're awesome”, Tre said taking a mouthful of beer.
Everyone just laughed, including Billie.
“Ok, lets try and guess the names shall we guys?” Mike asked pulling a piece of paper from his back pocket, “ok, who looks like a...Shawn to you, Billie”, he asked.
“Um...I...” Billie stutered then pointing to Cole.
He shook his head and Mike looked at Tre.
“Oh..my turn, must be one of you guys...uh...you”, Tre said looking at Shawn.
“Yep I'm Shawn”, he said.
“Ha in your face Billie”, Tre said calmly.

“Ok, Sky Jackson”, Mike said looking to Billie.
“Oh, uh this lady, right here”, Billie said pointing to Amy.
“Nope”, Amy smiled.
“That one”, Tre pointed, to Tia. She shook her head.
“Ok, this is taking too long. Sky show yourself”, Mike commanded.
Sky raised her hand. “Ok, Amy Johnson?” Mike said.
Amy looked to AJ. No one answered.
“Don't be shy, we're just little old Green Day”, Billie said.
Amy and AJ put their hands up at the same time.
“Whoa, two of 'em”, Tre cried.
“There was a mix up”, Sky said trying to save her newly found friends.
“What mix up?” Billie asked.
“Uh, well we both won and we both have the same name”, Amy tried.
“With the same address and everything, nu-uh”, Tre said shaking his head.
“I think we have a stow away boys”, Mike said.