The Window of Opportunity

Chapter 7

The Green Day trio went across the room to talk privately.
“Amy, I don't wanna get in trouble for this. I won the contest fair and square”, AJ said running and sitting in Tia's seat. She went over and sat where Tre was previously.
“Also, we're lying to Green Day right now. They'll never trust us”, Sky said.
“Well you guys change you colours after you see Green Day”, Amy said upset that the best time of her life could be cut short.
“Their not gonna kick you out or anything. Come on”, AJ said.
Amy looked over at the trio talking. Billie was looking at her. “Ohmigod”, she said quickly, “Billie's looking over here he is gonna know I lied”, Amy panicked.
“Hey calm down. Do you need a paper bag or something?” Sky said grabbing a bottle of water of the table. Amy tried to take deep breaths.
“Here”, Sky said handing her the water.
“Whos is this? It's unhygienic”, she said just holding the bottle.
“It's mine and it's not like I have a disease or anything”, Sky argued.
“Is Billie still looking”, Amy said looking at the ground.
AJ and Sky both looked. He was looking at the ground when they turned to see, but then he looked straight up at them.

“Yeah”, Sky said. “Ohmigod. Will you come to the bathroom with me?” Amy asked.
Sky and AJ looked at each other then said, “yeah”.
They got up and were just going to leave when Mike called over, “hey where are you three going!?!”
“Bathroom, we'll be back now”, Sky said as they continued out the door.

Billie walked over to the guys and Tia.
“You guys? Which one isn't supposed to be here?” He asked straight out, “their not going to be in trouble”, he said standing next to the couch.
“Yet”, Tre joked. Billie and Mike looked at him.
“Wrong time, right”, he said crossing his arms.
“We just need to know”, Billie said sounding very serious and concerned.
“They didn't mean any trouble, it's not like their assassins or anything”, Ben said sticking up for them like Amy hoped they would.
“We know that, their what fourteen”, Mike said.
“Just tell us you guys”, Billie said as if they were his friends.
The contest winners looked at each other.
“It's Amy”, Cole said.
Billie looked at Mike, then Tre.
“We know, but which one?” Tre said shaking his head.
“The one with black hair”, Tia said. AJ had brown.

In the bathroom Amy was having a panic attack.
“God, this is the best day of my life and I can't believe it could end right now. And Green Day would be the people to stop it”, she cried leaning over the sink.
“You don't know that, they seem like nice guys”, AJ said putting her hand on Amys back.
“What? We haven't been sitting with them two minutes. You can't possibly know that”, Amy said standing up straight.
“Hey, If we are Green Days number one fans here, then we should be able to tell. We won the competition
right?” Sky said pointing that out to Amy.
“That was what the competition was about?” Amy asked wiping a tear off her face.
“Yeah”, Sky answered.
“I would have won if I'd known there was a competition”, Amy joked.
They girls just laughed. There was a knock on the door and a voice said, “girls, we need to talk”.
It was Billie.
“Oh my god”, Amy whispered.
“Chill, it's fine”, AJ whispered back.
“AJ, I promise that if they say the one who didn't win has to leave. Then I'll come clean you're right. You won fair and square”, Amy said.
AJ just smiled as if to say, “thanks”.

AJ reached for the door handle and turned it slowly. Amy took a deep breath then saw Billie appear in the door way.
“Ok, we know who's not supposed to be here and we're going to have to sort it”, he said seriously.
“So Amy, AJ follow me”, Billie said then stepping back.

Sky made her way back to the room where the rest of the guys and Mike and Tre were, while Amy and AJ were being lead by Billie some where. When they came to a room that had “dressing rooms” written on it, Billie turned around and said, “ok, you guys, I brought you here so you could tell me everything and not have to worry about the other guys over there. So totally honest here and I will tell you a secret”, he said opening the door.

When they walked in they saw it had two big mirrors next to each other, with chairs by the tables and clothes every where.

“Ok, sit”, Billie commanded pointing to a couch in the corner of the small room.
He grabbed a chair and sat in front of them.
“So spill”, he smiled.
“I'm really sorry Billie. I just saw an opportunity and couldn't pass it up. And no one minded so I thought it would be cool”, Amy said feeling good to finally stop lying to BILLIE JOE!
“Yeah but did you know it is against the law?” Billie asked.
“No. I swear, please I don't want to get arrested”, Amy pleaded.
“Just explain from the top. What exactly happened”, Billie said leaning back in his chair.
“Ok, long story short, I came with my foster mom and friend. We went to the bathrooms, there were huge lines, a guy punched a security guard and started a riot. I thought the place they were cutting people off from might have a bathroom so I snuck past with my friend”, Amy said with Billie and AJ listening to every word that she was rambling, “um...Cookie, my friend chickend out and said she didn't want to leave. I needed the bathroom bad so I left her there when I ran into another security guy. He thought I was one of the contest winners and I told him my name was Amy and he Guest Amy Johnson. So I just went along with it, 'cause you know, I needed the bathroom. He told me to go in the room next to it after I was done. I did...'cause I'm naturally curious”, she smiled, “and found these guys they didn't seem to care, so I thought I'd see if you guys were really coming down, and I was right”.

Billie couldn't help but smile.
“Right”, he said.
“Please I won't tell any one if you let me stay”, Amy said sneakily.
Billie just laughed and said, “that's not the problem. Ok, this is...well it was supposed to be a surprise but”, he said looking at the floor and sighing, “before I tell you guys, what about your parents, didn't you think they would realize you were gone?” He asked.
“Um...Well Mya, my foster mom knows how I am. She's probably waiting outside for me”, Amy figured. “Right but...” Billie said kind of being lost for words.

AJ was just staying silent, she could tell Amy was good for talking her way out of things.
“Ok, I'm just gonna say it”, Billie said sitting forward again, “there's more to this than just meeting us, Green Day. We had sorted everything with your parents so we could keep it a surprise. We have invited you guys to stay on tour with us for a while”, Billie said seeing the girls faced light up, “but, before you get excited, this has kind of messed things up so...we'll have to sort things out with you first”, he said looking at Amy, “don't tell the other guys until we know it's for sure, ok?”

The girls looked at each other and nodded.
“I want you guys to come with me to where all the security are and wait until we find your mom, foster mom, and explain that you're fine. And you can, like, ask her if you can come. Ok? We'd love to have you with us”, Billie smiled.

Amy couldn't believe he had just said that, We'd love to have you with us. Ahh!
“Ok”, Amy just said not being able to say any more.
“Come on then”, Billie said getting off his seat.