The Window of Opportunity

Chapter 8

At the office, the same guy that made the mistake of thinking Amy was Amy Johnson was there. She put her head down so he wouldn't see her.
“Ok you guys stay here I”ll be right back”, Billie said then walking over to the security team.
AJ sat on a chair at the table and Amy sat on the table.
“Amy, does your mom let you do things like go off with a bunch of strangers?” AJ asked.
Amy just smiled and said, “nope. And she's not my mom”.
AJ just nodded.
“Your mom?” Amy asked her back.
“No, god did she really say yes, I could go on tour with Green Day”, AJ laughed, “hey have you got your cell with you?”
Amy looked down at her legs, “yeah”.
Then put her hand in her pocket.
“Let's exchange numbers. I'm like totally your friend”, AJ said getting her cell out too.
“Really?” Amy asked.
“Hell yeah, you're so cool. And I'm sharing the experience of a life time with you”, AJ said flipping her cell open.
“Yeah, and we got some alone time with Billie Joe”, Amy laughed.
“Shut up”, AJ laughed back.

When Billie came back, he sat next to AJ and said, “Mya has just been on the phone, Hysterical. You have no idea how worried she's been about you”, Billie said, understanding as he is a father of two himself. “Really?” Amy asked really feeling bad.
Billie just nodded and said, “she's being brought up by security”.
Amy just looked at the floor, “did you mention the tour thing?”
Billie shook his head, “I didn't want her more upset by thinking you didn't want to be with her. If you know what I mean. How old are you guys anyway?” Amy pulled out her wallet and showed Billie her drivers licence. She had been dying to show someone.
“Sixteen. Just got my drivers licence”, she smiled.
“Nice picture”, Billie smiled.
“I'm sixteen too”, AJ said.
“Why do only kids come to our shows? And there's always more girls”, Billie said leaning on his hand. “You're influencing the future and you can't help if girls think you're hot”, Amy laughed.
AJ put her hand over her mouth. She couldn't believe Amy was saying stuff like that to Billie Joe without any hesitation. Billie just laughed.
“Oh sorry, I have a habit of doing stupid stuff like that”, she said seeing Billie and AJs reactions, “you know, doing things with out thinking and saying things with out thinking”, she laughed.
“It's fine really, I'm flattered”, Billie laughed back.

Just then the security came in with Mya.
“Amy”, she said running up to her.
Amy jumped off the table and hugged Mya.
“Oh my god, don't do that to me! Where did you go?” Mya said squeezing her tight.
“I'm sorry”, Amy said squeezing her back.
As they pulled away from each other Mya said, “are you ok? I told you to stay there”, she said pulling her into another hug.
“I'm so sorry Mya”, Amy said then whispering, “Billie Joe is right over there”.
Mya looked up and saw him smiling at them.
“Oh. So he is”, she said as Amy turned to him.
“Billie this Mya”, she said.
“Hey”, Billie said leaning forward, “I'm sorry for the inconvenience”.
Mya shook her head, “she doesn't listen”, she laughed.
“I made new friends and everything. It's kinda like what Billie said about the American Idiot album. It's a blessing in disguise”. Mya just smiled.
There was an awkward silence for a second until Amy thought she should ask now.
“Mya? I need to ask you something”, she said.
“What?”
“Um...well”, she stuttered looking over to AJ, “theres this thing that Billie brought up”.
“Yeah”, Mya said putting her hands in her pockets.
“Well...um...the competition winners get to go on tour with Green Day for a while...and he said that I could...um...go”, Amy smiled.
“On tour?” Mya asked a little shocked.
“It's all been organized, and it's in connection with MTV. Their going to have cameras film everything and put it as a diary on MTV. We have already sorted it with the other kids parents”, Billie explained, “then Amy came and now we want her to come too”.
Amy smiled again and looked at Mya.
She was a little confused but said, “um...yeah if you really want to go”.
Amy looked quickly over too Billie and AJ, she jumped up and shouted, “yes”.
The room went quiet, everybody looked at her.
She couldn't care less and looked around at them.
“I'm going on tour with Green Day what do you expect!?!” She shouted to them.
Mya, AJ and even Billie started to laugh.
“Is that a yes?” Billie asked.
“Oh hell yeah”, Amy said but then apologizing after Mya told her, “don”t swear”.

***

Sometime later---->

Green Day lead the contest winners out to the parking lot. Security everywhere Amy looked. She was a little nervous but stayed close to Sky, AJ and Tia. The boys stayed together and the girls stayed together. Billie had told everyone that security would sort out clothes and everything for them when the got to the hotel. Green Day got in a silver Landrover and the girls and guys went in different cars. Tia sat in the front passengers seat and the other girls sat in the back.

“Oh my god. I can not believe this is happening”, Sky said excitedly.
“I know, on tour with Green Day, it doesn't seem real”, Amy replied looking out the window.
“Oh, look”, she said waving out the window.
Green Days car was over taking theirs. Only Mike noticed and waved them back out the window.
The girls just started laughing.
“So any of you guys got friends that are gonna be totally jealous when they see you on TV with Green Day?” AJ asked.
“Well I know I have. My friends like worship them”, Sky said zipping her jacket up.
“Oh, I know that cookie is so gonna regret she didn't come with me when that riot started”, Amy said then laughing evilly. The girls just laughed back.
“What do you guys think is gonna happen when we get to the hotel?” Tia asked leaning from the front seat. Amy just shrugged.
“We'll go to sleep”, AJ said plainly.
“I'm not gonna be able to sleep”, Sky said looking at her then Amy, “what?” She shrugged.
Amy just laughed and said, “I don't think anyone will tonight”.

When they got to the hotel, the security guys were checking them in. They seemed to do everything. Amy was keeping her eyes on Billie. He was messing around with his cell, Tre was leaning over his shoulder. Billie was showing him something that Tre thought was hysterical. Amy just couldn't help smiling
“This is so exciting”, AJ said running over to her.
“Whoa, calm down”, Amy said holding her hands out.
“I can't believe this”, she said grabbing Amys hand.
“Just don't leave me, ok. I'm really scared”, she said looking around.
“Don't be scared”, Amy comforted.
“Girls, pick partners. You have to split up for the rooms”, Mike shouted over.
“What why can't we be together?” AJ asked real scared now.
“Hey we're together right?” Amy said reminding her.
“Ok right, yeah. Hey do you guys mind being together?” She shouted over to Sky and Tia.
They looked at each other then shouted over, “no”, in unison.
“Sorted!” Tre shouted back.

They were taken up to their rooms and Amy & AJ, Sky & Tia & the boys went their separate ways. Amy and AJ walked through the door and AJ ran and jumped on the bed.
“This one's mine”, she said.
“Ok, fine”, Amy said taking her jacket off.
“Wow look at the view from here”, Amy said walking to the window.
You could see every thing. It was really dark out and you could see lights in the distance.
“Wow”, AJ said walking up behind her.