The Window of Opportunity

Chapter 9

As the night got on AJ had suggested they watch a movie.
“We can't Green Day would have to pay. They would think were cheeky”, Amy said sitting on her bed with her legs crossed.
“Well what do they want us to do, huh? Think about it we came in here they knew it was too early for us to sleep”, AJ said sitting on her bed.
“Yeah I know but...”
“And it's not like they haven't got the money”, AJ said as there was a knock on the door.
They looked at each other a little scared. Who is that?

Amy opened the door an her heart skipped a beat. It was Billie Joe and Tia and Sky. Billie had two pizza boxes in his hands and Sky was carrying some soda.
“Uh...hey”, Amy said.
“Hey, Tre and...well Tre is with the guys. Mike's not feeling great”, Billie said as he and the girls came in. “What you wanna eat pizza with us?” Amy asked.
“Mmm pizza rocks”, Billie said placing the boxes on the bed.
Amy closed the door and walked over to Billie.
He looked at the TV and said, “what, you're not watching die hard?”
Amy just smiled, “um, die hard?” She asked.
“Yeah with Bruce Willis in it. It's on now. It started a minute ago. Thought it would be cool to watch it with you guys”, Billie smiled switching the TV on.

Billie and Amy sat on the floor whilst the other girls sat on the beds.
“Haven't you guys seen this before. It's like a classic”, Billie said wiping his mouth with a napkin.
“I've seen it”, Amy said taking a bite of pizza.
“Me too”, Sky said, then followed by AJ saying the same.
“I haven't. Is that a big deal?” Tia said.
Everyone looked at her. Including Billie.
“How could you have not seen this?” He said, looking very shocked.
“I just haven't”, Tia smiled.
Billie shook his head and Amy just laughed.
“Ok, anyway, let's like...play truth of dare...or something”, Sky said getting off the bed and sitting next to Billie on the floor.
“Truth or dare?” Billie asked.
“Yeah, what are you too old to play”, Amy joked.
“Hey, don't you guys go ganging up on me”, he said pointing at Amy.
“Whatever”, Amy smiled, “are you in or out Armstrong”.
Billie just laughed, “you guys aren't shy are you? Well especially you Amy”.
Amy just shrugged with a huge smile on her face.
“Nothing wrong with being straight forward”, she smiled.

Everyone had sat on the floor and were about to play truth or dare. Billie was getting a glass beer bottle from next door.
“Amy”, AJ said as Billie left the room.
“What?” She smiled.
“How are you so calm around him? You're just talking to him like you've known him for...well
forever”, she pointed out.
Amy had noticed AJ was the most shy around Billie. I think she was the shyest one in the group.
“Oh, just...he just doesn't want people to be like, “Ohmigod you're Billie Joe!” around him. I can tell, 'cause he must get it like that all the time. He doesn't seem to mind. He's human like the rest of us”, Amy said looking at the door. Billie was back.
“Ok, got the beer, but after all the pizza I ate...I feel kinda sick”, he said sitting on the floor next to Amy and Sky.
“I'll drink it. Give it here”, Amy said reaching for it.
“Uh I don't think so. You're sixteen remember”, Billie said pulling it away from her, “you know I have to admit. I didn't expect you girls to be like this. It's fun”, he smiled.
“Like what?” Sky asked.
“You know, so free of speech and...cool. Ok, what are we gonna do with the beer?” He asked holding it up to the light.
“Since were playing truth and dare, I dare Amy to drink the beer”, Sky smiled.
“You can't argue with a dare Billie. You heard the lady, give it here”, Amy said reaching for it.
“No you can't”, Billie argued.
“Billie, don't be a spoil sport”, Amy said still reaching for it.
“Amy, I'm trying to be responsible here”, Billie said hiding it from her.
Amy backed off and looked at him.
“Come on, a guy who is known for performing on stage naked, drinking and getting high, please”, Amy laughed. Billie just looked at her with a smile.
“Oh my god”, he laughed sitting up straight, “you're cheekier than I thought”.

Amy stopped smiling.
“Sorry. I have a habit of saying things with out thinking about it”.
Billie gave her a sympathetic smile.
“I was joking, you're totally right. You know but...your parents would kill me”, Billie said opening the beer. He looked her in the eyes and said, “time me”.
Amy just smiled again, she knew he had forgiven her.
“Next time, think before you open your mouth, stupid”, She thought to herself.
“Hold on”, AJ said grabbing her cell of the bed.
“I have a clock, timmer thing on here”, she said switching it on, “ok Billie...go”.

The was timer on and was Billie guzzling the beer down. The girls watching intently, Amy heard a ringing in the background. It sounded like a faint American Idiot. Before she had a chance to think what it was Billie had finished the beer.
“Whoa, 10 seconds”, AJ said.
“I know I'm champion”, Billie laughed then burping really loudly.
Everyone started laughing. Amy the most.
When Amy stopped she said, “wait you guys. Do you hear that?” She said getting to her feet, “I think it's my cell phone”.

She grabbed her phone off the bedside table and flipped it open.
“Who is it?” Billie asked.
“It's Cookie. Oh my god”, she said sitting back on the floor, “she's text me”.
Billie smiled, “how dare she”, he joked, then laughing and getting the hiccup in the middle.
“Oh no”, he laughed again.
Amy just laughed, “drink a glass of water the wrong way”, she said looking back down at the text.
It read:
R u still talkin 2 me?
Ur mom said ur on tour wiv Green Day!
OMFG!


“Oh god she is so jealous. I can even tell in her texts”, Amy said crossing her legs.
“Let me (hiccup) see (hiccup)”, Billie hiccuped.
Amy past him the phone.
“Oh you don't (hiccup) need her”, he said.
“She's my only friend”, Amy said.
“No. We're your friends now”, Sky said.
“Yeah, dump her. You don't need a goodie two shoes for a friend”, AJ came in.
“Yeah, (hiccup) we're you friends now (hiccup)”, Billie said typing something in on Amy's cell. “Thank...what are you writing?” She said grabbing Billies arm, “don't write anything, I don't know what I'm doing yet”, she said pulling Billies arm but he was pulling it back, and he was much stronger than her.

“Billie, no”, she laughed even though she was totally serious.
Billie got to his feet as Amy got to hers and then ran out the door. With her cell phone.