I Saw Her Standing There

Age

Age. It's a difficult thing to grasp isn't it?

How old someone is, can you just tell how old someone is by looking as they walk past you in the street. Can you tell by what they wear or how they dress?

Maybe the give away is the way they have their hair? Or how white their teeth are?

I think it's a difficult one to be honest. They say your hands and your neck give away your age, maybe that's true. But now as I look down at my boyfriends hand linked with mine, I don't think I could say how old he is just from his hands. My eyes gaze up to his neck letting go of his hand for a minute to trace my fingers along his neck, as he stares intently at the tv in some kind of trance.

Nope I couldn't say how old he is from his neck either.

Maybe it's just older people that works with.

Though so many people go through having botox, and use all this anti wrinkle cream to hide their age. Maybe people are right, looks are defiantly something; but not always do they give you the right age. I mean My boyfriend, not that young any more, still gets id'ed for buying alcohol. You have to look over 25 in some shops these days and then they stop Id-ing you, but he still gets it.

I don't put much hope in looks being the key to working out age.

What about maturity? That's meant to be linked with age, though the people I know who are older than me are not that mature to be honest. I don't think people would guess my boyfriend's age just by how mature he is, fuck they'd think he was still a kid sometimes; then again sometimes he was the mature one.

So maybe maturity doesn't help age.

There's always the older you are the wiser you are thing, though I reckon there's a few wise middle aged people out there, even a few wise 20 some things; maybe that doesn't work so well.

Maybe knowledge is the key to work out someone's age, not by how much they know, but how well you know them. The longer you know them, gain knowledge about them you'd be able to pin point their exact age. Maybe.

Though to be honest I don't go much on this age thing, what exactly does it show? Just how many years you've been here, how long you've managed to stay alive. However much people harp on about age, I don't think it matters that much.

Then again I'm young. What would I know?

I didn't look old for my age, or young for my age; I just looked my age basically. Nothing different. Sometimes getting mistaken for being a little bit older, but it was apparently always hard to tell how old kids were these days.

Not that I ladled myself as a kid, actually I was at that age where you can't label me as a kid, child or whatever, I'm more a teenager or young adult. Defiantly not yet an adult.

Sometimes I think I even understood what Britney Spears was whining on about in her song “I'm not a girl, but not yet a women,” ; presuming she wasn't trying to tell us she was a man. Looking at that song I think I understood what she meant, I wasn't still a little girl but I wasn't a women yet. I was at a crucial part of my life where I was moving on into adult hood.

It was meant to be a scary time, where you felt a bit lost, alone, happy, excited, curious, and a lot more things you were meant to feel. Basically it was meant to be an emotional time according to all these teachers, parents, older friends, and media folk that talked about it.

I was starting to agree with some of these, scary was defiantly one of them, but I was lucky.

In my life right now I had someone who'd been through all this, not exactly the same stuff but he'd been a teenager and made it through that part of his life just fine; I had my boyfriend to help me through this. I was very lucky.

Are there we are back to the age thing, as I said my boyfriend has been through all this, that's true. He went through this 9 years ago; yeah he's nine years older than me.

Don't say anything, I've heard it all and nothing can affect me. We've been together for nearly 3months and it's going really well. 3 Months might not be amazingly long time or anything special for most couples, but for us it's seems to be something quite impressive.

I'm 17, he's 26. That's a massive age gap. Everyone pointed it out to us, everyone made a snide comment or remark. But we got use to it, my parents didn't know, his parents knew. My friends were back down south didn't know, his friends had accepted me with open arms nearly all of them, there was one girl who I still think wants me dead. Though she's warmed up to me, even recognises I'm there now.

But yeah as you can see every things are a bit difficult. I'm still at college, hating it with a passion, but I know full I have to get through this year, there was no other choice in my eyes.

Padge on the other hand, yes his names Padge, well actually it's Michael but so is one of his best mates so to stop and confusion he's called Padge, simple really. Anyway back to the point, he's in a band, and there doing good; really good in fact. They've released their first album; The Posion. His life was awesome, he had everything he wanted but had to fucking work hard for it apparently; I wasn't there I'm the new part of his life. He's done his whole growing up shit, and is now happy being where he is, obviously it was never easy for him but he survived it; therefore I too shall survive growing up. I hope.

My eyes flicker down to DVD player displaying the time, shit. Sadly being 17 meant I couldn't stay out all night and just do what I wanted when I wanted, I had rules to follow.

“Padge,” I mumble running my fingers up and down his arm trying to get his attention. He grunted, tightening his grip around my body and pulling me closer to me. “Don't,” I whine knowing he knew full well I had to go.

“Stay,”

“And say what to my parents?” Padge sighed turning to gaze at me.

“That you're sleeping at you boyfriends house,” I pique my eyebrows slowly moving over to straddle his thighs. “Because he wants to spend time with you before he has to sleep alone in that stupid bunk and have an on going affair with his right hand,” I smirk leaning down and pressing my lips against his.

“This affair, won't last forever, it's such a hard life you lead,” He nods leaning back as my lips trail down his neck nipping at his skin.

“Leave a mark and you're in shit,” he groans as I bite down, his hands squeeze my hips making me giggle against his soft skin. “Rhi-” He doesn't finish as I suck on a certain spot on his neck leaving teeth marks as I bite down. “fucking hell,”

“Too late,” I whisper quietly moving away from his neck.

“Bitch,” He mutters as I lean down to leave an innocent kiss on the red skin. “You are gonna pay,” he growls at me making me squeal as he pushes me onto the sofa his lips instantly attacking my skin.

“Padge!” I scream trying to push him off as he kisses down my skin his finger tips tickling my stomach before moving up across my body resting under my bra. I let out a low moan as he finally bites down on my shoulder, knowing he was planning on leaving a mark. Bastard. His hair fell across my shoulder hiding his face as his teeth grazed the skin, I let my hands run across his own broad shoulders down his back. I was lost in the moment of ecstasy before I felt Padge's lips press gently against my skin and he moved away from me. My eyes gazed up as he was looking very proud with himself.

“Happy?” I mutter as he smirks nodding.

“I Bet you are,” I blush as he moves back down his lips pressing against mine.

“I really have to go,” I whisper against his lips.

“I don't want you to,” I sigh looking straight into his eyes.

“This weekend my parents are out of town, we can spend the whole weekend together?”

“Sounds good,” he smiles slowly climbing off of me and helping me up, I groan realising that moving my shoulder actually hurt. “Good luck with that tomorrow,” he smirks running her finger tips of my shoulder.

“Thanks,” I mutter bitterly glaring daggers at him, I couldn't help but smile as just laughed at me though.

“You are aware you suck at being angry?” He smirks as I grab my jacket, slipping it across my body wincing as I moved my arm.

“You actually hurt me,” I whine as Padge passes me my bag.

“Aww I'm sorry,” He mocks me “You don't think my neck hurts?” I shake my head.

“Your a big boy, suck it up,”

“I am indeed,” He winks as I role my eyes. “Love you,” He whispers catching my hand in his and pulling me into his body.

“Love you too!” I smile pressing my lips against his

“Rhian where have you been?”

“At Sarah's,” I say simply walking into the house and dumping my keys in the draw.

“On a Sunday night, Rhian's it 10pm you should be home a lot earlier,” I role my eyes, 10pm, that was nothing.

“Why? All my homework's done, everything is ready for tomorrow, and Sarah and I needed to catch up,” I say to my mum glaring at her.

“You'll see her tomorrow though!” She shouted at me.

“Couldn't wait,” I say simply trailing up the stairs and dumping my bag on my bed before collapsing on it myself; though I never get much peace, as my phone went off making me jump for it.

“Hello?”

“You got home okay then?” I smile as his welsh accent echoes down the phone.

“You care really then?” I giggle laying back on the bed.

“Of course I do, you okay?”

“Mhmm, just tired, and my mum questioned me as soon as I stepped in the house,”

“She worries about you, that's what parents are there for,”

“I know, I told her I was with Sarah, again!” Padge chuckled.

“As long as Sarah doesn't mind being cover you're fine , until you tell her,” I groan shaking my head.

“We are never telling her-” I stop as my door opens and my mum walks in as if it was a free house to just barge in whenever she pleased. “MUM!” I scream not believe how rude she was.

“Rhian get to bed, and get off that phone now!” She shouted back.

“Mum get out, this is my room you can't just come in and out as you please!”

“No young lady, this is my house, my name is on the deeds and therefore this is my room so I will! Now put that phone down and say goodnight! I won't have this any more!” With that she slammed the door shut and I collapsed back on to the bed, momentarily forgetting Padge was on the phone.

“Rhian?” His voice shouts down the phone making me snap out of my angry moment.

“Fuck,” I mumble picking the phone back up. “Sorry, about that,”

“It's fine, but she's right you should get some sleep,”

“It's like just gone 10 though,” I whine, he just laughs cutely making me smile to myself.

“Get some sleep, okay? I'll talk to you tomorrow,”

“Fine!” I pout still laughing. “Goodnight beau,”

“Goodnight babe,”
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story.....its a padge story....obviously!!! but i like this story muchly!!!
but I'd love to know what everyone else thinks??
though I miss Jimmy... =(
xxx