I Saw Her Standing There

Acting

“I hate him, I hate him more than anything else in this world,”

“I hear ya,” I muttered picking up more chips and dipping them in ketchup.

“What a cock, he's so inconsiderate! How could he? I mean fuck him!”

“Yep,”

“Fuck the lot of them! Men!”

“Yep,” I repeated rolling my eyes.

“God Padge is such a cock!”

“Yes,” I nodded in agreement gazing up at Sarah; why was she complaining more than me? I was the broken hearted girlfriend, well ex girlfriend, why wasn't I pissed off?

Because I loved him.

This was driving me mad. I couldn't really eat, or sleep, or be happy or do anything of any use to anyone. I was depressed, well that's a bit dramatic, but I was very very unhappy.

“We should dye his beard!”

“Good idea,”

“Or cut his hair!”

“No I kinda liked his hair,” I muttered earning a death glare from Sarah. “What?”

“We're hating Padge not liking Padge! Rhian you're doing this all wrong!”

“Sorry, how about-” I paused trying to think of something but I really couldn't. I didn't want to hurt him, however much this was hurting me I didn't want anyone else to feel this way. Obviously Padge wouldn't feel this bad but I reckon he'd be pretty gutted if someone cut his hair.

“We could shave his eyebrows! Or paint his car pink! Or put salt in his tea instead of sugar! Oh what about writing messages with weed killer on the garden lawn!”

“Sarah? What the hell?” I questioned in pure amazement.

“Just an idea,” She shrugged taking a bite out of the chocolate cake in front of her. “I liked it! Oh Sam, HUE!” She shouted across the cafe, I turned to see the pair walking in, finally some sanity.

“Hey girls, what ya up to?” Sam questioned sitting down next to Sarah as Hue placed himself by me.

“Planning revenge on Padge,” Sarah said excitedly, I just groaned and shock my head.

“You alright love?” Hue questioned rubbing his hand across my back.

“Yeah, just nothing,” I muttered quietly as Sarah started explaining elaborate ways to get back at Padge. Hue sighed wrapping his arm over my shoulder and pulling me closer to him.

“I'm sorry,” He mumbled. “I'm sorry for what he did to you, I never saw that one coming babe,”

“Me either,” Hue and I hadn't talked about this yet. Padge had always been a sore topic, and I wasn't sure Hue was willing to talk now.

“Fucking bastard, didn't have the guts, didn't deserve you sweetheart,”

“Thanks, doesn't make it any easier,” Hue just smiled at me.

“You'll be fine,” I shrugged leaning against him. I gazed up at Sarah who was talking animatedly about yet more plans to get back at Padge. “At least your get a laugh out of Sarah's ideas,”

“That's very true,”

“Hey what ya doing tonight?” He added I shrugged. “Sitting in bed being depressed again?”

“Yeah huh!” I chuckled.

“Right you're coming out to the rugby part tonight, come watch me practice then come to the party yeah?” He smiled squeezing my shoulder.

“Yeah I guess,”

“Yeah you're coming babe, you don't really get a choice!” He laughed ruffling my hair as he moved his arm back. “Right fucker what do you want to drink?” He asked Sam who gazed up with his cute smile.

“Tall Latte please dearest!” He winked at Hue who rolled his eyes and strutted off; such an egotistical fucker but still one of my best friends. “Oh no, everyone eyes down,”

“What?” I muttered looking at Sam in amusement.

“Eyes down, tango girls here,”

“Creative Sam,” Sarah laughed her gaze flicking towards the door, I couldn't see cause I had my back towards it, but I knew who they were talking about. Another girl in our year, every year has it's plastics or in our case it's oranges. “Is it possible that girl is more orange?”

“Wouldn't surprise me,” I muttered gazing up as she wondered towards the counter. We all smirked as she walked behind Hue and slapped his ass.

“Classy,”

“He loves it!” I giggled watching him turn round and instantly act all suave and hard. Of course he was neither, but he liked to believe he was; bless him. “Oh dear, here we go,” I mumbled as Sarah quickly turned back and starting up a convocation.

“Oh you're with this lot?” I heard the orange girl, Casey, question Hue.

“Yeah,” Hue nodded looking around. “There my friends,”

“Really? It's good to do this thing, give freaks a chance to have a little of the fame I guess!”

“Fame?” Sarah questioned me.

“Fame of being orange,” I answered.

“Fame of being tangoed!” Sam laughed. Casey glared at the three of us.

“So Hue what are you doing tonight?” She questioned running her fingers through her dried up blonde hair. Shamelessly flirting at someone who wasn't interested cause he'd already been there and done that.

“I'm going to a party,”

“Oh the rugby thing! Excellent!”

“Yeah I'm gonna cheer Rhian up!” He nudged me but Casey just glared at me; apparently I wasn't popular with her.

“Oh is this because your paedophile of a boyfriend broke up with you?” She questioned gazing at me.

“He's not a paedophile,” I snarled at her.

“Wasn't he like 30?”

“No,” I muttered rolling my eyes and sipping my drink.

“Why did you break up? Was it because he found someone younger? OR were you not good enough in bed? Or-”

“Oh shut up!” I finally snapped at her. “What are you jealous that I actually had someone who loved me? Or the fact I got a guy older than you could ever get? Or what Casey? Are you jealous Hue is spending time here instead of in your bed?” She glared at me; so apparently I hadn't made a friend here.

“Well if ya get bored sweetie come find me,” She winked at Hue, ignoring me and walking away with a smirk on her lips. I watched her leave the cafe with her take away drink and watched another drama walk in.

“Oh crap,”

“He wouldn't dare!” Sarah snapped.

“He's allowed to come into the cafe Sarah, it's neutral territory!” Sam chuckled, I watched as Padge looked around his eyes fell on Hue. Hue was the first to stop because he was still standing up. But Padge's eyes travel down towards Sarah, Sam and I.

He smiled weakly and that was his worst move. Sarah jumped off her chair and literally ran at Padge. Hue didn't even get a chance to grab her back, now that's saying something, Hue one of the fastest and sportiest person I know compared with Sarah the slowest and least active person ever.

I didn't think Sarah was a violent person, I had never imaged her jumping someone in broad day light; guess Padge was just that unlucky.

“Oh that's the crown jewels!” Sam started laughing watching Padge groan as Sarah kneed him.

“Oh fuck,” Hue laughed watching Sarah pull Padge's hair before screaming about him being a complete cock. I could have died.

Or at least I should have killed Sarah.

I knew she wanted to kill him but seriously in public.

“You better get me good and drunk tonight so I forget this!” I groaned to Hue as I closed my eyes and rested my head on Sam's shoulder. I ignored everything as Sarah sat back down cursing Padge.

“Sarah what the hell?” I muttered watching Padge limp out of the cafe; she shouldn't have done that.

“I hate him,” Sarah said simply glaring daggers at his retreating figure. “He hurt you ducky,” She gazed up at me with a small smile. “He hurt my best fucking friend, I trusted that man and he broke that trust, he deserves a bit of public humiliation,” I just nodded as Sam's arm wrapped around my shoulder and hugged me tightly. He was soon joined by Sarah, while Hue did the manly thing and sat opposite watching the public display of affection.

“Guys?” I muttered quietly.

“Yeah huh?”

“I miss him,”

Why can't things be simple?

His arms tightened around my waist, his finger tips grazing down my skin, I was barely concious though. I leant back in his grip, expecting to feel his stupid untamed goatee brush against my shoulders or smell the strong sent of smoke mixed with cologne and weed; but I got none of that.

I moved away, the restraint around me lousing, climbing off what I thought was a bed. The worst part as I stepped out of the bed, realising I was missing some valuable items of clothing, I noticed we weren't alone in this room.

I grabbed a shirt off the floor and searched for my jeans. My hips hurt as I pulled the tight denim over my legs and let them rest on my bruised hips. I gazed down at my body, I looked like a punch bag or a vampires play toy.

I gazed over at the bed I'd been sleeping on, a single guy lay there. The guy had medium length flicky brown hair, sharp chiselled features and was kind of skinny but broad at the same time. He wasn't bad looking at all, but that wasn't the point, I'd just gone against all my morals.

“Morning,” My eyes flashed open as he spoke. “You just gonna stare at me?”

“Maybe,” I muttered noticing my bag was next to him. I walked around picking it up, the guy moved slightly flashing the whole world as he moved the coats that had been covering us; charming.

“Well umm good,” Oh it was awkward. I nodded running my fingers through my messy hair.

“I should go,” He nodded this time rubbing the back of his neck, oh it was so awkward it was painful, I just wanted to run.

“Yeah me too,” He stood up and gazed down, I noticed the red tinge his cheeks took as I gazed the opposite way. “Sorry,”

“It's Fine,” I muttered just as his phone went off.

“Fuck my girlfriend,” And that was pretty much when I walked away. Have you ever felt like the worst person in the world, and then had something that made it ten times worse.

Last night I'd gone to some party with Hue. One of the many parties which was meant to cheer me up and get me thinking about anything but Padge and how depressed I was. Sarah had forced many girl nights in watching Big Bang Theory marathons or comedy nights at the local bar which were slightly entertaining at times. Sam and I had gone shopping far to many times and engaged in a lot of coffee and bitching sessions in Costa when Sarah was working. And finally Hue had dragged me to every party everyone of his sports teams ever had in an aim to get me drunk, laid and happy. At first it hadn't worked and I'd left early because they really weren't my thing, but slowly I started to get to know people and started to have a bit more fun.

And last night was the height of my fun, I'd drank a lot of alcohol, done some very questionable dancing with some very drunk girls and batted my eye lashes at a legion of rugby players, shamelessly flirting with anyone. This was so very far from the real me.

I really hated what I was becoming. I'd been back at college for a few week now. Yes I was enjoying college more this year but still I wasn't happy, I really missed Padge more than anything else. I was hurt from his words but still I loved him.

His words still echoed round my head, I remembered vividly talking to Niki the next day on the phone and her saying that maybe it was for the best but she would always be here no matter what. Taylor had appeared at my house with Raychel and Sarah, the three of them dragging me out and making me see sense; of course I half saw Padge's point and their point but still it didn't make the pain go away. All the visits from friends didn't make it any easier to not have Padge around. In fact I hadn't met up with Niki, Raychel or Taylor for over three weeks. An occasional text or 10 minute phone call was all they got now. I think I believed that distancing myself from things associated with Padge would make it easier.

My parents had found out that we broke up as well. My dad now way on the road to recovery and out of hospital propped up at home nearly 6 months after the accident. He still wasn't the same of course. But they both noticed when I slept at home now, and spent more time at home; my mum automatically assumed Padge and I had broken up and was in a much better mood then. I explained that we ended it and it was his choice because of my grades, and of course after that Padge was no considered a hero. My parents saw him as a shining bloody example.

Fucking unfair.

I was guttered that it took me to be heart broken for them to realise how amazing Padge was. Yes I still believed he was amazing, I honestly still loved him even though he broke my heart. I hadn't spoken to him since that results day, four nearly five weeks ago, it was coming to the end of September now.

I thought I was getting over him until I opened my wardrobe a few days ago and realised one of his birthday presents was sitting their. It was nothing special but it still shock me slightly; it was his birthday this week.

My thoughts had distracted me so much I hadn't realised as I walked down the street people had been muttering about me. Of course I looked a state, and needed to go straight home to sort out my hair and make up stained face. Not a pretty sight.

I went straight home walking a lot quicker and running through the house when I finally got there. I locked myself in the bathroom. I hit the shower switch and slowly got undressed, I caught my reflection in the mirror and grimaced, I was disgusted with what I was doing to myself, my hips were bruised and there was horrible red marks all across my body. I looked a state. Never in my life had I wanted this to be what I turned out like.

I needed help.

Taylor's POV
“Door,” Niki shouted

“Matt get that,” I muttered still stirring the sauce for the pasta.

“Don't wanna, it's not my house!”

“Matthew Tuck get the fucking door now!” I shouted hearing him mumble something as he pulled himself off Niki and Jay's sofa.

“Do you have to shout women?” Jay questioned walking through with his crate of beer.

“God dam it man don't anger her!” Matt shouted at him both laughing, but Niki was first to get revenge grabbing the fish slice that was on the counter and slapping Jay with it. She wasn't in the best of moods as you can see.

“Ow bitch!”

“Don't be mean to my Taylor then!” Niki snarled, seriously the girl had some anger management problems. I turned back to see who was at the door as Matt opened.

“Rhian?” I heard him question, the three of us in the kitchen stared at each other. Rhian had pretty much been MIA for a while now, however much Niki and I said she had to stay in contact with us, she didn't. I doubt it was out of choice, but when you have such a good relationship and it just ends, keeping in contact with his friends isn't top priority.

“Hey, is Niki or Taylor here?”

“Yeah sure love, come in, you alright?” God I loved my boyfriends stupid questions sometimes.

“Yeah,” She didn't sound like Rhian, from Rhian and Padge, she was more the girl from the music shop now. A lot quieter, reserved, and not as cheerful. Didn't blame her though. I think if Matt broke up with me because I'd failed some exams I'd be pretty hurt.

“Hey sug!” Niki was first to jump off the counter and run at Rhian, for someone who was never to fond of her, Niki's opinion had changed.

“Hey,” Rhian hugged Niki back and gazed over to me with an awkward smile.

“Don't worry, I have all the necessary knowledge and experience to deal with broken hearts,” I smiled at her putting the spoon down and clicking at Matt. “You two watch the sauce, do not let it burn!” I warned both Jay and Matt before guiding Rhian into the living room followed by Niki. “Now explain all,”

“I miss him so fucking much,” She mumbled pathetically flopping onto the sofa.

“Sug, of course you fucking do, but if he thinks this is for the best,”

“Best for who? It can't be for me, because fuck I can't concentrate now because I keep thinking about who he's with, or what he's doing or just anything!” She looked between us, “I'm so fucking pathetic! I hate him for making me like this,”

“You don't hate him, that's your problem,” Niki reminds her gaining a death glare. “Have you tried drinking that always helps,”

“Yeah that's why I'm here,” She admitted, I wasn't exactly sure what that was meant to mean, but I think Niki's next words were the opposite of what Rhian needed to talk about.

“You want us to take you out?” That defiantly wasn't it, there was something she wasn't telling us.

“Rhian what did you do?” I sounded like a fucking parent, this wasn't me, no one would trust me with their child.

“I went out and got very wasted last night,” she groaned falling back further onto the sofa and closing her eyes. “I just met him, he was nice to me, I guess it was just an escape, and I fucking miss him,”

“Him the guy you fucked?” I loved Niki for her bluntness.

“No him as in Padge, I don't remember this other guy really, just that it happened, I fucked up,” She whispered actually crying over this. Niki and I weren't heartless, but there was no reason to cry, everyone makes mistakes.

“Rhian seriously, you fucked a guy, you're allowed!” Niki chuckled. “Babe there's gonna be million of mistakes like this that you end up making it,”

“Thanks, I don't want to! This guy he was such a fucking creep, and I didn't want to be there but I was and I just, he was a bastard,”

“You said he was nice a minute ago,” I muttered.

“I was drunk!” She snaps as Niki just rolled her eyes.

“Grow up! It happened! Time to move on!” Rhian just nodded the tears starting to fall, okay so Niki's tough love isn't the way to go, maybe it's time to actually sort this girl out.

“Rhian?” She gazed towards me. “You need to talk to Padge,”

“No, he thinks I'm some immature school girl that apparently can't cope,”

“You're proving him right at the moment sug,”

“Niki shut up,” I mumbled as she just shrugs. “Look, he was angry with himself, he thinks its his fault you were failing,”

“I wasn't failing, I just didn't do so good, I will get better, it's a big leap!”

“Padge doesn't realise hun, and to be honest none of us do, only you know why you didn't do so well, was it really Padge?” I questioned as she nodded slightly.

“A little bit,”

“Well then maybe this break up is for the best,”

“It's not, I wouldn't be here if I'd broken up with him would I?” She questioned looking between us. “I love him,” She added with a little huff.

“Then back to my first advice, talk to him,” I muttered not really sure I was getting through to Rhian at the moment. “Stay there I'll get some tissues, and shit,” I added leaving Niki with Rhian.

“She okay?” Matt questioned as I grabbed the box of tissues from the kitchen.

“She got a bit wasted and slept with someone else, obviously still hung up on Padge, it pretty much ruined her,” I muttered as both Jay and Matt gave sympathetic smiles.

“Maybe we should talk to Padge?” They questioned, but remember the immortal line, speak of the devil and he shall appear, well it's fucking true, speak of the devil and he shall appear to reek havock on this already disastrous scene.

As Padge appeared at the back door he was not alone, even Matt chocked on his drink while Jays eyes went wide.

“That's a fucking girl,” Jay mumbled to me, like he was reassuring himself, how in gods name did he get a girl?

She wasn't Rhian. She wasn't even close. She was so far off Niki or I, fucking hell was she ugly. Now I don't claim to be stunning but compared with her I was a goddess.

She was skinny and I mean skinny as in ill, her hair was very thin but very greasy, fell down past her shoulders and was an interesting blonde maybe brown colour her roots showing. A short denim skirt covered nothing, and a pair of wedges made her taller. A thin cotton top that required some sort of clevage to hold it up just fell across her childish figure. And there was no smile to her face, that instead was covered in foundation.

“Alright?” Padge questioned walking in, there was no emotion on his face, even he looked a little worse for wear.

“Hey long time no see,” I smile slightly trying to think of something to say.

“Aren't you going to introduce you're friend?” Jay smirked.

“Oh right, this is Fiona, Fiona, this is Jay, Matt, and Matt's girlfriend Taylor,” The girl didn't smile at us she just nodded.

“Nice to meet you,” She was welsh, with a thick accent and sounded so common it was unbelievable. Now I liked the welsh accent but hers was going to grate with me.

“You too,” Matt smiled. He gazed towards me for some back up but I for once was speechless.

“Taylor are you making the fucking tissues?” Niki shouted appearing in the kitchen door way. “Who the fuck is that?” Did I mention how much I love Niki.

“Niki meet Fiona, Fiona this is Jay's fiance Niki,” Fiona looked at Niki with utter distaste, though to be honest Niki looked like she was planning on killing her so it didn't matter.

“And she's in my house because?” Padge glared at Niki, there hadn't been one girlfriend that Niki had ever treated nicely, Rhian was an exception to that now, but of course when they first met she hadn't been, even I got the bitterness when I first met Niki.

“She's with me, she's my girlfriend,”

“Okay I know it doesn't take two people to get tissues!” Rhian called from the living room, Padge looked like a deer in headlights as soon as he heard her voice, you couldn't mistake her English accent. Now Rhian had been crying, mascara stains, slightly red eyes and looked a bit rough; but fuck did she look good compared with the stick hanging off Padge. I wasn't sure Rhian would see that though. “Seriously two of you?” Rhian questioned appearing next to Niki. Her eyes fell straight on Padge, and then of course to the girl next to her.

Rhian had always been kind of reserved in my opinion, very pleasant and nice around strangers; so none of us expected her to burst out laughing.

“No amount of alcohol nor drugs, could make me this happy,” She muttered gazing between Padge and the stick. “You have got to be joking me?”

“I really don't think he is sug,” Niki smirked obviously glad someone was seeing this her way for once.

“That's what has replaced me?” Rhian looked directly at Padge who said nothing.

“What does she mean?” Fiona looked quite confused staring at Rhian and then Padge. Padge still couldn't speak and it was so fucking funny to see him caught in between all this, not that he deserved this much pain though, everyone knew his feelings for Rhian.

“I'm Fiona,” She stated proudly.

“I'm Rhian, it's a pleasure to meet you,” Rhian smirked at Fiona.

“Who let the tourist in the country?” Fiona must have believed we'd find that funny or something, but the room stayed silent.

“Honestly?” Rhian questioned staring at me for reassurance. “Her?” I nodded as even Jay and Matt were smirking now. “Fuck, Michael you've lowered you're standards,” Padge just glared at Rhian for that.

“Michael?” Fiona looked around utterly confused, while Rhian, Niki and I continued to laugh. “I thought you're name was Padge?”

“First names Michael,” Padge muttered quietly looking at Fiona, who just smiled slightly.

“Aww I kind of like it,” She leaned up and kissed him forcefully, I think that might have knocked Rhian's confidence slightly, but she wasn't going to let it show. “Padgie let's go, we can have lots of fun at home,” She smirked her hands trailing down his body and hooking into his jeans. “What d'ya say?”

“I say that's gross,” Niki said simply causing Fiona to turn round. “But obviously you weren't asking me,” She smirked with a wink at Padge. “Does she break when you fuck her? Is she like a doll?” Niki questioned. “Makes cute little noises while laying there doing nothing? I can't believe you actually put your c-”

“Niki,” Jay mumbled knowing what his girlfriend was like.

“Shut up!” Fiona growled at Niki. “I know exactly what Padgie likes,”

“Bet he doesn't like being called Padgie,” Niki smirks.

“Like you know what he likes,” She snaps back.

“I do,” Rhian smirked looking straight at Fiona. “Or at least I thought I did,” She turned her attention to Padge and in a reasonably good attempt at a welsh accent she spoke. “She's gotta have a nice set of tits cause otherwise where do I look when she's talking? And not skinny something to hold onto, and a smile, a real smile she doesn't realise she does, and a brain is a defiantly fucking plus,” Rhian stopped,as Padge stared at her. “Did all that change over night then?” He didn't answer, but Fiona obviously had something to say.

“Who is she?”

“Rhian, she's my-” He stopped looking at Rhian as she looked own, obviously regretting what she'd done, where as the rest of us were more proud of her than ever. “My-”

“His ex,” Rhian finally spoke for him.

“Oh so you're jealous of me?” And there it was Rhian bursting out laughing.

“Love I would never be jealous of you, I might not be a size 8, but thank fuck I've finally got bigger boobs than someone, and my hair looks better than someone's and I smile!”

“You're just fat,”

“If you say so,” Rhian smiled looking between Niki and I. “I was right, coming here has cheered me up, more than I thought actually, it was good to see you all,”

“Love you sug,” Niki smirked hugging her tightly, as I got to say my goodbye as well.

“You gonna be okay?” Rhian nodded, it might have been a very good act but she wasn't fooling me. “You call me if anything is wrong,”

“Of course I will,” The theatrics for Padge were working at least on Fiona and the guys, but I think a few saw through her as she bit her lip looking towards Padge and Fiona for a minute. “Nice meeting ya,” She smirked before Matt let her out of the house.

“We should get going as well,” Padge muttered a very guilty look on his face.

“Could I just use you're bathroom?”

“Knock yourself out,” Jay muttered pointing towards it, I don't think she got the actually hint though.

“What are you doing?” Niki screamed at Padge as soon as the bathroom door shut.

“Standing in you're kitchen?”

“Don't give me this dumb shit, you're new play toy does that well enough! What the fuck is with that?”

“I'm getting over Rhian,” He muttered bitterly.

“By fucking the first thing in sight, seems you two have something in common,” The snide remark wasn't needed and I instantly regretted it.

“What?” Padge locked eyes with me.

“That's why Rhian was here, she messed up and really got herself in a state,” I muttered as Padge sighed running his hands down his face.

“Fuck,” He leant back against the kitchen counting staring at us both. “Is she okay?” Both Niki and I shrugged. I guess he was slightly considered; I think we both knew how he felt.

“You saw how she took Fiona,”

“Yeah an act,” He muttered I had to admit I didn't expect him to realise, he was a guy after all. “Oh come on give me some credit we dated for the best part of a year!”

“Then you must know how she isn't coping with this,” I stopped as Fiona walks back in the room.

“It's for the best,” He sighed, just like he told Rhian, but neither of them believed it was for the best. The four of us watched he and Fiona walk out, saying our goodbyes was brief, and watching them go was easy.

“What a cow,”

“Fucking ugly as shit,” Matt added rolling his eyes. “Get the feeling he found her when both high and drunk?”

“No shit,” Niki mumbles as I let Matt wrap his arms around my waist.

“Promise me if you ever have to replace me you'll choose someone way fucking better,” I muttered as Matt just laughs kissing the exposed skin at my neck.

“Babe that is never going to happen, and that is also not possible,” He mumbled his bright blue eyes gazed up to meet my own hazel ones. “You're the most beautiful girl out there,”

“If it was the other way round Taylor would defiantly be able to find someone,” Niki smirked, but had to duck as Matt throw the spoon at her head, which lead to an all out war in our kitchen.

Who says we're not mature?
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah!!! hopefully Sarah liked the fact she got to hurt Padge!!!
x