I Saw Her Standing There

You

I gazed down the road as I got closer to Padge's. There were quite a few people outside actually, the warm weather and lack of wind seemed to grab the people of Bridgend's attention. Padge was, surprisingly, one of the people outside. A hose and bucket full of soap placed next to him as he finished polishing off his car.

“Hey,” He gazed up, my figure catching his eye.

“Hello,” I smiled reaching his house just as he shut his car door. “You're actually cleaning your car?”

“Yeah shocking ain't it,” He mocked locking the door and walking back towards his house. “You okay?”

“Yeah, I'm pretty awesome, you?” He nodded with a smile.

“Come in,” I followed him round the back of the house, as he dragged the hose back inside. “So I was thinking, we really need to talk,”

“Wow, you realise you are actually channelling your inner girl when you say that?”

“Oh aren't we funny,” He muttered beckoning for me to come inside. “D'ya want a drink or anything?”

“I'm good thanks,” I smiled leaning against the table in the hall as he put his keys back in the bowl. “It's a really nice day, why don't we talk and walk at the same time?” I questioned indicating outside. “Maybe the park or something?” Padge nodded grabbing a single door key from the bowl of keys. “I know that's like doing two things at once but I thought you could cope,” I smiled nudging him gently as he raised his eyebrows at me.

“Says the girl who fails to walk down and text at the same time,”

“Hey that's not fair, that is pretty difficult!” I whined walking back out the front door as Padge followed. Padge just laughed rolling his eyes and looking the door.

“You've got an excuse for everything,” I shrugged with a little smile. Yeah, that sounded about right though. A comfortable silence seemed to fall over us as we walked down his road; without really saying anything we'd both started wondering towards the park, a route we always use to walk in the evenings.

“So,” I bit my lip wondering if this was the right time to bring it up. Oh what the hell. “I heard about Fiona,” Padge surprised me by starting to laugh.

“Trust me you'd have loved to see that,”

“She really went for her then?” Padge nodded. “And you honestly just walked off?” He nodded again not looking at me. “So that's over then?”

“Fuck yes,” He replied quite hastily. “Sorry, but yeah it's over, there was really nothing to start with it was just sex,”

“Good to know,” I muttered really not sure what to say to that. Yeah I was slightly jealous, slightly offended that's what he'd gone to after me and slightly hurt about the whole thing.

“Sorry you didn't want to know that,”

“No it's fine,” Padge laughed at me with a little shake of his head.

“You still suck at lying, and it's not fine, from now on no mention of her,”

“Agreed,”

“You were better,” He smirked his arm falling across to reach my hand. “In every way,” It was a cheap and slightly cheesy comment but I'd take the compliment, it was defiantly a confidence boost when someone tells you your better than another girl. Girls are competitive and bitchy, it's in our nature and I wasn't going to deny it. “Look this Friday I've got nothing planned, how d'ya feel about dinner then back to mine?”

Why did it just sound like he wanted sex?

Back to mine was as bad as, come in for coffee.

“I guess so,” I smiled not wanting to toss up an opportunity to spend time with him though; and if I didn't want it to lead to that then I could sure as hell stop it. “So us Friday night?” I questioned as we wondered through the park.

“Maybe,” Padge smiled capturing my hand in his. “Do you want to?” I nodded gazing up at him as we stopped in the middle of the field. “And it's not just back to mine, like I always say it,” He smirked his hand falling to link with mine.

“Sounds like a plan, do you?” Padge just nodded leaning down and pressing his lips against mine, I had to admit that shocked me slightly. What were we doing?

“I missed having you wrapped in my arms, however pathetic and non masculine it sounds, I missed ya,”

“Ooo Michael Paget has a soft side,” I teased raising my head to kiss him back.

“Yeah and don't you tell a soul,”

“You!” The screaming broke up our moment though. Padge turned to see who was screaming at us. I turned the same way and was met with the funniest site ever. Now Sarah does not like exercise, she does not do sport and she certainly wouldn't run across a field. So when you see Sarah running across a field, you know it's probably a sign of the apocalypse.

“She's not gonna kick me again is she?”

“Better she does that than use weed killer,”

“Excuse me?”

“It's a long story,” I sighed as she reached us, she clipped Padge on the back of his head with her hand before doing exactly the same to me. “Hey!”

“Are you going to hurt me every time you see me?” Padge questioned her letting of my hand to rub the back of his head.

“And what have I done?”

“What are you doing with him?” She screeched. “He broke your heart! He turned you into some depressed emo child! Rhian what the fuck? Are you ready to go through that all again or something?” I loved eccentric Sarah, when she just started screaming and shouting for absolutely not reason. Padge stood there watching me and every so often gazing towards Sarah who was still shouting.

“I broke your heart,” Padge whispered more confirming it for himself. “I know sorry won't really make that better, but I am,”

“I know,” I whispered looking back to Sarah who was still ranting, she was getting more dramatic with hand movements and every so often flinging her arms up in the air. “Do you think she'll realise if we run away?” Padge shrugged gazing over at her with a small smirk.

“How long is this gonna last for?”

“I get the feeling it might be a while,”

“Sarah baby, you're scaring the nie people,” She instantly stopped as a male voice was heard over hers, the man wrapped his arms around her waist and his head appeared on her shoulder. “Finished?” He questioned kissing her neck before gazing over at Padge and I. “Sorry about her,”

“Oh don't worry, I'm use to it,” I spoke up before Padge got the chance to say something; I knew what he was like. “Rhian, and you must be Jason,” The guy nodded with a smile. “She's mentioned you a few times,” I, unlike Sarah, wasn't going to fully embarrass her like she had done to me with Padge, many weeks ago.

“Yeah, nice to meet you,”

“You two have met before,” Sarah mumbled, for once being a lot quieter than usual, it was cute.

“Well we're being polite,” I mocked her smiling at Jason who was chuckling at his girlfriend. “This is Padge by the way,” I added pointing to Padge who had gone back to holding my hand.

“Nice to meet ya dude,”

“You too,” Padge just smiled shaking hands, everyone was very polite.

“So seriously,” Sarah spoke up. “Why are you two out together in public?” She glared at Padge, as Jason sighed wrapping his arms around her and pulling towards him.

“Sarah play nicely, maybe we should go back to what we were doing and leave these two in peace?” I never realised that this Jason guy was so sensible, I think it was a very good act since I imagined him to be a lot like Sarah in his ways.

Padge and I just nodded, giving me a few seconds to say goodbye to Sarah and mutter a few words about being nice, before the pair of us left.

“She's right ya know,”

“About what?” Padge questioned as we wondered through the park.

“What are we doing together?”

“Two friends,” Padge said simply, those two words seemed to echo through my head. I didn't really have anything to say back to because I thought we were moving on, getting somewhere in our lives but apparently not. I don't think he picked up on my little sigh, and I was thankful for that, I didn't want him to realise that hurt.

“Sounds good,” I gazed up at him with a real smile. At least I wasn't losing a friend; though maybe that's what I needed to get over him.

“For now, anyway, I'm going away soon,”

“Tour?” I questioned, not sure what he was meant to be suggesting.

“Yep it's a small one again, but it's pretty important,” He said simply, not elaborating on anything that I really wanted him too. I guess I needed to probe more.

“That sounds awesome, you guys are really taking off,” Padge looked over as we walked across the grass for no apparent reason.

“Yeah it's fucking amazing, but no good for starting over again,” He sighed. “I don't wanna get back with you then have to leave all over again, that's no fun,” I think I actually screamed, well inside I did, he wanted to get back together with me.

Guess we were thinking the same thing after all.

“That is if you'd have be back,” He muttered as I let the thoughts process in my mind.

“Are you joking?” I mocked squeezing his hand in mine. “I think I might just possibly have you back,”

“Only possibly?” He smiled stopping at the edge of the field away from all the paths around the park. He slowly sat down pulling me with him.

“Ah huh,” I nodded stretching out next to him. “I mean you do steal my pillow, leave the milk out and have a thing about not being patient enough to wait for my clothes to come off without being ripped,” I paused smirking at him, pretending to ponder. “Maybe,”

“Come here,” He chuckled pulling me towards him, so he could wrap his arm around me. “You know you'd have me back,”

“Only cause no one else would,” I winked, Padge raised his eyebrows, his hands trailing down my waist before he started tickling me.

Bastard.

“Padge!” I screamed wriggling around pathetically, thinking it was going to help me escape him. He kept me pinned down though. “PADGE! I'm serious!”

“Oh serious are we?” He mocked continuing the unprovoked attack. I just flailed around there was no point, Padge was just that little bit stronger than me. He did something that shocked me slightly, he leaned over my body pressing a sweet kiss against my lips. My lips parted for him, our tongues meeting and slowly sliding across each others. It was a perfect kiss, soft and unforced, but still full of feeling.

Of course the thought crossed my mind; he was going away again and I'd have to trust he wouldn't find anyone else.

And for some reason I really did trust him. Was I naive? Or just very much in love?
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy.
Thank you to Taylor for reading this story (im still in a bad mood with you, stupid story!)
x