I Saw Her Standing There

Introductions

I made it through high school in north Wales, and still had the most English accent ever, now I aimed to make it through college in south Wales still with holding the Englishness!

This was the worst time of year at college, January, coming back after Christmas, there was nothing to do.

“Rhian!”

“hmm?” I turn round to see Sarah catching up with me. “What's up?”

“Nothing,” she smiled brightly walking into the common room with me. “How was your weekend?” Sarah was the first person I'd met at sixth form, and we managed to get along really well.

“Good, though I had to work the whole of Saturday, then revised Sunday till 7pm when I saw Padge,” Sarah smirked at me; she was the only one who knew about Padge and I. Mainly because she kind of introduced us.

“Name here, subjects you want, and the grades you got at GCSE,” The solemn faced teacher stated in his nasal voice glaring at me. I picked up the fountain pen.
Name: Rhian G Lewis.
Subjects for As Level: Music, A* at GCSE
English A at GCSE
Maths A at GCSE
Geography A* at GCSE


“Done,” I state simply as he stares down at the grades and smiles slightly, he took my results letter for my GCSE's from me.

“These are good,” I nod always priding myself on my grades cause they were a big part of my life, how sad is that? But it's true, oh well. “Really good, I spouse you will come here and want just as good grades,”

“Of course sir,” I smile he stares at me for a few seconds, I still possessed my English accent after living in Wales for five years now. I'd lived in south England but my dad's job moved to Portmadog in north Wales, and now my mum wanted to go back home to south Wales, so here I am applying for 6thform at Bridgend 6thform College. Not my first choice but my parents insisted it was good for me, can't say I believed them.

I was moving away from all my friends, and I'd obviously have to make knew ones, something I never found amazingly easy but I'd have to get over it and grow up.

“An English accent but a welsh name,” he states as I just nod, everyone said that but it didn't bother me, I was proud of my English heritage as well as the welsh side of my slightly crazy family.
“Well it's a pleasure to welcome you to Bridgend 6thform college, you'll be a great asset, and I'm sure you'll enjoy you two years,”

“I hope so,”

“Your first day is this Friday, tutor is at 8:30am, lessons start at 9am,” I just nod and smile before getting up and taking my results table as he mutters goodbye and the next student walks towards him.

I made my way through the college, a high school attached to it that meant loads of little kids surrounding me from one lesson to another, this year was obviously going to be a challenge in more ways than one. The children, making friends, the subjects, and finding my way around.

I run down the stairs and into the common room which seemed relatively empty. As I entered another girl entered from the opposite door and caught my gaze. She smiled brightly before walking towards me.

“You don't by any chance know where the loos are do you?” She asked in a perfect English accent which totally threw me.

“Umm I wanna say upstairs-”

“You're English!” She giggles her face lightening up. I nod smiling at her enthusiasm.

“I am indeed, so are you!” She seemed slightly crazy, even a little hippy like, but it was all good she seemed really friendly.

“Sorry where are they?” She questions as I point up the stairs.

“Umm up stairs to the right, I think maybe left, fuck,” I mumble making her laugh. “Want me to show you?”

“Go for it, I'm Sarah by the way,” She says sticking her hand out for me to shake, who does that? I like this girl she's individual.

“Rhian,”

“Cool, you're coming here?” I nod, “What subjects?” She questions as we skip up the stairs and me realising we had to turn left.

“Music, Maths, English and French,” I say as Sarah smiles nodding. “You?”

“There awesome subjects, and I'm doing English snap! And Maths so snap again, plus textiles, and art!”

“Oh wow creative, that's awesome,” I say walking into the toilets Sarah following.

“I think so! I'll meet you out here in a minute,” she adds as I just smile and nod, shocked she was planning on carrying on our convocation. So apparently making friends wasn't as difficult as I once thought.

“So do you have plans for the rest of the day?” Sarah questions, as we'd taken to walking out of the college and wondering around the park. She didn't know anyone here either, moved up from London because of family reasons.

“Looking for a job and that's about it, you?”

“Same, well actually I've got to go give my forms to the place that offered me the job, if that makes sense, so not really looking,”

“Oh so where are you working?”

“Art shop in town, but you know where there are vacancies!” She suddenly says excitedly dragging me to the park entrance.

“No but hopefully you're going to tell me!” I laugh as she just rolls her eyes at me.

“Music shop! Come on, you'll be perfect!” A music shop? I guess I could do that.

Following her genius idea, I was dragged down to Bridge End high street in search of this so called music shop hoping to find a job. It took us a while since neither could remember which was to turn, and so ended up getting lost and trailing around the streets as it poured with rain.

“Sarah this is mental!” I shout at her over the driving rain, but she just laughs dragging me down yet another street, this girl was out of her mind I swear. Though maybe not as out of her mind as I thought, cause at the end of the street we saw the start of the high street, a few random unimportant shops. “Maybe you're not,” I mumble as she turns and smirks triumphantly.

“Found it, the art shops before so let me drop the forms in, then I'll come with you for this job,”

“Sound's like a plan batman,” She smirks nodding in agreement.

“I think so Robin,” I roll my eyes at her comment, no one had ever replied like that, usually they tell me to shut up or just laugh. We trailed off towards the art shop both of us drenched by the rain, but being use to it since we're English and that's all it does.

I followed her into the art shop as she hands the forms in to some welsh guy who owned the shop. The problem I had with this accent is I can't understand a thing some of them are saying. Strong welsh accents confuse me, I end up having to ask people to repeat what they say. It's never good the amount of people I had offended.

I watched her thank the guy, as he told her when the job would start and her hours; I browsed round the shop noticing all the colourful paper and glitter, and of course all the paints, pens, pencils, not pads, the list went on. This place seemed to have everything in such a compact place.

“Right let's go get you this job,” Sarah appeared behind me as I started at some painting hanging on the wall.

“Yeah,” I mumble following her back out into the rain and walking down the high street towards the music shop, I finally noticed it and had to say it looked pretty cool. A small shop front, but as soon as you stepped in you realise how far back it goes. Guitars hanging on walls, amps on the floor, a few drum kits set up, a few pianos hanging around, woodwind instruments in cases, strings hanging n the walls, violins everywhere; the place was like an Aladdin cave for musicians.

“Well go ask,” she mutters giving me a push in the right direction, I noticed the man standing behind the till checking some pieces of paper over.

“Umm excuse me?” I question awkwardly as he looks up, I was expecting him to glare but instead a warm smile crossed his lips.

“You're a woodwind player,” he states simply, I nod shocked by that. “Can I help?”

“Actually it's about the advertisement in the window,”

“Oh,” he pauses as I realise there were loads of advertisements in the window.

“About the job,” I add as he looks at me a few seconds.

“You would have to work weekends, and if you can fit any of time in that would be great, obviously you know about music,” Obviously...cause you don't even know me and you think I'm a woodwind player...which could have been a lucky guess. “So what do you say?”

Sarah nods enthusiastically as I just smile. “I say yes,” the man laughs shaking my hand.

“Mark, I'm the owner, and that over there is your first costumer,” I turn round as the door opens and two men walk in. One was a little shorter and skinnier, with spiked up brown hair, wearing a pair of cut off black trousers, long white socks and black skate shoes, plus a metallica hoodie.

The guy behind him was taller, with long dark brown hair tied in a tight pony tail, he wasn't skinny but defiantly not fat, he was simply wearing a pair of jeans and a motorhead hoodie covering his body. They both looked up towards Sarah and I as they walked in, I smiled polity thinking the manager was still there so tried to put on my best customer serving voice.

“Afternoon, is there anything I can help you with?”

“Afternoon love,” The shorter one spoke with a thick welsh accent, great hot guys and I wouldn't be able to understand them. “We're just browsing,” he says simply as the taller guy gazes towards me, he had really pretty eyes, he looked at me for a few seconds before following his mate round towards the guitars. Of course they were guitarists they looked like metal heads.

Sarah smiled brightly sticking both thumbs on and pulling a really cheesy smile. She flopped down on a sofa which was placed by the walls of guitars. I dragged myself around the counter to see a stool there, I sat there feeling extremely unbalanced on the stool which was a little to high.

“Rhian you'll end up falling!” Sarah smirked at me as I just flip her off but hold on to the counter just encase she was right. I smiled at her as we watched the only two customers point at guitars and mutter about things.

“I won't fall,” I say bitterly making her laugh as one of the two guys walks towards me.

“Is Mark around?”

“NO, I'm not here imagine she's the only one that can serve you!” The manager shouts through the store giving me quite a shock, and confusing the short guy in front of me.

“Right well,” he pauses chuckling, “So could we get some help getting these guitars down?”

“Umm yeah sure,” I spouse that's what I do here. Apparently I did, and I could actually do this job well for once. Sarah spent the whole afternoon sitting there fiddling with the guitars and watching me try and be a good shop assistant. The hot guys stayed for a while as well looking at guitars, basses, amps and strings and all other crazy accessories.

“Okay so we just want the strings bass and guitar pack, plus the D.I. Box,” the shorter of the two men says as I just nod.

“Good choice,” I say simply walking towards where the sign for strings said. “Oh fuck,” I mumble where there were a wall of strings. “So umm what strings?” I turn to see the taller guy with long hair smiling at me.

“Roto sounds British steels,”

“I see,” I mumble staring at the wall of strings. “So they are,” I pause so very lost at the moment. They guy chuckles and points towards the right hand corner.

“One bass, one guitar,” he says smiling at me, he had a really cute accent, and I could understand him; can you say plus side. I stood on my tip toes grabbing the packet of bass ones and realises the guitar ones were even higher. I stretched right up trying to reach them, I grabbed the packet before falling straight back the packet of strings went flying but I stopped in mid air.

His hands pressed against my back sending shivers down my spine. “Okay?” he questions as I manage to stand up straight and turn to see what other damage I caused.

“Yes,” I half whisper feeling my cheeks tinge red, he catches my gaze smiling at me. “Umm strings?” I mutter looking over his shoulder and see Sarah holding them having caught them as they were sent half way across them room.

“Right so the bill,” I groan brushing past the guy who saved me and walking behind the counter. It didnt take long for me to sort the bill out and then I had to serve a load more costumers.

“So?” Sarah questioned as finally Mark said the shop was closed and I served the last costumer of the day.

“SO?” I question collapsing onto the sofa with her.

“He was cute, the one with the pony tail and you were so into him,” I thought back to the two guys that had first come in, the taller one with long hair was defiantly cute, but also older and he wouldn't be interested in some college girl.

“Sarah!” I laugh at her “I've just met him, served him nothing else, gosh!” we both started laughing.

“I bet he comes back in here when you're working,”

“Well probably, I mean this is the only music shop in Bridge End,” Sarah looks at me sympathetically.

“Oh young one you have so much to learn!”

“Oh shut up!”


Mondays at college weren't half bad usually. Though it was January, and this meant mock exams for lower sixth; that was me and I was starting to hate all the work I had to do. It was easy to keep going with all this work but I knew I had to try. Everyone kept telling me this year would be hard work but fun; I'd yet to find the fun side of it.

As my geography lesson ended I trailed off to my study knowing I had a pile of maths homework to get on with. Maths was one of the subjects I was struggling with out of the four I did. I took Music which was okay, Geography my passion, Maths because it was a money earner and English because I needed a fourth subject.

I knew I had to drop one at the end of the year, hopefully maths though English was of no use to me, so I guess it didn't matter which I dropped.

I walked towards my usual seat in the study centre, soon joined by Sean who shared most of my studies and Louise some girl who the guys loved and I couldn't stand. I'd never really hated anyone, though Louise got close. And she looked like a rat, though obviously she can't help that.

I grabbed my bag getting some work out and glancing down onto my phone.

I smile noticing one new message on it, quickly grabbing my phone and sliding it open. One new message Niki's name flashed up on my phone. She was one of Padges friends kind of, well she dated Jay the bassist in Bullet For My Valentine the band he played guitar in.

Niki was 22, little shorter than Jay, black hair, bright eyes, covered in tattoos this amazing disney land on acid sleeve and starting an apocalypse scene on her back; but she was an exception to all logic. I felt as if half the time she hated me and wanted to me out of the way, but apparently it was because she was only looking out for me; girl had a funny way of doing that. Though I knew she would be there for me, not because Taylor forced her to be nice to me, but she'd proved a few times now she cared. Niki intimidated me when I first met her, she's the girl you imagine rock stars to date, but I was getting use to her now and admired her for who she was and what she did. The girl was fucking cool shit. She'd trained in America as a tattoo artist and was working in a studio in Bridgend.

Then there was Taylor the other girlfriend, Matt's girlfriend. She was really pretty, it was easy to see what Matt saw in her, she had a good heart. She'd studied hair and beauty while working at a studio and had a talent for make up design and hair she did all the guys hair; plus Niki and I managed to steal free hair cuts off her paying only for the dyes. She was also really lovely to people; after you got to know her, because sometimes she came off as either mildly insane or fucking scary as hell. When you put her and Niki together you ended up with disasters, drinking, sex, drugs, police, and usually a trip to hospital.

Taylor was one of the first of his friends I'd met.
“You're in charge don't do anything stupid Rhian!” My manager shouts as he runs out of the store his son dragged behind him holding his broken arm, that's the last time his son will be allowed to play on the stairs.

“Okay, everything will be fine!” I shout loudly but I doubt he heard. I placed myself on the stool behind the counter, took my head phones out, and grabbed one of the lolly pops our manager always left around. My eyes gazed around the shop looking for a magazine to read, the whole thing we had was Metal Hammer and that was good enough for me. I grabbed the magazine and got ready for a very long day of no customers.

Though I was wrong, I had a few. A family who were getting their children into music, one wanted to learn the flute, and the boy wanted to play the drummers. What a noise there would be in that family.

Another women came in searching for a present for her boyfriend something musical and well we ended up with a guitar strap and plectrum holder, not romantic but it wasn't easy.

Finally I went back to the music, only getting up half way through to make myself yet another cup of tea, and to find a new magazine. We had a few more customers, and an influx of teenager boys checking out the guitars and drums; making too much noise for me to listen to my music.

There was at least an hour where nothing much happened, giving me some time to play with the instruments before I was interrupted by some guy who wanted some clarinet reeds for his daughter only problem he had no idea about clarinet reeds, so that took a few years to sort out. After that I didn't have the heart to go back to playing Mozart on the clarinet, you've got to be crazy to do it anyway. I flopped back on the stool, this day was dragging, I had an hour left to go, though my boss still wasn't back and I had no idea what to do when it came to closing time.

At half four the door bell went again and more people walked in, I didn't check to start with cause they were walking around so I kept gazing down at my magazine. When I finally did look up I got quite a shock. I recognised the guy instantly, long black hair tired back, ¾ length black trousers, white socks, and a motorhead hoddie. Following him in though muttering under her breath was a stunning women with long browny red hair, it wasn't perfectly straight more wavy which framed her face perfectly, she was tall as well, maybe a little taller than Padge. She looked amazing in her tight jeans and tight Metalica top showing off her curvy body. Though it was so cold outside I was shocked that she seemed rather summery, with the fact her top wouldn't keep her warm in the cold and slightly wet climate we were experiencing.

I looked up as I heard laughter and the girl jabbed Padge in the ribs causing him to grab her waist tickling her.

“Unfair advantage!” She managed to squeak out, I watched his arm wrap around her shoulder as he guided her towards the guitars.

He never mentioned a girlfriend. Or maybe a sister? No she defiantly didn't have a welsh accent. Maybe a distance family member.

Who was I kidding?

“Can I help?” I question the girl looks at me no emotion just a blank stair.

“We're just browsing,” Padge said simply sending me a small smile.

“Fuck off are we, he's looking for a guitar or something, we are not browsing that takes too long,” The women growls at him, I just smile politely.

“Sorry about my friend she has problems,” Padge jokes as the girl slaps his shoulder hard.

“I do not have problems,” She growls before looking at me. “Really I don't,”

“Oh I believe you,” I smile, not sure what else to say, they seemed like quite a cute couple actually. “Did you want too look at any of them in particular?”

“Well it's not for me, it's for her boyfriend,” I look straight at her, wasn't Padge her boyfriend.

“Oh, I thought it was for you, sorry,” I mutter wishing I hadn't said that because it was obvious the girl understood me straight away, she knew what I was thinking. Girls can read other girls minds, we know how it works.

“Fuck, I would never date him love, he's a right fuckwit,” She jokes, as Padge roles his eyes. “Sorry Michael, am I ruining your chances!” she laughs smirking at us both, fuck she wouldn't say anything would she. “Well anyway I don't know anything about guitars, that's why Padge is here, he's Padge,” she adds pointing at me, I smile slightly nodding.

“I know,” Taylor looks at me suspiciously before glancing towards Padge wanting an explanation.

“Oh Taylor this is Rhian, Rhian this is Taylor,” Taylor smiles at me before looking for a bit more of an explanation, “I shop in here a lot, and well Rhian works here,” He adds, I knew she didn't buy it.

“Of course,” Taylor smirks before turning to Rhian. “It's nice to meet you,”


I pressed open on my phone wondering what Niki wanted.

Hey Sug, tonight at my house, girls night in, 7pm. x

Sounded fun, Niki and Taylor apparently were a bad influence on me; Though it didn't matter. They were younger than the guys but older than me; though neither of them acted that mature. I remember meeting for the first time and never being so intimidated and scared before.

“Padge! Finally you guys took forever,” The girl who answered the door I'd met before, tall, long legs, shoulder length wavy hair, large eyes scanning over Padge and I as we walked through. She was stunning, a punky look about her, just what I'd always imaged the guys to like. “And you've gotta be Rhian?” I nod already intimidated by her.

“You stay quiet and they'll eat you alive love,” She smirks walking in as Padge gave me a push in the right direction, I was going to die here. “There here,”

“Padge what took you so- Why hello!” A tall guy caught my gaze, with his shoulder length black hair a blonde streak going through it, a lot taller, and quite intimidating.

“Guys this is Rhian,” Padge stated wrapping an arm around my waist.

“Rhian this is, Matt, Taylor's boyfriend,” He pointed to the tall guy who was standing there smiling at me. “That's Moose,”

“Hi,” I smile at the three of them, Moose was reasonably cute, sandy brown hair, he reminded me of the kind of guy you'd found down a pub at 2pm on a Saturday screaming at the tv as a rugby game was on. He was a lads lad as people call them. “Moose?” I question as he nods smirking at me.

“Padge and I share the same name so to stop confusion I use my nickname which is Moose,”

“Obviously,” I mutter smiling at him.

“Do you want a drink?” Taylor asks her eyes gazing over me.

“I'll have another beer love,” Matt said to her as she shock her head before turning back to me.

“Anything non alcoholic,” she looks at me as if I was insane before nodding slowly.

“Taylor doesn't really understand the words non alcoholic,” Moose explains earning a punch in the arm.

“Like your any fucking better, Diet coke okay?” I just nod awkwardly before noticing Padge was sitting on the sofa, maybe it would suck me up and I'd be taken away from this already disastrous meeting.

“So English accent but welsh name how does that work?” Matt asks looking over at me.

“I was born in England but my mum's family are welsh,”

“What part of Wales?”

“Aberysthywhth,”

“North Wales,” Moose states as I just nod, the room went into silence for a few minutes, I leant against Padge his arm over my shoulder as Moose sat down next to me. Matt sat on the sofa opposite his eyes fixed on me.

“Fucking about time Paget!” I heard a distinctive American accent cut through the house; that had to be Nicole, the only girl I had yet to meet. She appeared in the room, long black hair, light brown eyes, smiling brightly; she honestly intermediated me the most. Perfect feminine figure, covered in tattoos and obvious piercings.“You and I-” She pauses as her eyes land on me, narrowing and the smile fading.

“Don't I know you?” The guy who I presumed to be Jay, since he was with Nicole, asks. I shake my head as he gazes at me for a few seconds.

“This is my new girlfriend,” Padge stated the room fell silent, a horrible kind of awkward silence where if someone didn't speak soon we'd end up sitting in silence for hours.

“Drinks!” Taylor said loudly walking through the door, she sadly didn't make the most elegant entrance tripping over a set of Dvd boxes on the floor. Luckily she hadn't opened any of the drinks; though as she fell the can went flying up caught quite perfectly by Moose, and the glass bottle landed in Matt's lap. Nearly perfect.

“Good entrance,” Moose smirks at her before handing me the drink. “And well done on breaking the awkward silence,” Taylor just growls slowly standing up and dusting herself off.

“Shut up I-” But she didn't finish, because as all this was happening Niki had been staring at me, trying to either work something out or intimidate me enough so I left the house in tears and never came back; couldn't work out which she was doing.

“So how did you two meet?”

“At the music-”

“You're the girl in the music shop!” Jay said excitedly making me laugh. Him and Moose seemed nice enough, Matt was a bit intimidating to say the least, Taylor seemed lovely, and Niki well fuck she scared the shit out of me.

“Am indeed,”

“That's why he always goes in there,”

“That and it's the only music shop around,” Niki mutters to her boyfriend who just shrugs.

“Niki don't ruin the romantic side to it,”

“Taylor for fuck sake when did you start caring about the romantic side of things, and Padge romantic? Fucking hell that would be interesting,” I hated her already, the guys all laugh as the two girls start bitching at each other, coming up with interesting comments about Padge in between the fighting. But finally we hit the topic I knew was coming.

“She's too fucking young,” Everyone went silent as Niki spoke.

“Love is love Niki,” Taylor snaps back; I felt like I was coming between friends. Something I'd never wanted to do.

“Taylor what the fuck have you taken? Seriously, never in a million years would you condone some relationship where the girl isn't legal,”

“Of course I fucking would, if she's happy and Padge is happy why interfere?” She snaps back staring over at the two of us. “Seriously Niki, he's our friend, he deserves to be happy as much as any of them, and if that's what they are then leave it,” I sigh nestling closer to Padge.

“You alright?”

“Yeah,” I mumble feeling his lips press against the top of my head. “Just feel like I'm causing problems,”

Padge's POV
“Fuck you're not causing problems,” I mutter back holding her closer to me. “We knew this would be hard to accept but they'll come round,” She shrugs looking straight at me. “It's okay,” I lean down my lips pressed against hers lightly, I felt her body relax into my grip for the first time since we'd got here.

“Padge,” Niki snaps forcing us to separate quickly. “How old is she?” She growls as if we were actually doing something wrong.

“Niki,” Jay mutters running his finger tips up and down her tattooed arms. I sigh staring at my new girlfriend who looked quite fearful when up against hells bitch, I kissed her forehead as Niki continued.

“Tell me come on enlighten us to how old she is? Cause my guess is you can't tell us cause anyone finds out that's bullet down the fucking drain!” She shouts at me, I gave in and stood up, staring at her as she tried to glare me down.

“It's none of your business, or anyone else's who I date, or how fucking old Rhian is, leave her out of it and stop fucking starting on her Nicole,” I say ignoring her and walking towards the crate of beer getting one out, Niki started walking towards Rhian, though I didn't worry she'd never actually hurt her.

“Why do you care so much?” Rhian questioned Niki who just rolled her eyes.I didn't except Rhian to even think of speaking to her, so this was a good sign.

“Your not legal kid, your going to get him in so much shit and it's not worth it, you're a child Rhian, nothing else,”

“Leave her alone Ni-”

“I'm not a child,” Rhian finally standing up at least an inch or two taller than Niki, but it wouldn't matter to Niki. “And for fuck sake I'm 17 he won't get in fucking trouble!” She snarls at Niki as everyone else goes silent. None of them except Taylor knew her real age, the guys seemed to presume she was around 19-20 but never 17.

“That's it that's the fucking proof she ain't legal, right that's it,” She grabbed Rhian by the arm dragging her out of the house with me running behind her shouting bloody murder. Matt stopped me going any further as Rhian was thrown quite literally out the house into the pouring rain.

“Niki!” I warn her, not wanting to start a fight.

“No, she's 17 Padge, do you realise, that's like doing it with a kid, it could be classed as rape Padge!” She screams as we stand in the hall everyone surrounding us, the thing was Niki wasn't making sense. Jay stared at her slightly confused, as did Matt, Moose was just laughing at the whole thing.

“She's fucking legal, I haven't pushed her into anything, Niki I really like her,” I try to reason with my friend but she wasn't having any of it.

“Padge SEVENTEEN! Do you not get how young that is, one years time fine but not until she's legal is she setting foot in this house!” I look to Jay who groans, sending me a sympathetic look.

“Why next year?” Matt speaks up a little confused.

“Niki she's legal,” I say again not sure she was getting this.

“How can she be she's 17,”

“Oh,”Taylor suddenly starts laughing but I wasn't finding any of this funny. “Niki different country different rules,”

“What?”

“Oh,” I smile understanding. “She's a consenting adult when she reaches 16 Niki, this isn't America,”

“That's madness!”

“Nicole you can't tell us you stayed a virgin till your 18th birthday!” Matt laughed as she flipped him off.

“This isn't about me! Him and that girl, it's wrong, he's old and she's young,”

“Thanks,” I mumble bitterly.

“You weren't to know, but for future reference, 16 you can legally do it!” He smirks at her, she just glares at him muttering something about should have told her first.

“I still don't agree with it,”

“What?” I stare at her.

“Padge she's too young,”

“I'll go get my girlfriend,” I mutter walking past her and out into the rain.


Meeting his band was a 100 times worse than meeting his parents. The band were pretty much his family, Taylor and Niki both very protective of their boys. And the boys to start with were quite critical but then soon changed to be the nicest people I'd ever met. They guys treated me like a little sister and best friend, Jay took the piss out of me constantly, Moose got me in more trouble than I needed and Matt well actually Matt was pretty decent to me.

I glanced at my phone as lights started flashing on it. A new message received. I slid it open again, wondering who would bother texting me at 10:30am while I was at college.
I opened it smiling as I realised it was from Padge.

Have a good day, miss you and love you lots.x
For the lead guitarist of a heavy metal band he did being cute really well. I smiled letting my mind drift back to the first time we'd said I love you to each other, a horrible day with a pretty perfect ending actually.


“RHIAN!” I stood on the steps looking both ways the down the street, but I needn't bother there sat under the window still in the pouring rain was Rhian. “Love,” I mutter walking down the steps and kneeling in front of her.

“She's right,” She whispers turning to me, her hair soaked, her clothes sticking to her pale skin, and her eyes red as tears mixed with rain drops on her cheeks.

“Rhian, she's not,” I mutter putting my arm round her and pulling her into my chest.

“I'm just a kid,”

“The smartest, most intelligent and mature kid I've ever met,” I smirk kissing her forehead, she looks up pouting at me.

“You think I'm a kid too,”

“Rhian you're 17, you're not a kid, maybe not an adult, in-between, but you're mature, you've got common sense, you're smart, and you're the most beautiful women I've ever seen,” I smile rubbing my thumb across her cheek removing smudged eye-liner and mascara. I couldn't help but chuckle as her cheeks blushed red and she bowed her head hiding her smile. “I want to be with you, nothing will stop that,”

“I want to be with you too,” She finally looks up running her finger tips down my cheek and neck stopping on at my chest right above my heart before looking up her eyes meeting with mine. “I,” she pauses chewing her lip, “I-I, love you,” she half whispers instantly looking away from me as I try to understand what she just said. “Sorry,” She whispers pulling away and going to stand up but it didn't quite work. My hand stayed linked with hers pulling her back to me.

“What did you just say?” I question as she shakes her head standing up as I do the same. “Rhian,” I whisper playing with the front strand of her hair. “Please, tell me,” I smile slightly as she stares at me finally getting my point.

She bites her lip, before smiling and looking up at me. “I love you,” She repeats with a little more confidence, I let go of her hands, my arms wrapping around her waist and linking at the back.

“I love you too,” I smile as she wraps her hands round my neck pressing her lips against mine, my tongue slid across her lower lip till she parted her mouth allowing me access. Her hands travelled upwards running through my hair, the rain pouring down on both of us, I pulled her closer before she jumped back hearing a banging on the window. “Bloody hell,” I whine staring at Taylor and Moose waving at us like mad people through the window. Rhian started laughing smiling at them both, they had accepted her no questions at all.

“Your friends are alright,” she smirks looking up at me.

“Yeah there something else,” I laugh placing my hand on her small of her back fiddling with the soaking wet t-shirt. “Niki didn't mean to scare you shit-less,”

“Oh really?”

“She's a nice person,”

“I'm sure she is,” Rhian smiles “Just protecting you, they all are Padge. You're important to them, and you're a close nit group, I can't except to come and just be accepted,” This girl had a talent of making perfect sense and being right half the time.

“Never let anyone tell you you're stupid,” I tell her, she flashes me a slightly confused glance, pressing my lips against her's. “Never let anyone put you down, cause you don't deserve it,” She smiles into the kiss pulling me closer to her. “And you're a lot more mature than people give you credit for,”

“That's not always a good thing,” she mumbles.

“You know what I mean,” she nods smirking slightly, running her finger tips through my now wet hair. “What?”

“You look hot,” she smirks as I role my eyes.

“I always do bitch, Come on let's go inside, before I look fucking cold,” She laughs at my lame comment, running up the stairs and gently knocking on the door, I smirked following her up as the door swung open revealing Niki glaring death at her.

“First time,” Rhian mumbles as she looks towards me walking through the front door as Niki threw a set of towels at us.

“You can use the bathroom, but don't do anything in there,” She threatens. I push Rhian up the stair,. hearing Moose shout, use protection. Rhian just laughs shaking her head as she wraps the towel over her shoulders.

“First time?” I question her as we reach the bathroom.

“That, we said that,” I smirk as she blushes slightly pushing the door open and walking in. “I love you,”

“Love you too,” I smile before going to shut the door, but something stops the door from shutting. My eyes gaze down to a red coverse clad foot.

“Taylor move you're bloody foot,” I groan opening the door to see Taylor and Matt standing their smirking like little kids. Matt never stopped hassling me about it, but I didn't care after a while it was true I did love her.


I hit reply on the phone sending a message back to Padge.
Niki just invited me to girls night in, should I be worried? Love you morex

I sighed turning back to my maths book, flicking through the notes. The problem with Padge and I, was I got easily distracted and wrapped up in the little Padge and Rhian world forgetting about everything else. When it came to me revising for maths or text Padge, sadly Maths could not come first.

Be afraid, very afraid gorgeous. Go you'll have fun, I'm out with the boys 2nite. +Not possible, I love you more than you knowx

A smile spread across my face, not able to hide how happy he made me. Maybe I should go this girls night in thing, I got on with Taylor and if Niki drinks she's a lot easy to get on with, she forgets I'm 17 and treats me normally.

Hey Niki, tonight sounds good. Do I need to bring anything? x

“Okay 6thform, time to pack up,” The study leader shouted just as the bell went. I sighed stuffing as much stuff as possible into my bag before trailing off towards the common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well done to anyone who made it to the end of that chapter but its kind of needed cause otherwise well it would be a bit of a odd story.
Niki made me realise something, and i wanna say, this story is very personal (not because im fucking padge from bfmv....fuck would i be writing this if i was???no, i'd have better things to do!), there might be a few people who can relate to this story as well.
Anyway opinions are welcome, i dont care if only one person reads it, but unlike every other story i wont moan about that, i will finish it, and i will be happy with it.
x