I Saw Her Standing There

Teenagers

“Sarah!”

“Stranger!” She laughed as I shouted at her through the common room. “Where the fuck have you been?”

“No where special,” I smile sitting down on the chair next to her. Her eyes scanned over me trying to work out where'd I had been.

“You ditched us for him didn't you?” She pouted making me laugh.

“Maybe,” I smile as our friends tuned into our convocation.

“For who?” Hue asked, I shock my head but Sarah decided to explain for me.

“Her boyfriend!”

“You have a boyfriend?” Sam checked he heard right. “As in real boyfriend?”

“Yes,” I nod smiling slightly. “Is that difficult to understand?” I joke as he smirks.

“A little bit your so tame and quiet and you have a boyfriend we don't know about?” He questions again. Sam was lovely most of the time, completely gay, but lovely and everyone's best friend; loves a good party, shopping or night in watching films. Hue had his similarities but also his differences he was completely straight, loves women, lives for parties, sex and rugby. “So what's he like?” He asks excitedly. “Is he cute?” Hue groaned putting his head in his hands, Sarah just pattered his head sympathetically.

“Watch the hair!”

“I was being supportive!” She snaps rolling her eyes.

“Ignore them, talk to me!” Sam whines grabbing my hands.

“Okay his names Padge,”

“Padge?” he screws his nose up. “Why?”

“Nickname, his last names Paget,” Sam just nods waiting for more details on him. “Average height, a little taller than me I guess, broad shoulders but kinda slim, long brown hair, strange scruffy goatee thing going on, blue eyes, he's just really lovely,” Sam smiles at me nodding.

“Aww he sounds perfect for you, so he's at college?”

“Nope,”

“Working?”

“Yeah, he's in a band,” Hue actually laughed at me, though I knew that was coming, Hue was very critical.

“In a band?” He questions trying to control his pathetic laughter. “Rhian have you lost your mind?”

“No,” I pause staring at him. “It's still mostly there, why does it matter?”

“He's not at college but in a band? What a waste of life! Rhian guys from band want one thing!” He says as if he was any better, Hue didn't even know Padge. “You of all people are better than that, don't waste your time,” I looked at him before shaking my head.

“He's not like that,”

“Whatever you say,” He mutters turning back to concentrate on the pretty blonde who paid him all the attention. I just rolled my eyes, what did he know?

“Don't worry about him,” Sarah smiles supportively, Sam nodded in agreement.

“I'm sure this guy is good enough for you, if he isn't we'll kill him!”

“What with straighteners and eyeliner?” Sarah mocks him getting a kick in the shin. “Ow! Bitch!”

“Oh bring it on!!” The two of them start one of their many little comical fights. We spent the morning acting like this it was normal, the four of us got on like a house on fire, but that didn't stop the arguments. It also meant that we looked out for each, and thought we knew what was best, sadly no one ever agreed.

Hue didn't talk to me for most of the day, in fact the whole of maths we sat in silence and actually did the work needed. Yay for doing the work, but I really wanted to talk to one of my best friends, he was the exact opposite of me but we got on so well, I didn't want to lose him.

“Hue?”

“Yeah?” He didn't look up from his work just carried on writing.

“You're angry with me,”

“No, just amazed at your stupidity,” I huffed in annoyance, why was he so fucking stubborn.

“You don't know the whole story,” Hue looked at me raising his eyebrows.

“Oh well I'm sorry what's the whole story? Let's here all about this guy then,” I shrug not really sure what the whole story was. “Where did you meet him?”

“He comes in to the music shop,”

“Could have guessed,” Hue snaps back.

“Oh come on you dated the girl that came into the newsagents all the time!”

“That's different,”

“How?”

“Don't worry, okay so his name, where's he live, who does he hang out with, is he gonna go to uni? What's he got planned for the rest of his life?” I rolled my eyes.

“Padge or Michael, he lives in a house his uncle owns, hangs out with his band mainly, no one you'd know, uni I doubt it muchly! And his band there going to be big,”

“Oh for fuck sake Rhian!” Hue laughed shaking his head. “You aren't this stupid surely?”

“A guy who isn't going to uni, and thinks his bands gonna get big, what is wrong with you? He's just gonna wait for you to get your job and live off you,”

“He won't,” I say firmly. “There off on tour in a few weeks,”

“Tour?”

“This band would I know them?”

“Doubtful,” I mutter turning back to my own work, I wanted to make peace but he was just making it harder.

“So there a new up and coming band?”

“Kind of, there signed, and-”

“Signed at 18?” Shit. I just nod, I couldn't very well go no there actually more 24-26. “Okay so what if the band doesn't happen, he's got no college no uni stuff,”

“He's got college stuff,” I mutter regretting that as well. Hue raised his eyebrows.

“You said-” He paused staring at me. “How old is this boyfriend of yours?” I bite my lip noticing the anger in Hue rise. He had a short temper, quite a violent person and strong, he was great in rugby but a bit of a danger else where. “Rhian?”

“26,”

“You what?” He snarled making everyone turn to us.

“Please don't,” I whisper trying to duck away from the attention.

“Hue, Rhian, is their a problem?” Our maths teacher turned on us, I shock my head and Hue just shrugged. “Are you sure? Well I'd prefer if you carried on with the work then,” Hue glared at me before turning back to his text book.

“You're out of your mind,” He muttered as I ignored his comments. He wasn't going to let me explain myself, he wouldn't listen to me, why should I listen to him? “What have you and 26 year old got in common?”

“Could you just drop it?”

“No! For fuck sake, you're one of my best friends, I'm only trying to help you see,” He snaps back, both of us keeping it the whispers, he had some respect for my privacy I guess.

“Help me see what?”

“Oh come on you're not that sheltered, what would a 26 year old be doing with a 17 year old?” He raised his eyebrows. “Fuck this 17 year old would have to be something special, she'd either been a challenger or I'd really have gone crazy,”

I'm a challenge to him?

“Rhian?” I looked up to Hue had stopped whispering harshly at me and was packing his stuff away. “What's wrong?”

“Nothing,” I shake my head grabbing my bag and stuffing the maths book in it wanting for the bell to go so much quicker. “What?” I notice Hue still staring at me.

“Your doubting him,” I role my eyes walking away as the bell goes and leaving Hue alone, I couldn't deal with this right now, my life seemed to go from one disaster to another. “Rhian!” I groaned not believing he was actually following me. “Stop being so fucking stubborn!”

“Only when you stop being so bloody close minded!”

“Rhian I'm looking out for you!”

“Why?”

“Because you and Sarah are like my sisters, you can only have the best!” I sighed looking at Hue.

“I promise you he is one of the best,” Hue shrugged with a little shake of his head.

“God I hope you're right Rhian, because I don't want you to end up in tears,”

“I-” But I didn't bother finishing my sentence because Hue walked off the opposite way. “Fine!” I whine pathetically as someone's hand rests on my shoulder.

“You okay Ducky? Looking a bit blue,”

“Hue thinks he needs to look out for me!”

“Oh fuck is he off on the older brother trip then?” I nod as she smiles slightly looking towards the canteen. “Shall we get cake?”

“Cake sounds good,” I nod as we walk off towards the food hall. “How long will this older brother thing last?”

“Dunno, till he realises you're happy, or,” She pauses smiling at me.

“Or?”

“Never! You are doomed forever! He will never give in!” She screams dramatically flinging her hands up in the air.

“Ladies a little less drama in the corridors please!” A teacher shouts at us as the two of us burst into laughter.

“Oh Sam, me, and a few people are planning on going down side walk tonight, there's a band playing, I thought you could bring people as well?” She questioned kind of delicately placed it as well.

“Yeah that sounds like an idea,” I smile slightly as she nods.

“We kinda want to meet him, cause we're really nosey!” I just laughed. “And you owe me because I cover for you two all the time! I should at least get to meet the man you are dumping me for!” She pouts pathetically as we get food from the canteen.

“I guess so! I can ask him, Taylor and Niki might be interested, I dunno I'll ask,”

“Good plan ducky, it'll be fun!”

“Is Hue coming?” I question as Sarah just shrugs. “Have you asked him?”

“Sam and I were going to but it's kind of up to you on this one,” I just nod, I couldn't not ask him he was one of our best friends but he wasn't exactly in the best mood withus me at the moment.

“We should ask him,” Sarah nods, “You can do that though!”

“Yeah I'll get Sam to, he has a way with persuading him to do things, I think its cause Hues intimidated by him!” We both laugh, there was a private joke about Hue and Sam, we never let that slip.

Padge's POV
I walked into the cafe in the centre of town where the guys were meeting Taylor and Niki for lunch, not expecting the get hurled abuse at as soon as I sat down.

“You ever upset her that much again and I will castrate you,” Taylor grows kicking me hard in the shins as she sat opposite me.

“You'll never get what you want then!” Niki adds glaring daggers at me.

“What?”

“You know exactly what!” She snapped at me as Jay sat a little away from her as if she was going to explode, I wouldn't put it past her, she's done it before. “How could you upset her that much?”

“She was drunk!” I whine pathetically not realising that was going to make it ten times worse.

“That isn't an excuse, you were feeding her as much alcohol as we were!” I groan just holding my hands up in surrender, I didn't want to deal with this. “That's your problem!” She carries on as Jay smirks at me, probably glad its not him getting the shit! “You just give up, don't give up with-”

“I will never give up on Rhian,” I growl surprising even myself. “I love her, okay now can we drop this?” Both girls nodded turning to their boyfriends as Moose and I ordered food and drinks.

“So tonight are we going?” Matt asked as me, looking up from his food, I shrugged.

“We can do,”

“Going where?” Taylor enquired staring towards her boyfriend who was about to answer with a mouthful of food but she glared at him. “Don't talk with your mouth full,” She muttered, the rest of us sniggering as Moose muttered whipped.

“A gig down at side walk, Rhian's going, some of her friends,”

“And she invited us,” Matt adds as he noticed Niki about to question it. “So its not as if we're just hanging with a load of kids,” Taylor must have kicked him quite hard. “Bloody hell women what the fuck was that for,”

“Speaking,”

“I didn't have anything in my mouth!”

“I never said you did,” She mutters rolling her eyes and looking towards me. “We'll come,”

“Yeah I'll come down,” Moose adds as we look to Jay and Niki.

“Oh okay we'll come!” Niki groans.

“You don't have to,”

“But we're going to,” Jay says simply smiling at his girlfriend, I could understand why she didn't really want to go, I wasn't sure I wanted to either. Surrounded by people a lot younger than me, I know they were my girlfriends best friends, but that didn't mean it wouldn't be awkward.

I slipped my phone out of my pocket to text Rhian back. My fingers easily gliding over the keys, typing my message, and then finding her number. It was probably sad that I knew exactly where to find it in the phone book, you know, the amount of times to press down before I got to her name,.

We'll come tonight, have a gd rest of the day. Are we meeting mine or at the club?xxx

I pressed send and just sat back in the chair listening to everyone else's chatter. Mainly about the Kerrang tour, it was the next big thing for us, the album about to be realised was going to help even more. But it meant leaving Bridgend, it meant spending time away from everyone we loved here, not that we weren't excited about this; it was just different. The tour was 6 weeks, of touring uk and Ireland, nothing big, but still a headlining tour.

Club? Cause I'm meeting up with Sarah, and I need to get ready. 7:30 sound okay? xxx

“Okay guys 7:30 at side walk, that sound good?” Everyone answered with “yes” or some kind of grunt, since most had food stuffed in their mouths.

“We're not gonna be the only people there are we?” Moose questioned as I shrugged.

“She said it was some local band, so I don't know,”

“Doesn't matter, it'll be good to see local shit, we've not seen anything in a while,” Matt smiled. Everyone nodded in agreement with Matt, it was true we hadn't seen much local stuff in a while, mainly because of how busy we were getting. When they talk about things really taking off for bands and then the bands never have their lives back, they were dead right. I could already feel my freedom slipping away from me, my time with Rhian slowly would disappear, would my life last through all this?

“Fuck this place hasn't changed,” Matt muttered as the six of us walked into the club, lights were up at the moment as a band was setting up on the stage at the front, we hadn't been in here in years. The place was still a little shabby, but it gave the same welcoming feel it always did.

I gazed around trying to notice my girlfriend, a group of men stood at the back laughing at talking to each other a few girls hanging around, another group were around the bar, and finally standing near the stage like all groups off teenagers did was Rhian. She looked as gorgeous as ever, or in my opinion she did, in a simple black denim mini skirt showing off her long legs, and a black and red tank top clinging to her figure. She was standing next to another girl about the same height and slim, with bright blue hair and a pair of tight jeans and a black skinny top with “Make love not war” written in bright green, her wrists covered in an array of bracelets and a pair of converse covering her feet. I took a wild guess saying the slightly too happy looking girl had to be Sarah, and I half remembered her from the shop, so it had to be. Standing with them were a few more guys and girls, this was the thing stopping me from going over.

“What ya drinking?” I gazed towards Matt who stared at me waiting for an answer.

“Magners,” He nodded walking off as Taylor moved towards me.

“You've been dating for a while, you can't just pretend she's invisible!” I glare at her about to say something but Sarah caught my gaze. She pointed towards me nudging Rhian with her hip, Rhian looked over and smiled brightly at me. She'd been drinking.

“Padge!”

“Rhian!” I mock as I open my arms hugging her tightly. “So how much have you drank?” I question as she looks up smirking slightly.

“Three wkd's that's all,” I just nodded, she was only tipsy, I loved her like this though she was cute.

“One magners, and one wkd for the lady,” I groaned at Matt who just smirked handing Rhian a drink, must have seen her at the bar, the guys were not good at understanding she shouldn't be drinking.

“Aww!!! Thank you Mattie!”

“Welcome!” He smirks wrapping his arm round Taylor. Like Rhian needed more alcohol.

“I want you to meet people,” Rhian smiled sweetly at me as I nodded sipping my drink. “Only take a while,”

“It's fine,” Now I know how Rhian felt when I forced her into meeting the guys and Taylor and Niki. She smiled leaning in and pressing her soft lips against mine as she linked hands with me. Moose stuck his thumbs up in some kinda supportive idea that it would be all okay as I walked towards the group with Rhian, looking back at my own friends who mostly smirked.

Sarah was the first to turn round smiling brightly at me as she noticed us walking towards her.

“Padge this is Sarah, Sarah this-” Rhian didn't finish as Sarah smiled brightly and started talking.

“Ah the boyfriend who has stolen my best friend away! You do realise I never get to see her anymore, and have to listen to all these stories about you!” She says quite seriously as my eyes go wide and Rhian just laughs.

“Sarah shut up!”

“No I'm serious this girl does not shut up, you're like some kind of god,” I smirked looking down at Rhian who groaned resting her head against my shoulder. “Seriously she's on cloud nine most of the time!” Sarah adds.

“Did ya make her blush?” I gazed up as a guy turned into our convocation.

“Yep! I'm amazing!” Sarah laughed doing some kind of victory dance with this guy.

“Padge this is Sam, Sam, Padge,” Rhian pointed as I held my hand out to shake this other guys hand, what I presumed he was going to do, instead he pulled me into some kind of man hug. I was not ready for that.

“He ain't bad!” This Sam guy laughed looking me up and down with a smirk, “But the-” He paused doing some kind of hand gesture to show the goatee. “Not a fan,” I rolled my eyes, who was he to judge. “Imagine having or-”

“Enough!” Rhian shouted at him,he and Sarah dissolving into fits of laughter, I just smirked obviously they were trying to embarrass Rhian as much as possible. “And that,” She added pointing to a guy leaning against the barrier, a thin blonde girl wrapped around his body, the pair making out. “That's Hue, he's a man whore,” She said simply as Sarah and Sam both nodded in agreement.

“He's fucked more girls than motely crue put together,” Sarah smiled gazing over at him. “Though he's a lovely person,” I just nodded watching the guy, he really wasn't what I imagined these lot to be best friends with.

“He thinks you're using me, like I'm some bet or some kind of challenge” Rhian whispers. Well he's a great one to talk about using girls, I already had a dislike for this guy. “We're not exactly talking at the moment,” I nodded looking down at Rhian. “But when he realises you're not, he'll be okay,”

To be honest he had a point, from the outside looking in, someone might think I was just using her. 26 year old dates 17year old, that's not a good look.

But honestly it's not any of his fucking business.

“Oh Rhian come dance!” I just laughed not expecting my girlfriend to even consider dancing in this club, I got the shock of my life when she let go of me and her and Sarah walked through the the other room. Sam must have noticed my shock because he just laughed at me.

“When she's drinking, she dances!” He smirks at me.

“So I see,”

“By the way, Hue can be a cock at times, but he's just protective of Rhian and Sarah, he's barks worse than his bite!”

“I'm sure it is,” I muttered watching this guy, he reminded me of the normal 17 year old rugby player who liked girls, he wasn't any better than a 17 year old guitar player.

“Hey she left you already?” I turned as Jay appeared at my side smirking slightly.

“She's dancing,” He nodded slightly. My eyes flickered over to where Rhian was, the smile growing on my face, I couldn't help thinking about fucking her. I couldn't help it, I wanted her, it was so simple and it was starting to drive me mad not being able to have her.

“Yeah Taylor and Niki buggered off as well,” Jay brought me out of my thoughts, he was looking around the group of people Rhian had been with. “Are you making friends?”

“Fuck off,” I mutter noticing the smirk on his lips grow. “They're her friends I'm meant to be nice to them, she's always nice to mine, but,” I paused realising I was just standing around these kids. “Doesn't mean I have to stay here,” I groan taking a gulp of my drink and walking back to my own friends, at least I had something in common with these people.

We spent most of the night in the middle of the club watching the bands, the crowd was pretty mixed, teenagers at the front and then people our age milling around the rest of the floor. Rhian spent quite a bit of time with her friends, I had no complaints, they only brought out the best in her.

“PADGE!”

“Oh holy crap!” I mock Rhian, as she screams my name over the music, walking back towards me.

“Lost you!” She says simply, this was the last band of the night, and I had to admit they were bloody good. Actually a lot of the bands had been good, there was quite a mix, from heavy metal to Ska.

“Damn you found me!”

“Hey!” She laughed turning back to face the stage, my arms wrapped around her waist pulling body back into mine.

“Having fun?” She nodded leaning her head back to see my face.

“You?”

“Of course,” I smiled as she moved her head back up to watch the band on stage. My hands fell to rest on her hips, just where the fabric of her top was rising, my thumbs pressed against her bare skin moving in little circles. Just being able to touch her would have to keep me happy tonight.

The band on stage only had a few songs left, and Rhian had lost interest, though I wasn't going to complain. Her attention had turned to me, her lips pressed against mine as we moved to the edge of the club, away from the crowds. I'd been social all evening, I was allowed five minutes with my girlfriend, surely?

“Hey dude are you ready?” Obviously I'm mistaken. Rhian groaned her eyes fluttering open to meet my gaze. I slowly pulled away turning to Matt who was with Taylor.

“Give me a few minutes,”

“Alright, we're walking?” I nod turning back to Rhian who just smiled.

“I have to go home, my parents aren't impressed with me disappearing every so often!” She added leaning up to kiss me again. “Apparently I'm never home,”

“That is true,” She raised her eyebrows. “Not that I'm complaining, I wouldn't mind have you all the time,” Even in the club there was the tell tale signs she was blushing, her head dipped slightly. “Love you,” I smirked, there was something that made me so happy I could bring this side out of her, being able to make her blush.

“I love you too!”

“Rhian for the love of my sanity put him down!” Rhian giggled as Sarah waved at her.

“What sanity?”

“Oh bitch! I have to say that hurt!” She pouted, I had to admit this girl was pretty fucking cool, her eyes travelling across the two of us. “I'll meet you outside, if we're still going that way or are you two?”

“No I'm coming,” Rhian smiled as Sarah nodded being followed by Sam and some other people, I noted that the Hue guy had disappeared already. “I've really got to go,”

“I know,” I sigh kissing her again linking my hands with hers, and walking her out of the club. “I'm out tomorrow night, but I catch you on the weekend?”

“Sounds like a plan batman,” She smiled up at me as we reached the cold outside both sets of friends on different sides of the clubs. “I will see you later then,”

“Later babe,” I smiled dipping my head to capture my lips against hers.

“Freezing my fucking nuts off Padgie boy! Hurry up!” Rhian laughed into the kiss pulling away and smiling up at me.

“I'll see you later,” I just nodded letting go of her hand and watching Sarah grab her arm, the pair skipping off down the road.

“Explain to me exactly how much she drank tonight!” Niki mocks as I role my eyes walking back between Niki and Moose. “She's fun when drunk!”

“So we still up from tomorrow night?” Matt questioned as we reached Niki and Jay's house first, where he'd left his car.

“Yeah sounds good, in Cardiff centre?”

“Yeah, its students night tonight, so Thursday should be a bit better, hopefully!” Taylor added as we discussed the finer details of what we were going to do tomorrow night. “So is Rhian defiantly not coming?”

“No, she doesn't have ID, and can't really afford more time out apparently,” I mutter as Taylor nods.

“Fair enough, have to admit at 17 I was the same,” Matt raised his eyebrows, as Taylor shrugged. “Fucking whole town had nothing to do, if I didn't work my ass off I wouldn't have got out of there!”

“Hard to believe such a sexy bitch was a real geek!” Niki mocks earning a slap from Taylor as the two started bitching. “Oh you love it!” I couldn't help but smile at the pair. Jay and Matt finally having enough and pulling their girlfriends away for each other. They got to spend the rest of the evenings with their girlfriends, wake up tomorrow morning with a beautiful girlfriend wrapped up in their arms. I wasn't jealous because they had a girlfriend, so did I, I was ready for more of a commitment.
I paused as that thought ran through my head, actually laughing at myself, me commitment? I was dating a 17 year old, and the idea of commitment was running through my head, I think it was the alcohol talking.

Everyone said their goodbyes I started my walk home, declining lift from Matt, Moose and I both walked. I had a 10 minute walk maximum back to mine, fresh air would clear my mind, hopefully.
I flicked my phone open it going off as soon as I reached my house. Must have been how long it took Rhian and Sarah to make it home, or wherever they were staying tonight.

Thanks for coming tonight, meant a lot. Night love.xxx

I sighed shutting the door behind me and trailing up the stairs, debating whether or not to text her back. Typing the phrase, hey babe, and then realised I had no idea what to say ended the debate for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why has the snow gone???? =(
I want the snow back........even if my freaking college was 1 of the only three to stay bloody open!!! seriously they'll never shut for anything....
Anyway. Thanks for reading. x