The Light and Dark

Dark Blasts from Anger

Kali was driving home, trying to remember exactly where Meira wanted to meet. She wasn't quite sure how she was going to find her... but at the moment her main focus was trying to come up with an excuse for why she was going to be gone for a little while. Kali wasn't exactly sure if she could call Meira her 'friend', for she barely knew her. The only reason she would call her that is because they both had just received certain powers over light and darkness. If it wasn't for that, neither of them would have given the other one a second thought.

"Hey, you're home! Where's the grocery bags?" Mom asked when Kali walked in the house. Just then Kali remembered the soda she left lying on the floor. She could have slapped myself.

"The store didn't have what I was looking for. But mom, I ran into a... friend, there. And we, um... wanted to go hang out." Kali said, that was the most honest thing she'd be able to tell her mom. What else was there to say? Something like 'Hey, mom? I ran into someone at the store who can control the power of light while I can control darkness! We want to go train together in some forest. So I'll be back in a couple of hours!' Yeah... she wasn't going to say that. Her mom though looked stunned. Kali didn't have to be a mind reader to know what was going on through her head, Did she say friend?!.

"Umm... OK! How long will you be gone?" She asked, seeming excited that Kali had gotten a friend to hang out with. Kali glanced at the clock.

"Around three to four." She said. Her mom nodded, a smile on her face.

"Well, OK! I guess I'll go out, too. I'll cya later! O, wait, you still need to eat!" Her mom said, twisting around before leaving. Kali nodded, she was hungry... she figured she'll just be a little late.

Meira was waiting eagerly on a log for Kali. Meira loved this forest, and this was her favorite spot to sit on. She told Kali where the forest was, and all she would have to do is look for the light. At the moment, Meira had each of her finger tips touching each other as she lit up the palm of her hands. This took practice, and her strong light would become dimmer every few seconds.

"OW!" Kali's voice rang through Meira's ears as she sat up. Kali had tripped on a log and was now facing the floor. Meira couldn't help but laugh.

"Do you not like nature too much, then?" Meira asked. Kali looked up like she had just been insulted.

"For your information, I spend most of my free time surrounded by a forest! Just because I tripped on a log does not mean I don't like nature! We'd have a dog if..." Kali voice trailed off. Meira frowned, not sure she should know the ending to that sentence. But she looked at Kali's jeans more closely. Permanent grass stains had settled into her pants at the knees, also holes looked like they were growing there. Her shoes had dried mud on them, as well. She did look like an outdoors girl.

"OK, show me what you can do!" Kali demanded. Meira laughed, and looked at her palm. She didn't want to destroy a tree, maybe if she struck the ground it would have less effect... Meira aimed her hand towards the floor a little far away from her and Kali. She focused and stood still for two minutes, gathering all energy until her hand was shaking. With a little more concentration of what she wanted to do, she could...

A powerful blast erupted out of her palm as she was thrown backwards. The blast of light slammed into the ground, sending the sound of thunder throughout the forest as there was a quick feeling of an earthquake. Meira sat up, looking at the blast. There was a huge gap inside the Earth where steam was rising. Meira could not believe that her blast had that much power!

“Holy crap…” Kali muttered after she got back up to her feet.

“Yeah… that’s pretty much it.” Meira said, standing up as well with Kali’s help.

“Pretty much it? Dude you blew the ground to bits! You could kill a person with that…” Kali’s impressed tone left on the last sentence.

“Well, what can you do?” Meira asked. Kali shrugged.

“I already told you, summon up dark matter and control it. It’s not much, but I wonder…” Kali’s voice trailed off as she looked at the huge hole in the ground.

“How did you do that?” She asked. Meira thought hard.

“Well, I can feel energy, different energy, flowing through me. If I concentrate completely on light and move the energy to my hands it’ll quickly blast out of me.” Meira said, thinking. She assumed that she explained that well enough…

“Well, move out of the way, I’m gonna try…” Kali said. Meira guessed that she was going to focus on darkness or shadows this time.

In a few minutes, a loud blast was heard. A blast filled with dark matter flew out of Kali’s hand and slammed itself into the ground. This blast, believe it or not, was more powerful than Meira’s. It did not just leave a hole. There was a hole five feet long and wide, but the ground had cracked and shattered for many more feet around it. You couldn’t see the hole at all because there was so much smoke emerging from it. Not only that, but the impact wasn’t what sent Meira flying off her feet but it was the blast out of Kali’s palm (which knocked Kali many yards back).

They both stood up yet again and stared at the hole, Meira was beyond ‘impressed’.
“O… my… Gosh…” She said, then she looked up at Kali, “How did you make it so powerful?” Kali immediately became uncomfortable.

“I just, got a little angry.” Kali muttered. Meira frowned and looked down. What did she mean, get a little angry?

“I can tell you’re confused. I just thought about someone, in particular…” Kali said, staring at the ground. Meira nodded, understanding now, but she was still curious who. Of course she knew better not to ask.

“Well, let’s see what else we can do.” Kali said, desperately wanting to change the subject.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had fun writing this chapter! I love how new they are to their powers and are always getting knocked off their feet. Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the chapter... lolz, :D