The Light and Dark

Enough Light

"Hello?" Kali answered before the first ring was finished. Meira raised her eyebrows, Kali must have been eager to talk to her.

"Um, hey Kali. Listen, about before-"

"Don't worry about it. I've already forgotten. But I really need to talk to you about something." Kali said. Meira listened intently to her story of falling from the sky, landing behind McDonalds and meeting Luna. The girl who saw everything. Meira was speechless when Kali was finished. She heard a sigh on Kali's end of the phone.

"It was an accident..." Kali muttered. Meira closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Yeah, I know that! Don't feel bad, it's just that I think I know Luna. Was her real name Danielle?" Meira asked. Kali said 'mmhm'.

"And did she have short black hair with a black jacket with bunny ears on the hood?" Meira asked.

"Yeah..." Kali said. Her voice was barely more than a whisper.

"Yeah, I know her. She sits a table behind me in lunch, and she's in the freshmen choir." Meira said.

"You're in choir?" Kali asked.

"Yeah, I am. But this might turn into an issue..." Meira muttered. Kali (even though Meira couldn't see) frowned.

"How?" She asked.

"Well, I'm assuming you're going to be sitting by me at lunch from now on. And we have a class together. It's an art class, and Luna sits at my table. She'll be able to recognize your pale, shaded eye face." Meira said. Kali was silent for about a minute.

"...thanks." She said sarcastically, even though she was secretly smiling. It was easy to tell this over the phone. Meira smiled too.

"But even if she does recognize me, what'll that mean? She can't tell people what she saw unless she wants to end up in an insane asylum!" Kali argued. Meira sighed.

"Yeah... you're right there. But still, we need to be very careful now. Our secret is out, really, our only hope on keeping it a secret is that Luna can keep her mouth shut." Meira said, lowering her voice at the end of the sentence. Kali glanced down to the floor and held her gaze there.

"Well, tomorrow's school. Are you-" Meira started, but she heard a beeping that told her that she was getting a call. Meira glanced at her phone and saw that it was Tail. She faught groaning.

"Hey, I've got another call. I'll cya tomorrow, OK?" Meira said quickly. Kali sighed.

"Yeah... tomorrow... school... all right..." Kali said, and then hung up. Meira quickly hit the green button to answer Tail's call, but she hung up.

Meira sighed and glanced out to the window. Yes, Kali was a great person. A great friend. But why should her new friendship with Kali weaken and possibly -after a while- destroy the friendship with Tailynn? Meira couldn't help but question why she couldn't make a balance!

Pressing her fingers together, she created a small light in her already lit room. Why can't I find enough light for each friendship?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, and sorry for any mistakes. I didn't have much time to edit...