The Light and Dark

The Other Realm

Meira wandered through a mist, unaware of anything. She knew nothing, she was nothing, she saw, heard, and felt nothing. Only light remained in her lost mind.

Slowly, images began to appear. She became aware of what she was seeing but nothing else. Memories of a girl who referred to herself as Kali, and another girl named Tailynn. There was someone else, but Meira had hardly known her. Her name was Luna.

Memories of family followed. Her life flashed before Meira’s eyes until she remembered who she was. She became aware of the eyelids of her soul. Meira opened her eyes to find Kali lying next to her. They were not standing on anything; maybe they were not even lying down but lying up, or floating in the mist. There was no ground, space, or matter of any sort.

Kali and Meira’s eyes opened in harmony until they realized who they were staring at. This peaceful moment could not be disturbed by the thoughts of the old life, where they once were. They were only here, now, the old life where their destiny lay had yet to affect their essence.


“Light…” Kali whispered.

“Dark…” Meira replied. They smiled kindly at each other but remained silent as the images of life continued to flow through their mind.

A conscious, a being of some sort touched both their souls though they could not see.


Kali, Meira It said, Remember… remember those you love. Remember your life… remember your purpose. Abderus and Ceyx will gain power until the end of days. They will rule all. Remember your life.

The dark will combine with the light. Both creation and devastation will be made.

Kali and Meira watched as two orbs continued to circle each other. One of black, the other white. Awareness dawned on them.

You must return. The voice said. Kali and Meira frowned as they remembered. Abderus and Ceyx, Luna and Tail, their separate families. They remembered their other lives, one they were not yet meant to leave. They were not meant to be torn from that reality, they had to return, they had to return.

The light will combine with the dark.

Instantly, Kali and Meira felt overwhelmed with the feeling of love for their old life and those in it.


“We have to save them!” Kali muttered, determined to not allow Luna’s life to be torn away from her as Kali’s was. Meira felt the same for Tail. They both knew that it would not end there. Love would die if they could not protect it

“Our families…” Meira whispered, Kali nodded in agreement.

The Light will touch the Dark, and both life and death will result. You will return and live your lives The conscious said before fading out of existence of this strange realm.

Kali and Meira watched at The Light and Dark moved in until they touched.


They both inhaled in the same moment, feeling their lungs and their body around them. Their hearts pounded, their muscles flexed, and they had entered the forest again. They were both lying on the ground, Kali’s ribs had been healed and Meira was full of energy again. They both felt the light and dark coursing through them. They were ready, and they were alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
The conscious that spoke to Kali and Meira is not supposed to be any specific thing. What I think of it is different from what you (being any who are reading this from beginning to end and have enjoyed reading it) think it was. The main things are God, the old praesidium, or maybe a conscious formed from The Light and Dark, or whatever. It's whatever you see it as.