The Light and Dark

No Explanations

"Mei, what is that on yours hands?" Dian asked Meira at nine 'o clock, pulling on her hand to get her out of bed. Meira moaned, her dream was still in her head. It was strange... much more different than her usual dreams. It was one where a girl with short black hair that was pointed in all directions was at a lake, staring in wonder as every shadow and peice of darkness gathered above the lake and shot at her with a powerful blast. The amazing thing was... she didn't even look afraid. Not until she was knocked into the street, anyway.

Meira hadn't once had a dream as weird as that once in her life.

And that girl, she looked so... familiar... only Meira didn't get a clear veiw of her face. Why did she look so familiar? Suddenly Meira remembered her little brother, tugging violently at her arm.

"Me-ee-eeiiiii-RAH!" He whined, "What is this on your haa-aa-aannd!?"

Meira yanked her hand back when she realized what Dian was talking about.

"I-It's nothing! What do you want, D? I'm tired..." Meira mumbled.

"I want you to play with me! You're the only one of the family who's a challenge at Super Smash Brothers Brawl!" Dian said. Meira smiled. She did love that game.

"OK. Just let me get dressed." Meira said. Dian laughed in excitment and scurried away down the stairs.

Meira pulled herself out of bed and immediately put on two of her most favorite white gloves. They went up to her elbows, so they would definately cover her strange palms. She slipped a navy blue and white T-shirt with jeans. The gloves matched, so there would luckily be no questions as to why she was wearing them.

Meira slid down the stair railing, surprisingly in a good mood even after what happened. The power of light... was that possible? Could she really hold the power over light? After what happened last night, anything seemed possible.

"Mei! C'mon, play with me!" Dian said excitedly as Meira walked into their game room. She always felt so spoiled when she was in this room.

"OK, OK. You know I call Zelda." Meira said. (For all those who play Brawl on Wii, Meira never ever used Sheik. Only Zelda. And she demolished all players with her. Dian was Sonic most of the time).

They played for several minutes, even hours. Dian never won once. It was when he gave up when he asked Meira about her hands again.

"O, it was nothing. I just got bored last night and drew a little diamond. I washed it off." Meira explained, even though she herself had absolutely no explanations for her strange hands. She had one, but she was having troubles accepting it. How could she? A supernatural power? Over light? Did it make any sense?

Then again, did the fact that a shooting star was thrown at her and she caught it make any sense? No. It didn't. So instead she decided that maybe she should accept it. Why not? It was... she guessed she could call it cool. But, that seemed childish. In a way.

"Well, let's play again! I've been training, and I know that I can TOTALLY whoop you if I use Link!" Dian exclaimed, jumping up and down as he grabbed the Wii remotes once more.

Meira broke her record of winning the game in under a minute.

Dian threw down the Wii remote and stormed out. Meira sighed and shook her head, checking the Wii remotes to make sure they weren't broken. She couldn't help but feel that he really needed to grow up and not take the game so seriously. Of course she would never let such mean words leave her mind just to hurt those she loved.

The remote was fine, so Meira put it back up on the shelf next to the Wii itself and left the room, her mind obviously back on her power. If she had a power, of course. She still had trouble swallowing this so called 'impossible' possibility.

Meira needed time alone. Away from all her siblings and her parents that would soon wake up. She called her other year older brother than her downstairs. Meira told him that she was going to go and take a walk. He nodded once without another word and ran back upstairs. Meira sighed. Their house was so huge, she always asked herself what she had ever done to deserve this beautiful house.

Meira was gone in the next second, keeping her gloves on as she planned to go outside to a little pond not too far off. She wanted to see what she could do.