The Light and Dark

Controlling Light

Meira was kneeling before the pond, staring at her reflection. The sun was shining brightly, it's reflection brighter than ever. Meira knew she could get it to shine brighter, just like that lamp!

Meira slowly lowered her hand until it was a centimeter from the perfectedly still water. She concentrated harder than ever, [i[c'mon! she thought after ten minutes had passed, you can! Just, focus!.

And her mind was off, picturing nothing but light. She could feel an energy, a force or something in her hands, desperately wanting to burst out of her hands. But nothing happened. She sighed with frustration, pulling her hand away and slumping backwards.

She stared up at the sky, and at the sun. It was strange, being able to stare at it and not have to worry about your eyes being damaged. You could see it so clearly... you could see the patterns of gas, lava and fire from the mighty star when its blinding light wasn't in your eyes.

The sun!

Meira instantly lifted her hand until it blocked her face from it completely. so that only her palm faced the sun. The most powerful force of light in this galaxy.

Nothing happened.

Well, duh nothing happened Meira! I mean, it's the sun! What are you compared to the sun? Nothing... Meira thought, staring at the sun in wonder. It was beautiful...

Meira raised her hand to face her as she slowly took the white glove off her hand. She stared at the little white diamond, the little tattoo thing that resembled light. Then it hit her.

Meira shot up and put her bare hand above the reflecting water. Instantly the whole pond lit up like it wasn't a pool of water but a pool of light. It lit up the forest in such a power.

So... did Meira not control the water? It was simply in her palms?

Meira folded her palms up in a fist, completely covering her marking on her palm. The pond remained like it was. So, it was her? The markings just were... like training wheels? Something to help her out with it?

Meira lifted her hands, keeping her entire concentration on the light. She moved her hand, even though the light had left the pool and was now just a reflection. Meira still felt the energy, even then.

Then Meira remembered the shooting star.

A powerful blast shot out of her palm, knocking her off of her feet. She managed to look up before the little white blast of light slammed into a tree. So many cracks were heard throughout the tree trunk as it shattered and fell over. Meira gasped and rolled to the left to avoid the falling tree that she had just shattered. She looked at it, shocked. She looked at the murdered tree by her powerful blast of light, and saw the shadows beneath it. Well, it she was light, then who was darkness? Her mind was like a puzzle, one that she had finally figured out where to put the peices.

Her dream of the girl at the lake!

It was Kali!

Kali is darkness!

"Huh..." Meira muttered, thinking about what Tailynn was saying about Kali's personality. She assumed it fit, but... something about her didn't say she was dark.

Meira just guessed the light always has to meet the dark, and she knew who the dark was.

Kali.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you it's a while until they meet! lol