Who Do You Think You Are?

chapter quinze

John stood frozen in the middle of his room; his head was spinning trying to figure out why Alyssa was sitting on his bed. He dismissed every situation he thought of; every one seemed far-fetched.

“W-well? Are you going to say something?” John finally stuttered out.

Alyssa sat wide-eyed on John’s bed, he was actually speaking to her and she had no idea what to say. The speech that had taken three hours to write was obsolete. “I-I don’t know what to say.”

John huffed, “Then what are you doing sitting in my room?”

“This wasn’t my idea!” Alyssa shouted back.

“Then I ask the same question, what are you doing sitting in my room?!?!” John spat back.

“You can thank your teammates for this.”

“What do they have anything to do with this?”

“Zack, Cody and PK concocted this plan for us to spill our hearts out to each other.”

John’s brow furrowed, “Then I’ll cut to the chase. I never had feelings, nor will I ever have feelings for you. So just leave.”

Alyssa could feel the tears at the corners of her eyes; this wasn’t how it was supposed to go. She and John were supposed to pour their hearts out to each other, and then live happily ever after. Alyssa had made a big mistake coming here and now she had to get out before John saw her crying. “O-okay, I’ll go,” she choked out before calmly walking out of John’s room, accidentally forgetting a certain speech on the floor.

Zack, Cody and PK were casually hanging out in the hallway, hoping to eavesdrop on John and Alyssa’s conversation, but all they heard was shouting, which wasn’t a good sign. Suddenly, the door was opened to reveal Alyssa, visibly distraught and holding back tears.

“I hope you three are happy,” she spat before walking into the room she shared with Zack and Jordan; locking it behind her.

PK was the first to speak, “That didn’t go as planned, I think…I think I’m going to go talk to John.” Zack and Cody nodded before, going off to the rest of the team.

John watched as Alyssa calmly left his room, he sighed as he sat down on his bed. Alyssa was officially cut out of his life, which was for the best. Right? There was a knock at the door, before PK came walking in.

“Johnny? What just happened?”

“I just told Alyssa I never had feelings for her and to pretty much stay out of my life.”

PK’s jaw dropped, “Are you mental?!?! The girl is crazy about you and you’re crazy about her!! Why would you do that??”

“We’re not meant for each other, it’s obvious. It would have never worked anyways.”

PK sighed, he knew there was nothing that could change John’s mind. “Okay, if that’s what you want. You better start packing Johnny boy, your room is a mess.”

John smiled at his best friend, before throwing a dirty sock in his direction. PK quickly ran of the room before John could come after him. He took a look around his room and realized that it was really a mess, and since he had some time for an interview he started to clean. John was searching the floor for a matching pair of socks when he noticed several papers lying on the floor. Innocently picking them up, he started to read and by the end, he had tears in his eyes. He had lost the only girl that had truly loved him.

Alyssa sat in her dark hotel room, crying and sobbing for what seemed like hours. She heard the pounding at the door, knowing it was probably Zack, but she didn’t want anyone’s pity right now, all she wanted to do was cry. Two World Juniors in a row that ended with broken hearts. Later that night, she unlocked the door; Zack and Jordan had to get a good night’s sleep before the final tomorrow. Alyssa made sure to turn her Ipod on full blast, so she wasn’t disturbed.

The morning came all too quickly, the team was buzzing with excitement; Canada was going for five. Alyssa tried to stay angry and sad, but these boys meant too much for her and soon she was all smiles. Several times she had caught John’s eye, but she made sure to look away instantly; the wound was too fresh.

The game was set to begin; Alyssa looked over at her father who was busy telling his team what he expected and what he knew they could do. She smiled because she saw herself in her father and knew this was something she wanted to do. The game started off with a bang, with PK scoring not even a minute in. The noise level in the arena was deafening and it was even louder on the Canadian bench. After two periods, Canada was up 2-0 on Sweden and victory was in horizon.

Almost half way into the third period, Canada was up 3-1 and Sweden decided to pull their goalie, a bad idea with Jordan Eberle on the ice. Canada was now up 4-1, Sweden then made the mistake again, pulling their goalie and Cody Hodgson scored, making it 5-1. The clock slowly ticked down to zero, CANADA HAD WON GOLD FOR A FIFTH STRAIGHT TIME! Alyssa couldn’t control the tears that were streaming down her face, she was ecstatic. She proudly sung the national anthem with herteam friends and went over to the bench when the team lined up to get their medals because she wasn’t officially with the team. Then part of the training staff came over and gave her a note, she opened her mouth to ask who it was from, but they were gone in a flash.

The note read:

Dear Alyssa,
Alyssa

Girl,
You have no idea how I feel right now. I honestly don’t believe I deserve you after what I said to you, I don’t deserve anything. Especially not your forgiveness. When I first meet you, you honestly scared me; you were the daughter of my future national coach and you had the ability to make or break my chances. Then, when I actually made the team; we were put together in a room, sounded like a death sentence right? But it wasn’t, I got to see the real you. The girl that you hide away from everyone because you don’t want to seem weak or insufficient. But that’s the exact opposite Als, sometimes you have to show your softer side. When I first kissed you, my mind went blank and all I could see was you. This beautiful picture of the girl I loved.
That’s right.
I.love.you.
With all my heart, and I don’t care that we live on opposite sides of the country because we can make it work. And you’re right, we’re the perfect cliché story.
Girl and boy hate each other. Girl and boy are put together. Girl and boy fall in love. Girl and boy are temporary in denial for their love. Girl and boy confess their love and live happily ever after.
Cause that’s all I want from you, I want to be with you and only you.


Alyssa couldn’t breathe and her heart felt like it had stopped. John loved her back. John loved her. She couldn’t stop smiling and looked up, to see the entire team still celebrating out on the ice. Then, something or more like someone blocked her view. It was John.

“I think this belongs to you,” he said quietly, placing a gold medal around her neck.

“I-I…this…what?” Alyssa stuttered, laughing.

“You’re part of the team and since we won gold, you deserve a medal as well.”

Who do you think you are? Just handing out gold medals like they’re candy,” Alyssa asked, smirking.

“Well…” John said, pausing, before pulling Alyssa over the boards and skating around with her in his arms. “I’m think I’m in love with a girl.”

Alyssa smiled “Well, the girl loves you back,” she said, before kissing John fiercely.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end

i hope you enjoy this because i really enjoyed writing this.
i neglected it for a long time because i didn't feel inspired, but luckily all time low came to the rescue

please tell me what you think, i really want your honest opinion. =]