One World Apart

A Letter

“Fourteen, Cloud Street, Crimson Creek.” I murmured the address of the bakery to myself as a scribbled it on the back of a large white envelope. It would be a long time before this envelope reached anywhere significant though and that disheartened me a little.
I sighed dropping the pen on the desk and looking finally out the window and at the street below.
Seventeen years of life in the country had been somewhat boring. I’d known no life out of Crimson Creek since I’d been born. My grandparents owned no car so therefore we never traveled anywhere.

Once every three months my Aunt Marie and cousin Jasmine would come, visit her and her Grandparents at the bakery, they’d tell us stories, and show them pictures of all the places they had been in the world.

In between visits, I would write to Jasmine, though there was hardly anything interesting to write about in my letters. Nothing exciting ever happened in Crimson Creek. Though this letter was different, for once I had something to write about.

Dear Jasmine,
Today started as usual, I awoke I went downstairs and I started work in the bakery. Would you believe it? The first customer to walk in today was a boy. He would have been around our age to! I don’t think I’ve ever even seen a boy our age before Jasmine apart from the pictures you have shown me of all your boyfriends. He was different to them though.
He was much more beautiful.
He had the straightest, longest black hair I have ever seen, the most elegant facial features and the bluest eyes. As soon as he walked in my heart went on a rampage of fluttering beats.
He told me his name was Adam and he had traveled far to come and see me though he refused to specify exactly why. It was so queer. The first thing he said to me was, ‘hello, you’re Hailey Smith are you not?’
I don’t even want to guess how he knew my name. He just did.
I asked him how he knew my name, but yet again, he refused to tell me.
He didn’t stay for long but he said if you want the answers you seek meet me at the park on Weir Street at ten thirty tomorrow morning.
Then he left.
I don’t know if I shall go and see him tomorrow or not/ What if he kidnaps me? What if he kills me? I have so much doubt yet I’m so curious.
I’ll give you an update soon.

Yours lovingly
Hailey.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think this first chapter is very good. It is awfully short and may have many grammatical errors. When I have time I'll go through and edit it. Once again. Tell me what you think.