Be Silent

Where I'd Be.

Eve was snatched out from under Etiraan quicker than he could register the cold water hitting his upper abdomen.

Etiraan blinked and looked to his right, staring into fierce, blue eyes. Branwen held Eve closed to him, squeezing her wrists so hard that they would probably bruise by morning. He stared Etiraan down but made no movements and said nothing to him. Finally, Etiraan moved forward t glared back.

"What're you doing here?" He demanded.

"Excuse me if I wanted to bathe," Branwen shot back.

Eve finally broke away from Branwen and gave him a hurt look before swimming back to the edge of the lake. While she dressed, Branwen pressed close to Etiraan.

"Leave her alone."

"Why don't you? She came to me because she wasn't happy! This is your fault in the first place. Don't blame it on me,"

Branwen sighed and pushed past Etiraan, swimming to meet Eve up on the shore. She didn't speak to him and didn't look at him and instead shot an apologetic look at Etiraan. He shook his head and continued to float by the rock.

Eve and Branwen left in silence. Etiraan bowed his head and swam towards his clothes, hoping that Eve would be all right by herself.
----------

Branwen pushed Eve into his room and slammed the door, waving his hand over the knob as it disappeared. He turned and offered Eve a gentle look but she had already buried her face in the abundance of pillows at the head of Branwen's bed.

He crawled up to her and stroked her arm with a sigh. Eve still didn't turn to look at him. He exhaled a deep breath and eventually rolled her over to look at him, but she averted her eyes.

"What did I do?"

"You want to know what you did!?" Eve yelled, shooting upright and staring at Branwen. "You- lied!"