Be Silent

Secrets.

On the bus ride home, Eve was quiet. She didn't talk to Robby about anything that had happened that day and only stared down at her hands blankly, like she'd just committed some horrible crime. Robby had attempted to cheer her up and get her to talk but she remained silent. Eventually, Eve got off the bus and left Robby watching her through the window.

Eve walked gloomily inside of her home, greeted by her smaller twin brothers. They grew quiet when she patted them on the head and sauntered off to her room with drooping shoulders. Exchanging a look between each other, the twins rushed after her and pulled at her jacket.

"Evie. Come see what we found~!! Come see it!"

Eve pulled on a half-hearted smile and let herself be dragged out into their backyard. The twins pulled her over the the large tree in back yard and pointed up. At first, all Eve saw were the light pink flowers that bloomed every Spring, they'd been there for weeks now. But as she looked longer, she saw a lazy body up on a branch, one leg swinging over the side.

"Robby? Oh my God, Robby! Get down from there!!"

A smirk crept onto Robby's face before he slid roughly down the trunk of the tree. With a casual sway he walked over to Eve and smiled.

"Hey, Evie." He smiled.

Eve looked at he rather sternly before shooing her brothers back into the house before turning to smile at Robby. He slowly stepped forward towards her before grabbing Eve's hand and tugging on it a bit.

"I want to show you something. Something really special. But you have to promise not to tell,"

Eve nodded and Robby smiled again. He looked around before Robby and Eve jumped over the fence in her backyard and into Willow Forest. Why was it called Willow Forest? Only long, eerie Willow trees grew there and they seemed to sway to a nonexistent wind.

Robby and Eve held onto each others' hands tightly as they weaved in between the limbs of the Willows that draped themselves onto their shoulders. Robby came to an abrupt stop when they came to a large hole in the ground. Eve looked down at the large, gaping hole and saw stairs weaving around the sides. Before she knew it, Eve was being carefully led down those stairs by a cautious hand.

It didn't take them long to get down the stairs and when they did, they were greeted by several shadowed figures. As the stepped into the sunlight, that looked suspiciously like moonlight, Eve realized it was three lean creatures who apparently knew Robby.

They looked to be three elven men, maybe even triplets. They wore no shirts and black pants, bare footed. They had long black hair that was tied back and they had soft, blue eyes. The two of them stepped forward and began to examine a curious Eve who placed her hand on their faces as they place their hands on hers.

The three elven men turned a nodded before they led Robby and Eve down a dark path. It seemed as if they walked for an eternity before coming to a large room. The room was decorated with various portraits of things Eve had never seen before. The room had various jewels strung upon golden necklaces, hanging from the walls.

"Hey, Eve. Do you like it? This place."

Eve was speechless as to her opinions of the room before her. It was so large, it wasn't possible such a place could exist. It was so glamorous and extensive in its wares. Everything seemed like it was a dream, even the air of the room. Eve nodded to Robby's question before turning to look at him. Instead of seeing Robby, she saw one of the elven men in front of her, gazing intently at her. His eyes seemed glazed and foggy and a beautiful blue-gray colour. They were so shiny and seemed almost hypnotizing.

Suddenly a hand reached up and firmly latched onto her hip before pulling her against a firm body. Another hand wrapped around her waist as the former hand trailed up to the back of her neck, pulling her closer.

A pair of warm lips attacked her neck as Eve stumbled in surprise. She exchanged a look with Robby who immediately stepped forward and separated the elf from Eve. She stepped back and looked up at the elf with shining eyes. She wanted to see him more often; he'd make a wonderful photography subject.

Robby explained how they had to be getting back to the surface now before it got too dark to find their way home. The elves nodded and bowed with respect as they left. Eve turned around to the elf from moments before and stood on her tip-toes, whispering,

"I want you to come to the surface, to my home. Tomorrow if I can come back?"

Eve bit her lip as the two locked eyes and a smile crept onto his face. He nodded and bowed as Eve scrambled off to catch up with Robby, looking back and waving at the three elven brothers.