Be Silent

Returning Home To Nothing.

He was warm.

Eve awoke to a warm body next to hers and immediately snuggled closer to it, whole-heartedly assuming it was Branwen. When he looked up and expected emerald green eyes and silver hair, she saw blue eyes and black hair. And then the world went cold.
-------------------

"Where's Eve?! I know that's not her!!"

Robby had barged into the Labyrinth, looking for Eve and demanding where she was at the top of his lungs. Fairies and elves had gathered around to find Robby screaming and reaching out at Anrias while Naberl held him back calmly.

Robby's limbs soon went limp and Naberl let Robby's lithe form lean against him. Anrias gave Naberl an exasperated look before Naberl set Robby down on the ground and followed his brother. The crowd of creatures was beginning to disperse but Robby's concern grew larger by the second.

Eve stood over in the corner, screaming 'I'm right here!', but nobody heard her nor did they see her. Eve wondered if she even existed anymore. Was she dead? Panicked, Eve crouched down and screamed, covering her head with her hands as she buried her face in her knees.
------------------

Eve awoke again, in her bed, without a trace of Etiraan or Robby or anyone else for that matter. She sat up and slid out of bed immediately, sliding on her socks and rushing out of the room. Eve managed to find the entrance to the Labyrinth, but she couldn't get out.

Eve looked and saw no door nor was there any visible force holding her back, but she couldn't leave. What was keeping her here and why? She wanted to see Robby, tell him she was all right here in the Labyrinth. But she couldn't.

Remorsefully, Eve wandered the Labyrinth, taking turns without hesitation and completely oblivious to where she was going. It seemed that no matter which way she turned that she would always come back to that giant lake. Eve finally decided that walking was pointless, and walked down to the water's edge.

Taking off her clothes, Eve entered the cool water and shivered at it's icy touch. Eve suddenly lost her footing and fell into the water, an invisible but warm force pulling her down into the darkness. She passed out and ceased to struggle as her limp body was dragged away and witnessing fairies rushing to find Branwen immediately.

---------------

Eve looked up. A bright blue sky with puffy pink clouds were hovering above her. She sat up in a bright world. Apparently she'd been sleeping on the grass that was soft and wasn't irritating to her skin at all. Eve snapped her head around at the sound of a familiar voice calling her name.

It was Robby! He was alright!

Eve scrambled up and immediately looked down at herself. She had clothes on now; a long and plain white dress that reached the ground. While Eve had contemplated why she was in this dress, Robby picked her up and span her around with joy.

"You've been gone so long!" He complained into her hair.

"How did you know it wasn't me. .?"

"That what wasn't you?" Robby asked, looking down into Eve's face.

Eve looked up with a confused expression that soon turned into a spiteful one. She felt a hint of betrayal but reasoned with herself and relaxed.

"So, Robby. Where are we?" Eve asked gently before gasping slightly.

Robby crossed his arm over her and laid a wet kiss against her jaw before dragging his eyes up to meet hers.

"I don't know what you'd call this place. I come here all the time though." He answered.

"Could you take me home from here? Could you?"

Eve perked up and turned her face fully to meet Robby's. Her eyes wide and her teeth working at her lip, Eve was overjoyed when Robby nodded his head and stood up, pulling Eve with him. He held her hand as they crossed the massive green field and came across a white door. Robby turned the knob slowly and pushed gently. He and Eve stepped into the golden nothingness inside and ended up in Robby's room, just in time for a knock on his door.

The White Door and Golden Emptiness had disappeared when Eve looked back and she was back in normal clothing. Robby's mother gasped and covered her mouth with her hands when she saw Eve on Robby's floor.

"I-I'm going to call your mother. You should hurry home!"

Eve looked at Robby who offered her a weak smile and led her downstairs. Robby waved as Eve walked home by herself down the empty road. And then a gruesome thought hit her. All of the schoolwork she's missed so far. How is she ever going to make it up? How long had she been gone?

Eve was still staring at the ground when she put her key into the keyhole to unlock her door and pushed in. And what she laid eyes on was the last thing she'd ever of expected.