Everyday I Go To School

The Story.

Everyday I go to school and there she is. The girl. The girl of my dreams. I don't even know her name. But she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Perfect chestnut brown hair, that no matter what happens never moves out of place. Big, beautiful emerald green eyes, everytime I look into them I feel as if I can see into her soul. Her face is the face of an angel, all her features compliment each other perfectly and she has the kind of natural beauty you rarely see anymore. Perfection, but more than perfect. So much more.

Everyday I go to school and there he is. The boy. The boy of my dreams. He doesn't even know my name though. There's no way he'd ever be attracted to me anyway. My hair is always a mess, it never does what I want it to. My eyes are so ugly, they're such an awful shade of green, and they always have huge bags under them. Don't even get me started on my face. Every thing's wrong. My skin tone is funny and I've always got pimples. He'd never find me beautiful, no one could ever find me beautiful.

I sit in class. She sits with her friends all the time. I work to try and keep my mind off her. But my eyes always wander over to her. She's always talking and laughing with her friends. Her laugh, her voice, they're the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard. And the way her face turns a rosy colour when she laughs makes her so much more beautiful. She'll never feel the way I do though. Not about me at least.

I sit in class with my friends all the time. He's always working, too busy to notice me. I talk with my friends, trying to keep my mind off him. Sometimes when I'm laughing I see him looking at me. A strange, vague expression on his face and I can't help but blush. It's stupid though, he'll never feel how I feel. Not about me at least.

One time, we bumped into each other in the hall. She dropped her books on the ground and wouldn't look at me, just saying sorry and quickly trying to scoop her books back up. I had to help her and I picked up half her books and when we both stood I handed them too her. She kept her hair over her face when I said it was alright and handed back the books. She had a small smile on her face that was so beautiful when she thanked me.

We bumped into each other in the hall one day. I felt like such a klutz. I felt so embarrassed but was so glad when he helped me pick up my books. I told him I was sorry for bumping into him and he said it was alright. He probably didn't even see me because I'm so invisible. I didn't want to move my hair from where it went in front of my face because I was blushing so much. I said thank you to him when he handed me the rest of my books and then smiled goofily at him. He must think I'm a weirdo.

Today will be different though. Today will be the day that I finally talk to her.

Today won't be any different. Today will be the day that I finally make myself get over him.

In the morning I go straight to her locker. She's always there with her friends. I try to act confident as I approach the group of girls. Taking a better look as I get closer I realise she's not there. The one day I've built my confidence up and she's not there.

I ask one of her friends - I think her name is Amanda - where she is. She shrugs her shoulders and asks her other friends. None of them know either. She decides to call her and find out why she isn't at school yet.

He'll never notice that I'm not there. My presence has never affected him before. He won't feel sad when I'm gone.

Amanda's eyes widen and tears begin to pool. After a few "yes"'s and "I'm sorry"'s she hangs up and looks at me and her friends sadly. "Gabby killed herself this morning."

And in that one shattering moment my heart broke and I've been dead inside ever since.

I was there when Amanda called my mother and she found out I'd killed myself. I could see how upset she was. I wished I could go back and change what I did, especially when I saw him. He looked the saddest of them all. Heartbroken. He loved me, I could see it, but now it was too late. All I wanted was for him to be happy. I think they could feel me there and that somehow they knew I just wanted them to be happy because a few weeks later they got together.

Five years on and I still haven't gotten over Gabby. Amanda and I are getting married. Something told me that I needed to take care of her. I love her. But she'll never fill the hole that was my love for Gabby.