It's Really Happening

Chapter 12

The remainder of the car ride back to Eris' was filled with all sorts of lewd comments, most of them coming from Tiffany, and nearly all of them were about Rian. I don't think I had ever seen Alex's jaw drop so many times in such a short time span. I think by the end, Tiffany was seeing how far she could go, just how many times she could shock Alex in the remainder of the car ride.

When Eris stopped the car, it wasn't in front of her apartment, it was in front of the hotel the guys were staying at.

"Out." Alex looked at her, confused and probably saddened by this new development.

"But-"

"We have lots of work to do and we don't need you around, staring at Tiffany's rack."

"But-"

"Yes, they're nice. I know." Eris rolled her eyes.

"Thank you! I take pride in them," Tiffany replied with a grin, taking the opportunity to fondle herself. Of course, Alex stared.

"Hey! Out!" I shrieked. "You heard Eris!"

"You guys all suck," Alex grumbled.

"If you only knew." Tiffany smirked.

"Wha-"

"OUT!" all three of us shouted at Alex, finally getting him out of the car. The second the door shut behind him, Eris sped off.

"So what is this work we have to do?" I asked, hugging the vacant front seat as I leaned forward to talk to Eris. She stared at me in the rearview mirror, as if to say,

"Are you serious?" Tiffany cut in. "I just got here and even I know what's going on."

"Oh. Right." I sat back, feeling very foolish. A moment went by before Eris spoke.

"You still don't know, do you?"

"No!" I frowned, feeling dumber than before.

"Your wedding plans!" Tiffany sighed. "Jesus, woman."

"Oh, just those? I thought you guys had something else planned."

"You're weird, Abby."

When we finally returned to Eris' apartment, everything seemed to fall into place. We ordered a ridiculous amount of Chinese food and Tiffany began rummaging around the apartment.

"Can I take down this whiteboard?" she asked, pointing to the one that was currently blank and hanging on the wall, gathering dust.

"What for?" Eris asked.

"To draw obscenely dirty pictures of me and Rian. What do you think?" Eris rolled her eyes.

"Sure, take it down. Not like it's mine," she muttered as Tiffany brought it over to the couch. After being given a black dry-erase marker, she scrawled "WEDDING SHIT" across the top of the board, much like Eris' notebook.

"Mind-reader, much?" I teased.

"Okay. Main points of a wedding are before, during and after." Tiffany began, ignoring my comment. "Where it's going to be, who's coming, what's it look like, what's the ceremony going to be like, etcetera. We have a lot of shit to cover." Tiffany listed as she wrote them down on the board.

"Huh. Never thought my wedding would be bulleted on a white board." I chuckled.

"Better than what we had before," Eris commented.

"Very true." I sighed. "Okay, first, location."

"Any ideas at all?" Tiffany asked, and I shrugged in response.

"Eris, where's your notebook?"

"Hang on," she jumped up to get it, coming back within a minute and tossing it to Tiffany, "Mostly blank, but there you go."

"You two would never get anything done without me." Tiffany laughed.

"Probably." Eris grinned.

"Okay. West coast, I'm assuming? Our current state in particular?" Tiffany asked. Eris looked at me and I hesitated.

"Yes."

"You sure?" Eris asked.

"Mhmm," I answered. "This way, we can pretty much do it any time of the year."

"Speaking of that!" Tiffany interrupted as she wrote that down. "When is the big day?" I froze.

"Another good question!" Eris proclaimed. Tiffany looked at both of us before rolling her eyes and making a note in the notebook.

"To be determined. Next!"

By the time our food arrived, the three of us had decided on three possibly locations, I had made a call to Josh's mom to ask her to compile a list of the family members she would want to attend as well as compiled a partial list of my own family members, and now we were looking up potential caterers online.

"This is so overwhelming," I said with a sigh as Eris handed over my food.

"It is your wedding," she pointed out.

"Shouldn't Josh be here to help?" Tiffany asked as she put the laptop aside.

"Probably," Eris and I answered together.

"Stupid question." Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Let's talk about something more fun!"

"Like?" Eris asked.

"Honeymoon!" I choked on the piece of chicken I had just eaten, coughing violently as I tried to swallow it without choking more.

"Awkward subject?" Eris snickered.

"The honeymoon or her fiancé?" Tiffany grinned.

"Both," I answered as soon as I could breathe normally.

"Well, it's not like you've never done it so at least that's out of the way." Tiffany shrugged. "More importantly, where would you want to go?"

"Go for Ireland," Eris nudged me, "awesome place, lots of booze. Best of both worlds."

"Definitely," I agreed. "Write that down as a possibility," I asked Tiffany.

"Already done."

An hour or so passed by before we started getting tired of semi-planning and so we gave up for the day, switching the topic of conversation to nonsensical things. As usual, Rian came up in conversation and Eris and I had to quickly change the subject.

As we cleaned up the remains of our Chinese food and Tiffany re-hung the whiteboard full of our scribbles, Eris brought up a topic I hadn't expected.

"You know...I've always been curious about something."

"What?"

"Not that I enjoy hearing about my friends' sex lives, but I find it weird that I can't remember ever hearing about you and Josh."

"Yeah? Hmm," I answered, avoiding the subject.

"Now that you mention it," Tiffany added, "I don't think I have either."

"So?" Eris asked.

"So what?" I replied.

"Well now I want to know," Tiffany said. "Spill."

"I...can't."

"Why not?" She frowned.

"Because I don't know either," I answered quickly, hoping the subject would change.

"...What?" Eris asked, she and Tiffany sharing the same shocked expression.

"You heard me. I don't know."

"You mean you haven't-"

"Nope."

"Not even once?" Tiffany asked, completely aghast.

"He wanted to wait and I said okay!"

A moment of silence passed before both Eris and Tiffany burst out laughing. I waited for them to stop, but it seemed like they were just going to keep on laughing.

"Okay! Okay! It's not that funny!"

"Sorry," Tiffany gasped, still laughing. "It's not you, I swear. It's just-"

"The fact-" Eris took a deep breath, calming herself, "that it was Josh's idea is just so hilarious."

"Is he a virgin?" Tiffany asked. "Is that why he wanted to wait?"

"I don't think I need to tell you that."

"HE IS?!" she shrieked, and the two of them burst into laughter again.

"What! Shut up! I think it's admirable."

"Okay, okay." Eris calmed down, "I see your point."

"Well," Tiffany laughed a few more times, "there goes my image of Josh. I always though the was a man whore."

"Who would've thought Mr. Pump Jump would be so virtuous?" Eris remarked.

"Okay, let's change the subject," I pleaded.

"Alright." Tiffany sighed. "Let's get drunk."

Once an idea was in Tiffany's head, there was no turning back or arguing about it. The three of us were going to get all dressed up and go out, and that was final. Where we were going, on the other hand, was completely up to Eris since she was the only local.

"I don't go to clubs for reasons other than shows!"

"What about your roommate?" Tiffany suggested. "Wouldn't she know of one?"

"That could work." Eris nodded. She went off to seek out Giselle while Tiffany continued to get me ready.

"This is going to be as bad as the time you dressed me up for a show, isn't it?" Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"If I remember correctly, we all had a blast and-" Tiffany leaned down to my ear, "Josh loved you in that dress."

"Shush!" I elbowed her and she laughed as she went back to fixing my hair.

"But really, it'll be like that plus the time you got drunk on Valentine's Day. Awesome."

"For you. Awkward for me."

"Fine! No boys allowed! Just us! Happy?"

"Now my fiancé won't see the ridiculous shit we get ourselves into? Yes, I'm happy."

"As if he doesn't already know," Eris remarked as she came back into her room.

"Plus, it's not like he doesn't do retarded shit when he's drunk." Tiffany laughed.

"Changing the subject – where are we going?" I asked Eris as she sat down behind us.

"I have a list!" Eris said as she held up a piece of paper. "I've never seen Giselle so excited. It was sort of scary."

"Lemme see!" Tiffany said excitedly. "Holy shit, are we going to all of these?"

"God no! She rated them, and the three with stars are the best. We'll try those out."

A few hours later, we had ended up at the third club, after checking out the first two. One of them had been closed for a private party, and the other had been a gay club.

"Giselle has odd taste in clubs," I commented as we left the second club.

"She's a dancer. Therefore, she knows a lot of gay men." Eris rolled her eyes. "Yet I have no idea what she was thinking when she recommended it to us."

"I think it would've been fun!" Tiffany said as we reached the third club, and it looked promising. By the time we got in, it was clear to all of us that this was where we would spend the remainder of the night.

First, we had a few drinks to get loosened up, and soon enough Tiffany was pulling the both of us out onto the dance floor. It was a little hard to keep away from random guys looking for company, but since I was engaged, Eris had Zack and Tiffany wanted Rian, there wasn't much anyone could do to convince us.

At one point, Tiffany and Eris went off to get another round and I stayed where I was, dancing by myself. Like before, a few guys tried to get me to dance with them but I politely refused, time and time again pointing to the ring on my finger.

I had just turned away from someone when I felt an arm around my waist. I became a little nervous and tried to get away, but whoever it was wouldn't let go. I turned around to confront who was holding onto me, and I was met by a pair of lips pressed against mine. When I pulled away, I saw Josh in front of me with a big smile on his face.

"What...how did you find me?"

"I have my ways." He grinned.

"Josh?" Eris asked, she and Tiffany finally back from their drink run. "The hell are you doing here?"

"Same as you. Out with friends." He pointed across the club, where Rian and Zack were sitting at a table.

"Where are the others?" I asked, looking around for signs of them.

"Dave had to go back to Michigan, but Alex and Jack are probably at the bar."

"Figures," Eris muttered.

"Come on, let's go over there," I said, letting Josh lead the way through the crowd. When the six of us had gotten situated at the table, Eris came out with it:

"How the fuck did you find us?" The three guys looked at each other before Zack spoke.

"Giselle told us where we might find you."

"Of course," Eris grumbled. "Oh! Introductions. Rian, Zack, this is Couch."

"Couch?" they both repeated.

"Yeah, but you can call me Tiffany." She smiled from her place between Rian and me.

"You're very sneaky," I said to Josh, and he smiled at me.

"What? Am I not allowed to want to spend time with my fiancée?” he asked as he placed his hand on my neck, pulling me in for another kiss.

"Well this is awkward!" Eris exclaimed. Tiffany laughed.

"Moreso for me! At least you have your lover here with you. Rian and I are the awkward ones."

"She's right," he said with a shrug. "Usually am."
♠ ♠ ♠
HI I'M BAD AT UPDATING. You should probably yell at me more often >_>

Thanks for reading.