Spring of Love

Like We Never Knew Each Other

I woke to the early morning sun bathing my skin. I rolled over and the thoughts of last night rushed back into my head. I need to talk to Jason and I need to talk to him soon. It was only 10 am so I had plenty of time before Jason would even be functional. I did my normal morning things like showering, doing my hair, make up and got dressed. I hopped down the stairs, which proved hard in my skin tight, blue skinny jeans. I debated about eating breakfast but I decided against it. I was sure if I ate anything, I'd puke from being so nervous.

I practically ran all the way to Jason's house, it wasn't far so it wasn't really that hard. Both his parents were out which was a good thing. I didn't know how this was going to go. I paused at his front door and took a deep breath. After I calmed myself, I placed my hand on the door knob and opened it. Jason and I always walked into each others homes so it wasn't anything weird.

I kicked my shoes off onto the mat by the door and made my way up the stairs. The sounds of I Killed the Prom Queen filled my ears, Colombian Necktie to be exact. I smiled at the fact that he was listening to my favourite song. Maybe this wouldn't go as bad as I had thought. I reached Jason's bedroom door and knocked.

"It's me!" I yelled over the music and the door was ripped open.

"KIA!" Jason pulled me into a spinning hug.

"Jason put me down before I puke all over you." I squealed, instantly he put me down.

"That would be nasty." He made a face at the image.

"Mmm." I hummed, before sitting on his bed.

"Is something wrong?" He asked as he turned down the stereo.

"I'm fine it's just, its nothing." I mumbled. God, I need to get a back bone.

"What is it sweet heart? You know you can talk to me about anything." He said and kneeled in front of me.

"Its just, Rayanne came up to my yesterday at the party and said the only reason you were my friend was so you could get laid." I said in a sad tone.

"Sweetie, you know that's not true. You're my best friend, I'd never do that to you." He smiled up at me.

"Then why did you and the guys stop talking when I walked up last night?" I questioned, I honestly wanted to know.

"What? T-that was n-nothing." He stuttered out nervously.

"If it was nothing way won't you tell me." I said annoyed.

"Because, I just can't Kia." He said in a pained voice.

"It's because Rayanne was right! You don't want to be my friend!" I yelled and jumped up off the bed.

"You know that's not true!" Jason shouted, clearly annoyed.

"How can I when you won't tell me the truth?" I screamed, tears running down my face.

"I think you're the one who doesn't want to be friends!" Jason yelled angrily. "You're the one who won't accept the fact that I can't tell you!"

"Don't even say that! You know that you're my best friend!" I was shocked by his accusation.

"I'm not so sure anymore. A best friend wouldn't do this." Jason replied spitefully.

"A real best friend would tell the other one the truth." Two could play that game.

"A real best friend wouldn't pressure the other one." Jason growled.

"We wouldn't even be having this argument if you just told me just told me what you guys were talking about!" I yelled, frustrated.

"Forget I even tried, you won't believe me no matter what I say." He was clearly mad.

"If that's how you feel, let's just forget each others names, like we never knew each other." I yelled, I was completely over this.

"Do you honestly think we can do that?" Jason asked in a dry tone.

"I don't know, but I'm going to try." There was a pause in the argument. We stopped to let everything sink in. Stitches by The Dykeenies started to play over the stereo, it was our song. I couldn't help but feel a pang in my heart when I heard it.

"You know what? I'm done." I said before I stormed out of the room.

Jason and I had never yelled so much in our entire lives. I know I shouldn't have believed something Rayanne had said but who's to say Jason hadn't said it? I was gone for a long time at the party, he could have said anything and I completely missed it. I walked out of Jason's house with tears steaming down my face. I collapsed on the curb outside his house, sun beating down on me. I lost my best friend that day and a large piece of my heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason's Point of View

I couldn't believe her. Rayanne Williams was a huge liar and couldn't be more wrong about my feelings towards Kia. I was in love with the girl , I don't know how she couldn't see it. I watched her walk out of my bedroom, it was like a bad dream come to life. The moment she left the room, the album started skipping, the one playing our song. My heart shattered when I heard the front door slam. I lost my best friend the second she walked out that door and out with her walked a large piece of my heart.