‹ Prequel: Vengeance Banks In

The Gates of Hell

Cheated On Me

“If you leave, I’m going with you,” he climbed across the seat and gave me a rough kiss on my lips. “Your not alone, Briony. You and me, we make a good team, us two.”

“Why do you want me so bad, Brian?” tears began to flow freely over my eyelids. “Zacky just told me he fell out of love with me, my father never loved me—why do you even try? I’m broken.”

“That’s kind of like asking why the sky is blue or why your eyes are the brightest dark color I’ve ever seen,” he smiled, kind of in a free/high state. “There is no answer, I just do. I won’t ever fall out of love with you; there are so many reasons to stay where I am right now.”

“Name them,” I wasn’t sobbing, but there were tears rolling down my face. “What makes me so special and not Caty?”

“You love with your whole being; you breathe an air of relaxation that I could just fall into. Jesus, Briony you’re beautiful and you don’t even know it. You laugh at yourself, you don’t take yourself serious at all and—God I can’t even sum it all up,” he laughed and raked his hands through his untidy head of hair. “You smile at everything, you’ve been through hell and yet you see heaven in everyone. No one could ever compete with you, it was hell knowing I let you go to Zacky when I could have stopped it, I wanted you happy. I fucking love you Briony Lynn, I’d give up everything I’ve ever known to disappear with you and Haven. I’d be her father. That’s if you wanted all that, me, you and Haven.”

“What about your baby with Caty?” I gasped, it was all I could manage with all the emotions flowing through me like hot lava.

“Ah fuck, Briony—that’s not my baby—she begged me to claim it was to save herself the humiliation and pain,” he didn’t say who’s it was, but I had a pretty good idea.

“Zacky got her pregnant on Halloween, didn’t he?” I whispered. It would make since, that was about the time he started to push himself away from me, plus I was at home with Haven—he was free to do whatever.

“I didn’t want to tell you, I knew it would hurt you to much,” Brian sighed and hugged me to his chest. “It’ll be okay, baby. All we have to do is make our own family, you, me and baby.”

“I trusted him, Brian,” I whispered clutching at Brian’s shirt and chest, he stayed quiet as I cried, I only started back to Brian’s and my old home when Haven started to cry out for her bottle. “Brian, promise me something.”

“I promise you the world,” he murmured before he could even think, he brushed back my hair as I drove, staring at my face like I was God—he truly did love me, and I dismissed it all those years.

“I don’t want the world,” I shook my head. “Promise me you won’t disappoint me in love, I trust you.”

“I haven’t done anything bad yet to make you not trust me,” he stated. “And I don’t ever plan too.”

The next morning I woke with tired and aching eyes, they hurt from the tears I had shed the day before. I yawned and gazed around the room, Brian wasn’t in bed beside me. I moved off the bed and trailed into Haven’s room, but her bed was empty. “What the hell?” I grumbled sleepily as I stumbled from her room, I went down to the kitchen and found her in Zacky’s arms. “What are you doing?”

“Feeding Haven,” he sounded innocent as he spoon fed her bananas from her baby bowl. “Sleep well in Brian’s bed last night?”

“Sleep well with Caty on Halloween?” he looked up at that, his filled with many emotions. “Like it wasn’t obvious, you left me at home on Halloween and didn’t come back until the next night.”

“Son of a bitch,” he whispered as he sat down Haven’s bowl and spoon, he called for Val and when she came in she took over feeding Haven. “Come on, we have to talk.”

“More lies, fun,” I enjoyed giving him a hard time after everything he had done to me. It was the best revenge I could muster.

“No more lies, baby,” he said sadly as he grabbed my hand and dragged me outside to the patio deck, I sat down in my own seat that could be shared, I put my feet up on it though so he wouldn’t sit with me.

“Want to explained everything, right now depression doesn’t seem to hit me hard enough, answers would be nice,” I murmured softly, crossing my legs as I watched his expressions change.

“I’ve never found myself attracted to Caty, so when I woke up to her in my bed with me instead of you, I was shocked and horrified,” he sighed and rubbed his head. “When she said she was pregnant, I was scared so I pushed myself away—“

“That is the biggest load of shit I’ve ever seen you sell,” Brian startled me when he walked up and moved my feet and sat down where they had been, my feet in his lap. “And I’ve heard you sell a lot.”

“Fuck off, Brian,” Zacky glared at Brian. “Go back inside; I’m talking to my wife here.”

“Estranged wife,” Brian corrected putting his hands on my legs, sliding them up and down in a—sensual yet massaging way. He looked up into my eyes, sadness showing before he turned back to Zacky. “I remember the night, how about I explain it since I’m the only one that seems to know the real story.”

“Don’t fucking do it,” Zacky looked ready to jump up and break Brian’s neck, but Brian was as relaxed as could be.

“Why? Scared for her to know the truth?” Brian snapped back.

“You’ll ruin it for yourself too, Brian. You’re tattling to your mistress,” Zacky was gritting his teeth together, I watched them both with wide and confused eyes.

To much information, I just might overload.

“Its better for her to know the truth, lies do nothing but kill the people you tell them too,” Brian stated as he looked away from Zacky, who was still gritting his teeth, it looked like he might break them. “Briony, you deserve to know.”

“I know,” I whispered staring into his brown eyes, he was telling the truth, he wanted me to know more than anything and not just for his own good, but for mine. He did love me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Five comments to know Brian's version of Zacky's story. Don't you just love it?

Banner