‹ Prequel: Vengeance Banks In

The Gates of Hell

Under The Bridge

“Why?” was the only thing that came out of my mouth when I glanced down at Caty who was laying on her bed, she had a busted lip, black eye and a couple knuckles looked broken. It took awhile for everyone to separate her and Michelle, I give it to Michelle, she didn’t back down but Caty was fast and she fought a lot in school, she had experiences with fights.

“I was tired of her making comments about everyone, she’s been fucking moody as hell for six months, since you and Zacky got engaged and I’m so tired of it. I snapped because when Zacky told everyone to stop fighting, she mad a comment about him needing to shut his fucking mouth. I lost it,” she explained rubbing her nose, she had questioned a couple times if it looked broke.

“Thank you for sticking up for him, but Caty you can’t go and start a fight with Brian’s girlfriend,” I sighed heavily as I plopped down beside her on the bed.

“I can too,” she mumbled before she whined. “Can you go get me something to put over my knuckles, they hurt like a bitch.”

“I’ll be right back,” I murmured standing up, I trailed down the stairs to the kitchen slowly, trying to come up with an excuse for Caty to tell Brian, but nothing seemed to work in my mind. When I pushed open the kitchen door, I saw Michelle and Brian arguing while he pressed a bag of ice to her nose. “I’m just getting ice…”

“I’m sorry, Briony but I hate your cousin, she’s a fucking bitch,” Michelle snipped but didn’t get to go any farther because she sneered in pain and snagged the bag of ice from Brian’s hands. “That fucking hurt, you idiot.”

“Fix yourself, Michelle, I’m so fucking over hearing you bitch,” he sighed and walked to the pantry, grabbed a Ziploc bag and filled it with ice from the freezer and without a word, led me out of the kitchen with his arm around my waist. “I think its over for me and Michelle.”

“Don’t say that, you two have been together forever,” I softly whined as we walked up the stairs. “I mean, if its because of Caty kicking her ass, I’ll talk to her…”

“Its not that, Bri,” he laughed softly. “She’s pissed because we’ve been together for over five years now, I haven’t asked her to marry me and you and Zacky got engaged after three months together, she’s taking out on me what she’s pissed about.”

“Why haven’t you asked her to marry you?” I asked as we stopped walking, standing in front of my bedroom door, Caty’s was farther down.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged his shoulders, his expression was pure puzzlement, he didn’t know and honestly I don’t think he ever will—I think, he just didn’t love her like he wished he did. “Maybe its because I’m an awful boyfriend.”

“You’re not an awful boyfriend, Brian. You’re a great guy, you just haven’t found the right person to get married to, Michelle may not be it and that’s fine because you can always be her friend,” I explained with a soft smile, I leaned up and kissed his cheek before I grabbed the ice bag from his hand and walked away to Caty’s room. “Here’s your ice.”

“Thank you,” Caty smiled and grabbed it from my hand, I nodded and took a seat beside her, that was until Zacky and Brian walked in side by side. “Brian I am so sorry if I made you—“

“Don’t, its okay,” Brian smiled and nodded as he walked over and took my seat, I had stood and walked over to Zacky. We glanced at each other and realized we needed to give them some space, so we slyly snuck out without a sound.

“That should be interesting,” Zacky smirked as we walked to our room, yes our room. I had gave up my room when Robert and Kassie decided to move in partially, they only stayed through the week and on the weekends they went home.

“Very interesting,” I chuckled as I lay down on the bed, I had closed my eyes and waited for Zacky to climb in bed but I was very surprised when I felt him straddle my hips. “What are you doing?”

“Um, trying to get a kiss or two?” he said innocently, I had to laugh and pull him down for a kiss just for that. A good thirty minutes later, we lay side by side in bed snuggling. He was in just his boxers and I in my girl boxers and sports bra. The door opened and Danielle walked in, she seemed unfazed at our gapping at her for just walking in.

“Tomorrow we’ve decided we’re going to the Promenade for dinner, its like the dress rehearsal for the wedding but its just meeting for all us,” she spoke her peace and then left with a nod.

“No one ever knocks,” Zacky murmured under his breath, he sounded shocked but its happened so many times it shouldn’t really shock us.

“We need a lock,” I grunted closing my head and laying my head on his chest, his low laughter rumbled in his throat and made me smile.

“Yes we do baby,” he rubbed my arm until I was deep in my sleep.

When I woke up the next day I was greeted with Zacky walking in the room, panic covering his face, I started to panic until I seen his waist only covered with a towel, his hair all soaked and disheveled and little beads of water running down his chest. “Are you okay?” I asked leaning up on my elbow.

“Danielle, Leana, Val, Caty and Kassie chased me from the shower downstairs, they were going to take my towel and lock me out of the house. I managed to escape but they scared the fuck out of me,” he ran and jumped on the bed, his towel falling off as he covered himself with the sheet.

“Zacky, clothes,” I laughed shielding myself from seeing him all nude, though I really wanted to look.

“Why?” he pulled me to him and grinned when I started shrieking, he started laughing as I hid my face in his chest, I was red as a tomato I’m sure. “Honey, get used to it—you’ll be seeing it in a few days anyway.”

“Yeah,” I agreed slowly lifting my head to see him staring at me, I slowly lifted myself off him and straddled his waist, he groaned as I leaned down and kissed his lips, I must have moved the wrong way or possibly the right way. “Don’t even think about it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
How about we comment? I'd be nice of you guys.

Banner

Zacky, prize one.

Zacky, prize two.