The Rise & Fall of O'Hare

Family Business

Ann parked her black BMW beside a similar white car. She sat in her car staring at the heavy gray doors on the front of the warehouse for what felt like forever.

Oh well, what the hell, she thought as she got out of her car while being careful not to hit the car next to her.

I should probably fill you in on whats happen.

Annabella Maria Rossi was born on October 28, 1982 in O'Hare, New York. She is the youngest of three children. Her two older brothers are Anthony, 27, and Franco, 28. After high school she went to the police academy and after graduation she became a detective for the O'Hare Police Department.

And did I mention Ann's father, Leon Rossi, was the head of the Italian mob. The Rossi family has been in charge since the late '50s. Ann's oldest brother Franco,would take over once their father died.

Ann wanted out of the loop after she witnessed a few horrific action preformed by her brothers; most of the actions where taken out by Franco. She decided the best way to get out was to become a cop. The night she told her family about she acceptance to the police academy, her dad disowned her and kicked her out, her mom cried but remained silent, Franco showed no emotion, and Anthony helped her pack her things and took her to a motel. Anthony shared Ann's views on their family 'business' but he was in too far o get out safely.

As Ann walked to the door of the warehouse as the sky opened up and rain started to fall. She ignored the bad omen and knocked three times on the metal door.