The Rise & Fall of O'Hare

The Gathering

The heavy door opened with a squeak. Standing in the doorway was a man. He was taller than Ann and thicker. His brown hair was buzzed and his eyes were a hazel color. Ann couldn't take her eyes off of his, probably because his held pure hatred as he looked at her. If looks could kills. This man clearly knew who she was.

"What do you want?" the man snarled, his voice had a slight Italian accent.

"I want to talk to Rossi." Ann replied in a soft but firm voice.

"He's in a meeting." was all the man said.

"So." I said confidently.

The man gave her a very dirty look before leading her down a hallway.

The inside of the warehouse was just as bad as the outside. The concrete floors were cracked and un-leveled. The paint on the walls was chipping and Ann was sure it was lead paint. There were cobwebs in the corners and a few spiders and ants crawling on the floor.

The man lead her to another pair of heavy looking doors and told her to wait for a moment as he disappeared behind the doors. Ann looked down at her shoes, a pair of black All Star Converses. She always wore those shoes. Along with the shoes she was wearing a pair of black dress pants, a silky purple top and a black jacket that reached to the mid of her thigh. She was dressed for work, which is where she would be going after this, if she survived til then.

The man returned and held the door open and motioned for her to come in. She entered the room and was slightly overwhelmed by what she saw. In the middle of the big room were four tables, put together to make a square. Sitting at the table closet to Ann were five men. She recognized them from the Spanish mafia, the man in the middle was Jorge Gracia, the head of the family. He was a short, beefy man with thinning black hair.

At the table on their right sat three men. Two had deep brown hair, the other had bright red hair.The Irish mob, leaded by Ian O'Neily. On either side of him sat his two sons, Davy and Ewan.

Across from them sat a lone man. He seemed to be about 35. His brown hair was shaggy. (Imagine Sawyer from Lost) He was wearing a plain black shirt with a pale green jacket that looked like it came from Goodwill, and his jeans had a hole in on knee. Ann didn't recognize him.

At the last table sat Ann's family. Franco, who had a very confused look on his face; Anthony, who looked extremely worried; Marco, Ann's cousin, looked apathetic; and finally her father, who, to Ann's surprised, had a smile on his face.