The Rise & Fall of O'Hare

Stupid is My Middle Name

"What do you want, Annabella?" asked Leon Rossi, his voice hard but kind. Ann hated it when people used her whole name. Damn her mother.

Ann was about to respond til she noticed that everyone's eyes were on her. Ann had never been shy, but now she became very nervous. Sensing her uneasiness, Leon continued talking.

"I think I know why.You came here, in hope, to warn your family that the police plan to arrest me and my friends for "tax evasion". Am I right?"

Ann was stunned. "I.....how do you know?" she asked not really wanting to know the answer.

"You are not the only person I know that works in the police department, Ann. I also know that this is the new DA's - what's his name?"

"Eric Foreman."

"Right. This is Mister Foreman's way of trying to destroy our business. All that aside, I'm pleasantly surprised that you came her today Ann. Taking risks that were not need. But I'm proud that you have not abandon your family completely."

God my father talks a lot. He must like the sound of this voice. Thought Ann as her father finished talking. I've only been her five minutes and he's putting me on a guilt trip. Ass.

"Right. So I'll just leave now." Ann said uncertainly as walked back towards the door.

"Ann?" Leon said

"Yea?" Fearing what her father was going to say.

"Don't do anything stupid."